the 6 Day War...

Hi Leo,
You are being a victim of some weird evangelical doctrines, I once was brainwashed as well.
It all stems from this desire to interpret the prophesy of the end times in a suitable way, perhaps to help god hurry things up.
If israel settles into holy land we'll arrive at the end times, christ will come etc.

But why? because imo a lot of those folks are desperate to quit this life that they cannot stand, shortcut to heaven asap. The hope at least makes the burden of their existence more bearable.
That's what I learned from some of my friends that were into prophesy a lot, easier to dream of a glorious shortcut than to tackle and make the best of this life.

How many books out there supposedly predicting the end times and the antichrist?
Just pick any new one and in 5 years max it will be obsolete.:rolleyes:

Just my opinion.

But death sentence is another story.... *insert tounge in cheek* lol.... .

Hee, hee did I not say people on the other hand are scummy? If we all treated each other with dignity and respect there would be no need for punishment (because there would be no rapists or murderers). :D

caimanson,
You are being a victim of some weird evangelical doctrines, I once was brainwashed as well.
geez, wow, am i brainwashed? is that how i come off? sorry. weird thing is i follow no manmade doctrine, so how was i brainwashed? did i brainwash myself? is that possible? i washed my own brain? weird!

But why? because imo a lot of those folks are desperate to quit this life that they cannot stand, shortcut to heaven asap. The hope at least makes the burden of their existence more bearable.
look, man, i live and die by this scripture and it explains my view of this world:
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
i can relate to those words because frankly, i don't want anything to do with this world. i don't find satisfaction here at all. so yes, i don't want to be here, you are correct. does that mean i want to leave my family and friends behind to take a shortcut to heaven? nope, i want to make the best of this life just like you said. your opinion is valuable to me and it also means a great deal that you are concerned for me. thanks and God blesss you...

caimanson,
geez, wow, am i brainwashed? is that how i come off? sorry. weird thing is i follow no manmade doctrine, so how was i brainwashed? did i brainwash myself? is that possible? i washed my own brain? weird!

Don't think you are, you demonstrate to be flexible and openminded.
I was the one that once was brainwashed...
I'm saying that you are listening to the same weird ideas I did, just to watch out for as you say manmade doctrines.

below is a link to a website about the 6 Day War and the miracles that occured there. it is very fascinating and actually got me choked up just reading about it because i know God intervened for the nation of Israel in that war.

And there was me thinking it was due to military hardware. :rolleyes:

The leader on the site is misleading - yes, the Israeli army was smaller than the surrounding alliance - but the Israeli's had superior arms from the start.

What the Israeli's did once the situation of war had become clear was to immediately ensure air superiority - which by all accounts they had little difficulty in achieving as the Arab forces were focused on a ground offensive.

Once they had air supriority the war became a duck shoot.

The Egyptians felt this especially as their forces were routed, but were able to reclaim a couple of miles from the Israeli advance by moving their anti-aircraft defences forward.

Equating military hardware with judgement from God I think is a very dangerous suggestion to make.

2c.

Kindest Regards, Neemai, and welcome to CR!
A lot of warfare has very little, or nothing to do with love, but I believe there are still examples of love to be found in war and also examples of war for the sake of love, or at least for the greater good - but it's a razors edge for people who have to make that decision.

A lot of men died in the past to preserve the relative freedom's which we now experience. Can we say that there was no love in this on their part?
FWIW, I think this is a profound point. Thank you for contributing it.

A lot of warfare has very little, or nothing to do with love, but I believe there are still examples of love to be found in war and also examples of war for the sake of love, or at least for the greater good - but it's a razors edge for people who have to make that decision.

A lot of men died in the past to preserve the relative freedom's which we now experience. Can we say that there was no love in this on their part?

... Neemai

Nah... No love in war. :) Go to a battlefield sometime get your hands on experience... Then come with your philosphy. In the middle of it, you'll most likley forget why you are there or why you're even fighting :eek: Just seems like "random" chaos. :)

I could try and take a hollywood movie look at the death of soldiers... But, They were killed out of hate, and they too, killed out of hate.. Or, some (I know a few) See it as sport/fun... To shoot another human. Just come to a point where I have found any violence and killing to be of a negative nature no good, No good comes from it...

Even now, I would refuse to soldier if my country called upon me... I'd rather face imprisionment.

Cheers Juantoo - thanks for the welcome. :)

I'm taking you're reply as being a bit 'tongue in cheek', 17th? lol :D
Have you had much in the way of battlefield experience?

... Neemai

Which remark?

Yes I have had experience.

Sorry 17th, I thought from the general tone of your thread that you were joking around a bit. You've been out to war for real at some point in time?

I was thinking of my Grandad, and how he was after he came back from fighting in the desert for 3-4 years. He genuinely joined-up because he felt it was the right thing to do, and I think a lot of others in his generation felt the same way (WWII). A lot of modern warfare is highly politicised in my opinon - not the same as a war for more straightforward defensive purposes?

... Neemai

I have never been apart of something as big as a world war lol.... (only in my mid twenties.) But I have been in war zones, battles and skirmishes..... :\

Neemai, I get told that alot, I do tend to mess around alot... And people say it is hard to tell when I am joking and when I am not... With out the use of my vocal tones, text can be harder to understand, appologies for that, I am sure you will get used to it though... ;)

I can see what you mean about there being some effect of love, but I find it personally hard to see the love....

Leo, you may think you "follow no manmade doctrine", but you are just repeating what other humans have said to you.

Kindest Regards, Angel and Neemai!
I have never been apart of something as big as a world war lol.... (only in my mid twenties.) But I have been in war zones, battles and skirmishes..... :\

I can see what you mean about there being some effect of love, but I find it personally hard to see the love....
Ah, dare I refer to war in the philosophical sense?

Love can be hard to see, I am sure, by those troops "in the trenches" and "in the moment." I can't help but feel they may well be thinking something like "what in the hell am I doing here?" If they have the privilege of thinking at all. From what I have been told by some that have been there, mostly it is animal reaction and gut instinct.

Still, Neemai's point is valid in the sense that it is out of love that many (most?) go forth to begin with. Whether love of country, love of valor, or love of family. Without such love, personally I would have no reason to go forth. Yes, it is a quandary, that we must be willing to kill other humans, other brothers, in order to defend or support our own kith and kin. But it is love that serves as a motivator.

That kind of obligation is hard to repay. I cannot express enough my gratitude to those who hold this kind of love for me and mine. That includes you, Angel. You have my sincere thanks for your service.

Love can make people do strange things. War is perhaps the strangest of all.

Love can make people do strange things. War is perhaps the strangest of all.

Sorry must be getting your words, mixed up again... I think you were looking for greed... Green can make people do some "strange" things, if you wish to describe a war as strange.... Or maybe it isn't just greed maybe it is a sense of some false self righteousness..... self importance.... Heh.... I guess I am just looking at the world through troubled eyes.

I did it for the money.... I couldn't care less about my country. Call it England, call it Russia, Spain, call it whatever... It means nothing to me. Only the money mattered.... Blood on your hands, for money lol..... It quite... disturbing really, to see how far someone will go. See I hear all of this love and such... But I have never seen that... Out of every soldier I have known, none have been there truly for "Queen and country" they have been their for the (on of the below or more than one.)

The money
The buzz, the action
The chance to use weapons and kill something.
Such a low education (to be a frontline target, your educational qualifications are not that demanding.) that there wasn't really much else to offer Those kicked out of school(me), those who could be assed to attend school and those with low grades ..... Hmm let's see... I can be a rubbish disposal man... A delivery driver.... Some work monkey in a factory... Oh wait what's this? An infantry solider? I'm listening.....

love for your country.... *snickers*

No, but I know lots of people who speak very much like you.
well, if you don't mind bob, can you please fill me in on how i speak? in case you didn't know, man has many ways of speaking. as a matter of fact, an infinate amount of ways, so generalities are very childlike and don't tend to follow the coc of sharing information in a civilized manner. heck, if you like, we can even pm each other! but, by all means, do tell how i speak.:rolleyes::)

Back