How many sparrows?

C

cyberpi

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear you not therefore, you are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:6-7 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows.

How many sparrows is a person worth? I guess my mind is split between global warming, religion, and politics... I'd like to make a freeway billboard: "Have you planted an air conditioner today?" Or maybe a sparrow and a dove that asks, "Well, how many seeds did you plant?" I'm inspired by billboards as I saw one that I liked this week... "If you find a person without a smile, then give them yours."

Ok this is sure to be a short thread... I just didn't want to read any threads and actually get involved to find a place to insert my idle thoughts. So I'll try to focus now and ask my question: Can the math be done? How many sparrows is a person worth?

I cant answer the question because all I can think is that we arent worth much at all.. God decided we are worth numbering the hairs on our head and that if He knows when each sparrow falls to the earth He certainly knows every intimate detail of our lives.

I just need to add that I despair of posting here anymore. Its spiritually draining to me. Noone sincerely wants to discuss this faith they want to scoff and jeer and make stupid posts trying to turn my God into a tyrant and a hate monger. I really dont know how much longer I can hold out but Im trying. The rest of the posts are over the differences between people of this faith.. when I pray we can all come together under Jesus Christ... because thats all that matters in the end.

Oh well.

Thank you again cyberpi... I do appreciate your idle thoughts btw.

Noone sincerely wants to discuss this faith they want to scoff and jeer and make stupid posts trying to turn my God into a tyrant and a hate monger....The rest of the posts are over the differences between people of this faith.. when I pray we can all come together under Jesus Christ... because thats all that matters in the end. ...
Namaste Faithful Servant,

I hear your frustration but don't understand your words. I cannot fathom how anyone can turn G!d into anything other than what G!d is. Folks may perceive spirit differently but that is not about you or G!d, but about them.

And yes there are many discussions revolving about differences in Christian beliefs...do you think that comes because we are tolerant or intolerant? Many denominations preach that they are the only ones walking in Christ's footsteps, they are the only ones with the correct interpretation of the bible. What can you and I do to improve that...ie less derisive and separatist behavior and more admiring where we agree?

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear you not therefore, you are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:6-7 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows.

So I'll try to focus now and ask my question: Can the math be done? How many sparrows is a person worth?
Namaste Cyberpi,

First glance "Oh, See yet another biblical inaccuracy...caught em again."

Second glance, 2 for a dollar, 5 for $2, 10 for $3....looks like a quantity discount to me...

If you buy them two at a time they are 1/2 farthing each....but if you buy them 5 at a time the price drops by 20%....

I can't tell you the price of a sparrow unless you tell me how many sparrows you want....if you want one your gonna pay retail, get a gross of them and I can make you a deal.

Now a person was worth thirty pieces of silver...the going rate...and of course it is negotiable....

But I think it was really an indication that G!d thought a person is invaluable, of infinite value...

How many sparrows is a person worth? I guess my mind is split between global warming, religion, and politics... I'd like to make a freeway billboard: "Have you planted an air conditioner today?" Or maybe a sparrow and a dove that asks, "Well, how many seeds did you plant?" I'm inspired by billboards as I saw one that I liked this week... "If you find a person without a smile, then give them yours."

Ok this is sure to be a short thread... I just didn't want to read any threads and actually get involved to find a place to insert my idle thoughts. So I'll try to focus now and ask my question: Can the math be done? How many sparrows is a person worth?

1 Corinthians 6:29 states "for God bought you with a high price." What price was that? The precious blood of Jesus, God's only son. We are worth so much to God that He sacrificed, and punished himself, his only Son, in our place so that we can go to be with Him, instead of being sent to the fate we richly deserve.

According to the Bible..."many sparrows"...

1 Corinthians 6:29 states "for God bought you with a high price." What price was that? The precious blood of Jesus, God's only son. We are worth so much to God that He sacrificed, and punished himself, his only Son, in our place so that we can go to be with Him, instead of being sent to the fate we richly deserve.

I guess that means we are worth the life of God...? Sure seems that way to me. Kinda humbling isn't it...

I mean "Greater love hath no man than he who would lay his life down for his friends"

Except Jesus laid His life down for friend and foe alike...

Depending on whether it's African or domestic sparrows and the average body weight of a hummingbird per a particular geographic locale.

Chris

Would the worth in hummingbirds take into account whether they actually knew the words or not?

You'd have to record them and then play back at a much slower speed to see if they actually know the words.

"Big old jet had a light on..."

Chris

Noone sincerely wants to discuss this faith they want to scoff and jeer and make stupid posts trying to turn my God into a tyrant and a hate monger.
Image. That is what comes to mind. The image of a person in someone else's mind will be eaten by maggots or by the elements in the same way that everything else has, so until the day that we each hopefully get to see and read this entire book, why worry about the image? The image is just an image... murky and warped at best. Most of the projection and the image will be burried, dismembered, or up for auction within this century.

I guess my point is... if God and Jesus are not too worried about their image then I wonder if I should be for them. They know the score... better than I do. Knowing that the record has been kept (every hair, every thought...), is kind of a relief to me... when you know that the image does not match the inner reality then there is a deep inner peace knowing that the image is beneath whatever made the image. Whoever made the image is known somewhere in spirit... but here it is eventually all maggot food.

I consider image kind of like homework. I cared what was on the paper so that I could learn from it, but I never really kept the paper beyond a year... the piece of paper was just an image of what I really learned. For the record I've lived more years after college than before... in this lifetime... but I think of life as one giant school.

First glance "Oh, See yet another biblical inaccuracy...caught em again."
Not intended.

Second glance, 2 for a dollar, 5 for $2, 10 for $3....looks like a quantity discount to me...
Interesting... never considered it. But the gospel reports the stray one is more valuable, right? Except for on CR where the allegedly strayest one is banned.

Now a person was worth thirty pieces of silver...the going rate...and of course it is negotiable....
Do you think there is a difference between pimping self in employment versus pimping someone else for the booty? I'm speaking non-specifically... as an engineer I essentially pimp my brain and education.

But I think it was really an indication that G!d thought a person is invaluable, of infinite value...
Ok this is why I replied... my value in this lifetime is finite.

1 Corinthians 6:20... and yet how do you explain:
John 21:19 This spoke he, signifying by what death he should glorify God...

I guess with what I said of image... I don't wish to demean those who defend an image, glorify God, or struggle to pass on a message or believed truth. I encourage it. What I meant is that I consider the person who writes a book, and the person who reads a book, to be more important than the book itself. I consider the same for any post and poster on CR no matter how allegedly vile the post.

I wonder if the original question should be in a modern context:
How many posts is a person worth?
How many computers is a person worth?
How many industrial robots is a person worth?
How many goofy pieces of filthy wrinkled paper with dead government leaders imaged on them... is a person worth?

Image. That is what comes to mind. The image of a person in someone else's mind will be eaten by maggots or by the elements in the same way that everything else has, so until the day that we each hopefully get to see and read this entire book, why worry about the image? The image is just an image... murky and warped at best. Most of the projection and the image will be burried, dismembered, or up for auction within this century.

I guess my point is... if God and Jesus are not too worried about their image then I wonder if I should be for them. They know the score... better than I do. Knowing that the record has been kept (every hair, every thought...), is kind of a relief to me... when you know that the image does not match the inner reality then there is a deep inner peace knowing that the image is beneath whatever made the image. Whoever made the image is known somewhere in spirit... but here it is eventually all maggot food.

I consider image kind of like homework. I cared what was on the paper so that I could learn from it, but I never really kept the paper beyond a year... the piece of paper was just an image of what I really learned. For the record I've lived more years after college than before... in this lifetime... but I think of life as one giant school.

your image may be murky...mine is not. And I suspect neither is Faithful servant's...

So the only lonely soul here appears to be...you! :eek:

Just because you hate God, doesn't mean the rest of us do Cy...

Back