Wrong Path?

Discussion in 'Comparative Studies' started by Muslimwoman, Aug 12, 2007.

1. greymare

greymare New Member

If an angel appeared to me and told meI was on the wrong path..... Id probably sh-t myself first. lol. I'd like to think I'd follow his/her advice but knowing me I'd want some proof and then I'd question his authority and where he/she actually came from and who was his/her boss. By that time I'd probably be out of time and then I'd have all the answers i"d need. thats knowing my luck, anyway. love the grey

2. Neemai

Neemai that's my Boss in the pic

Hi Dauer,

It is about "bhakti" specifically, the Sanskrit is:

bhaktya -- by devotional service; tu -- but; ananyaya -- [pure] without being mixed with fruitive activities or speculative knowledge;

So pure devotion (to God) without any other motivation, which I personally see as a universal concept, not applying to any one specific tradition (although it doesn't sit well with pure-monist philosophies).

... Neemai :)

3. Muslimwoman

Muslimwoman Coexistence insha'Allah

I eat rather a lot of pomegranates in Egypt but have yet to see an angel, so shall have to find out if mandrake root is available. :p;) Thank you for the info Flow.

Always a great attitude Wil. Sorry I am not allowed to frolic but books and the sun, I am there.

Nearly wet myself laughing, to be honest I think I would probably have bowel difficulties, once the faint was over of course. I have often lain in the dark thinking please G-d let me see an angel or spirit and a voice in the back of my head is screaming 'it's ok, just her ignore her, we don't really want to see one honest but thanks all the same.

4. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

I think we've all been there.

5. Muslimwoman

Muslimwoman Coexistence insha'Allah

But have you seen one and if you did what you do?

6. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

However, even if we or an ANGEL out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.
    GALATIONS 1;8-9

only the Goodnews is good enough :)FOR MEE:)

7. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

Sorry Sal! Didn't see this.... No I didn't see anything.... Because the question doesn't matter.

Besides even if you did.... It proves nothing :) (think about that one for a moment before posting lol)