Wrong Path?

If an angel appeared to me and told meI was on the wrong path..... Id probably sh-t myself first. lol. I'd like to think I'd follow his/her advice but knowing me I'd want some proof and then I'd question his authority and where he/she actually came from and who was his/her boss. By that time I'd probably be out of time and then I'd have all the answers i"d need. thats knowing my luck, anyway. love the grey

Neemai,

is that talking about bhakti as the best approach? Trying not to forget the terms I learned when I read Sri Aurobindo, but want to make sure I understand them correctly.

Hi Dauer,

It is about "bhakti" specifically, the Sanskrit is:

bhaktya -- by devotional service; tu -- but; ananyaya -- [pure] without being mixed with fruitive activities or speculative knowledge;

So pure devotion (to God) without any other motivation, which I personally see as a universal concept, not applying to any one specific tradition (although it doesn't sit well with pure-monist philosophies).

... Neemai :)

There were three special food items associated with the ancient Hebrews' priesthood...shewbread, which was braided and circular in form, like challah, and had a prominent place on the table in the holy of holies; the pomegranate...which many surmise had symbolic significance with regard to the concept of fecundity; and, mandrake root which may have had hallucinogenic properties under certain circumstances of preparation. That's all I've retained over the years about it.;)

I eat rather a lot of pomegranates in Egypt but have yet to see an angel, so shall have to find out if mandrake root is available. :p;) Thank you for the info Flow.

we'd dig into the books, and frolic in the sun and see if I got another nudge...one that lead me forward or aside...

Always a great attitude Wil. Sorry I am not allowed to frolic but books and the sun, I am there.

If an angel appeared to me and told meI was on the wrong path..... Id probably sh-t myself first.

Nearly wet myself laughing, to be honest I think I would probably have bowel difficulties, once the faint was over of course. I have often lain in the dark thinking please G-d let me see an angel or spirit and a voice in the back of my head is screaming 'it's ok, just her ignore her, we don't really want to see one honest but thanks all the same.

This is meant to be light hearted so I hope nobody will take offense.

If an angel/spirit or whatever you believe in turned up today and said to you "you are on the wrong path, choose a different one", which new path would you choose?

If you have a faith, would you convert to a different faith, if yes which?
If you have no faith, would you choose a current faith?

Opinions/comments please.

Salaam
MW

However, even if we or an ANGEL out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.
GALATIONS 1;8-9

only the Goodnews is good enough :)FOR MEE:)

Back