Wrong Path?

Discussion in 'Comparative Studies' started by Muslimwoman, Aug 12, 2007.

1. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

AHHH there was a story.. I should pay attention to what I am doing really...

I would laugh in the spirit/angels face and say "well DERRR You'd know... Tell me the right path... And I'll consider it."

2. Muslimwoman

Muslimwoman Coexistence insha'Allah

LMAO. I did think about that answer when I wrote the question but of course that would be fast tracking and I'm not sure G-d does a fast track option.

3. 17th Angel

I give you pen and paper..... I want you to draw me a clown... Because a clown would make me chuckle, I would be happy.... I say to you however... Draw me the one thing right at this moment that would make me happy! I don't tell you what it is... But I get upset when you draw the wrong thing..... Upset so much I fathom a place in my dreams to torment you, we'll call it hell for argument sake..

You can see I am upset by what you have drawn, and can see there is only one specific thing that can solve this.... So wouldn't you just ask what I wanted drawn? And If I didn't tell you, ain't I just an ass?

4. Muslimwoman

I can't argue with your logic at all 17th. I feel that G-d has told us very specifically what He wants (and it ain't that complicated) but people then feel the need to 'spice' it up and add bits and twist bits and make it as complicated as possible to ensure they are not mistaken for the 'other gang'.

5. 17th Angel

Which god?

6. Muslimwoman

la ilaha illallah (there is no G-d only Allah (G-d)). ;):D

7. 17th Angel

Yeah but, that's what he says right? Like Jehovah says there is no other godd but him, and so on and so forth... So you can see even with a "right path" option being available to everyone, there are so many that say this is the right path and this is what god wants.... But without god himself coming downstairs and telling you to your face this is this and that is that.... You cannot be 100% you are right, and it's just crazy! lol... Cause you just will never know till your six foot under.

8. Muslimwoman

I couldn't agree more, hence my stance that all or no religion may be right, because until we stand before G-d and He tells us the difference between us, we are just guessing and being arrogant if we claim to know the truth above all others. This is why I love the declaration I quoted in my previous post, it simply says there is no G-d but G-d, it leaves the door open to all sorts of possibilities. The fact that I call Him Allah and someone else calls Him by another name does not make Him different G-ds, it just means we call Him by different names.

9. 17th Angel

I like to imagine him as a childhood version of myself, but only with a beard.

10. Muslimwoman

I imagine He has a very childlike quality, innocence is generally childlike is it not? He probably has a little impish streak too and I should think you were a little imp. ;)

11. 17th Angel

Children see the world with a better light most the time. :D

12. Muslimwoman

Yep, just a shame we keep knackering the place for them.

13. 17th Angel

Not only their enviroment, but their minds! :\ We corrupt them as we corrupt our surrondings.

14. Snoopy

Snoopy Active Member

Oh those lovely tautologies :p

Introduction To Activistic Atheism

Can you pierce into the heart of your fear, to find its ultimate cause?

s.

15. Neemai

Neemai that's my Boss in the pic

It's the love that matters in my book, not the path.

"The form [of God] you are seeing with your transcendental eyes cannot be understood simply by studying scriptures, nor by undergoing serious penances, nor by charity, nor by worship. It is not by these means that one can see Me as I am.

My dear Arjuna, only by undivided devotional service can I be understood as I am, standing before you, and can thus be seen directly. Only in this way can you enter into the mysteries of My understanding."

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

- from Bhagavad-Gita, Chapters 11 & 18

... Neemai :)

16. dauer

dauer New Member

Neemai,

is that talking about bhakti as the best approach? Trying not to forget the terms I learned when I read Sri Aurobindo, but want to make sure I understand them correctly.

17. Eudaimonist

Eudaimonist In Galt We Trust

Without further knowledge about what invalidated my current path, I would have no basis for choosing a new one.

eudaimonia,

Mark

18. earl

earl ?

Actually there's a new TV show on American TV that is sort of based on this issue-"Saving Grace-" airs @ 9 pm central time Mondays. The angel showing up for the main character, Grace, is my kind of angel-goes by the name of Earl.:D Resembles me in other ways-about my age and build-a bit portly, a bit slovenly, universalistic, enjoys a good "chaw," (don't do chew but a pipe's my thing). Now when they finally show him enjoying happy hour I'll really relate. Amusing and yet a bit thought-provoking program. earl

19. flowperson

flowperson Oannes

Dauer and MW...with regard to your conversation above about "special" foods.

There were three special food items associated with the ancient Hebrews' priesthood...shewbread, which was braided and circular in form, like challah, and had a prominent place on the table in the holy of holies; the pomegranate...which many surmise had symbolic significance with regard to the concept of fecundity; and, mandrake root which may have had hallucinogenic properties under certain circumstances of preparation. That's all I've retained over the years about it.

flow....;)

20. wil

wil UNeyeR1

If'n I conjured up an angel to redirect my path, the conjured angel would lead the way....

If'n G!d provided said angel, I'd expect the same..

If'n I was given the proverbial nudge, an involuntary extraterrestrial inner indication that the direction I was following was not the main path but a cleverly disguised detour...

and if'n I was forced to choose...

I'd grab hold of the hand of one of my friends here and skip down the road a while with them... we'd dig into the books, and frolic in the sun and see if I got another nudge...one that lead me forward or aside...

Seems to me, currently
    Any nudge would lead inwardly