God is with form or without form?

Taijasi,

We need to add that the pre-Noah giants you mention are documented in the Bible.

“There were giants in the earth in those days....” (Genesis 6:4)

“And there we saw the giants....” (Numbers 13:33)

“Which also were accounted giants....” (Deuteronomy 2:11)

“For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants....” (Deuteronomy 3:11)

Here are some photos of statues of giants from those times.

Buddhas of Bamiyan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is said that these statues of biblical giants are life-size. (Take a look at the fifth picture from the top.)

Nick. Thanks for the Theosophy info. I keep meaning to delve more into this philosophy! There is a lot to it that I find, if not exactly, closely corresponding to my beliefs. For example what you call the 'astral' body I would refer to as the energetic body. I.E. that part of us is pure energy rather than solid matter.

On the other hand! To Taij. There is no physical evidence of any kind to suggest that humans were ever super sized. By physical evidence, I mean human remains.

Taijasi,

We need to add that the pre-Noah giants you mention are documented in the Bible.

“There were giants in the earth in those days....” (Genesis 6:4)

“And there we saw the giants....” (Numbers 13:33)

“Which also were accounted giants....” (Deuteronomy 2:11)

“For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants....” (Deuteronomy 3:11)

Here are some photos of statues of giants from those times.

Buddhas of Bamiyan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is said that these statues of biblical giants are life-size. (Take a look at the fifth picture from the top.)
giants are heavenly beings

Research skeletal remains of giants ... and you will find more photos than you can shake a stick at, on the web. Also research Atacama humanoid, which Dr. Steven Greer had DNA-tested by Garry Nolan at Stanford (as I recall). The latter find is the one verified ... and the Atacama humanoid is only about a foot tall. Almost certainly, it is PHYSICAL PROOF of other civilizations having visited ours (a slightly different topic). But the proof of giants - and yes, donnann, I mean PHYSICAL giants?

Good luck. Archaeology has skirted this issue as successfully as they have avoided the PROOF of water erosion damage on the Sphinx, proving that such a monument is older than 13000 years (technically it, as well as the Giza Pyramids are older than 200,000 years, as even Egypt's own Denderah Zodiac dates more than three cycles of the Greater Zodiac, which means more than 76,000 years).

Do not expect to find confirmation of esoteric science using exoteric dating or means, or chronologies, since these are all TERRIBLY flawed - as are the minds and assumptions of most of those practicing. An example is the dating methodologies used ... such as radio carbon dating, although astronomy/physics are both extremely jaded in general, and thus their findings echo those of archaeology and anthropology. You see, the assumptions and conclusions have already been made, and thus they do not, they cannot, fit the facts.

Our own Solar System may well have an age of many trillions of years. Nick can give a figure more readily than I can. But not a one of you, here, can disprove it - any more than I can prove it. The rest of the research, such as that which dates the Sphinx and Pyramids to hundreds of thousands of years, WILL be proven - and soon enough. But we must approach the Truth one step at a time, and few there are, alive today, who have the capacity to see the `next level' of awareness on these issues, requiring *several steps* be taken ... rather than one step at a time, as the rest of us must proceed.

Yes, there were PHYSICAL GIANTS, and yes, Lemurian man was perhaps SIXTY FEET TALL, as the excerpt I shared tells us. Thirty feet is given as the size for Atlanteans. Yes, there WILL BE proof of this, and soon enough ... for all to see, without possibility of question or continued cover-up. But remember, folks, there are ET cadavers still kept on ice, from the Roswell crashes ... and do YOU know about it? Have YOU ever seen one?

Don't bother asking me how I know. Do the research. Do it, as I have done, and you, also - will either KNOW (not believe, but KNOW) ... or else you will be, or will remain - in denial. Many are in denial, but few of these have actually done the research. Ask Garry Nolan of Stanford what he `believes' ... having run the findings through a DNA testing program. Or better yet, watch and READ the results, for yourself. Listen CAREFULLY to the test results, to the explanation of the SOFTWARE which was human-designed, as we do not exactly have a GOOD, SOLID TESTBED of existing, ALIEN DNA to compare the Atacama Humanoid with ... lol.

Then tell me that YOU, whoever YOU happen to be, are an EXPERT on these matters, since after all - YOU have had all the best benefit of expert TRAINING, and degree-seeking on such matters ... including HOW much time `in the field,' examining Earth's own early Hominids? How many other ET cadavers, or living beings, of whatever height have you met? And how many subterranean caverns have you visited, containing LARGE SKELETAL REMAINS of sixty feet tall Lemurian Humanity, or Atlantean *technology* - including what some call Vimanas, fully functional, at least in Earth's own atmosphere, without internal combustion - etc., etc. (?)

There are those - living in the late 19th Century, and probably during other eras - who HAVE SEEN ... both the Vimanas, and other Atlantean artifacts, and yes, PROOF of the giant hominids, whether at Bamian or elsewhere. And yes, THEY have testified as to what they have seen, just as NO RATIONAL PERSON can deny that Earth has been visited for seven decades in the very least by multiple species of intelligent, non-terrestrial beings (some in ET `craft' ... others, apparently trans-dimensional in such a way that no craft were needed). Again, either you know such things, you suspect them, or you remain unaware - if not in utter denial. And strangely, people DO hold strong opinions regarding what they cannot defend, and what they certainly cannot prove. My own take on it, is that I believe it is FEAR which holds most folks back. But, as we will learn, in most cases this is unfounded. Nevertheless ...

Your difficulty arises, 99.9% of it anyway, because of your assumptions. You have too many a priori's. Each of these limits what you can, or will discover. I suggest tossing those out. Do not throw out the baby with the bathwater; just stop thinking that you know how things are, because of X. Yes, most of the time, I assure you - X will turn out to be your mistake.

All that I have said is true, as far as I know it. But the difference between me - and most of you - is that I do not need to SEE in order to `believe.' And yes, actually ... that's what allows me - next - to KNOW things. True. It won't make much sense at all to most folks who read this. And I'm sure you think I'm being arrogant, irrational or absurd. Keep thinking that, if it's the only thing you can come up with ...

With our thoughts we make the world. I'm sure Buddha was just working on a nice, feel-good sentiment with that one. Right? :rolleyes:

Good luck. But think about what I have said. Even donnann, who is often the most open-minded among folks posting here, is wrong on this one. Yes, they [Lemurian & Atlantean Humanity] were PHYSICAL. And HUGE ... truly cyclopean by our standards. That's a word I use on Purpose! ;)

Well Taij you keep saying there will be proof of your giants soon enough. Which would be very cool because there certainly is no verifiable, undeniable, modern proof of giant humans today. Most of the famous pictures of finding skeletons of giant humans have been found to be Photoshop fakes. Where the remains of some giant prehistoric animal are photographed then a giant human skull added to the photo.

The concept that science has created a conspiracy to cover up such proof is absurd. Governments doing cover ups? I'd believe that. But science? No. Not that it has never happened, because it has. But the conspiracy you are suggesting is that almost all the scientists on the planet would have to be in on such a cover up for it to have its intended effect of keeping the reality of these remains hidden.

Then there is the why. Why would scientists cover up that these remains exist? Because of a fear it would disprove evolution? There have been many scientific alternatives to evolution over the decades. None of them were ever covered up. The evidence for an alternate theory is analyzed, and if it is found insufficient it is simply claimed to be false. Science may dismiss theories, but they rarely try to cover them up.

Then there is the significant problem of what is called the square-cube law. Which is a science about how animals came by their form and function. A giant sized human could not have the proportions of a normal human because for that huge size the skeletal structure would not be strong enough to support all the weight. Just doubling the height of a norman human would create a being with 8 times the mass of our norman human. 8 times as heavy just by doubling the height! Such a human would have to have bones the thickness of elephants to hold them up. You do that and you no longer have a creature that is human looking any longer.

Finally it is somewhat insulting to suggest someone who disagrees with you must be in denial. Or not willing to look at the evidence subjectively. Please. I look at the evidence and find out most all of it is false. I am disagreeing because I have looked at the evidence, not because I am too boneheaded to see it your way.

Site that shows that the pictures are faked.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

Science that explains the square-cube law in greater detail.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070408...mic/classes/zy/0301/Topic4/Topic4.html#square

As I see it, God is formless - anything having a form is finite by implication. (Think about that, please)
form = limited and finite (even the diamond). Also god is not interested in human affairs - naughty or nice, he left that job to Santa :)
Just my 2 cents...

God is absolutely without form. (Deut. 4:15-18) According to Jesus himself God is Spirit, and that the only way to relate to Him is in a spiritual manner. (John 4:24) Form is found in matter; and God is immaterial. Incorporeal, so to speak. The result of thinking of God as having form is anthropomorphism, which borders on idolatry.
Ben

I agree, and this is the Baha'i view of God. Part of the problem is individual religions and church differ in how they define God with and without form (ego), and these contradictions reflect the human view of God, and negate the universal nature of God and God's relationship with humanity and all of Creation indifferent to the vain beliefs of the different religions and churches. This is the Baha'i view.

I cannot accept the existence of a God with different forms, and the action of bowing down produces a great amount of resistance inside of me.

I cannot accept the existence of a God with different forms, and the action of bowing down produces a great amount of resistance inside of me.
Well, as to the bowing part, in Tibetan Buddhism there is the long venerated practice of ngondro which utilizes prostration, about 10,000 per day if memory is correct. Used to soften up the ego/self dontcha know. Not that I'd do much of that now given the age of my joints.:p

Well, as to the bowing part, in Tibetan Buddhism there is the long venerated practice of ngondro which utilizes prostration, about 10,000 per day if memory is correct. Used to soften up the ego/self dontcha know. Not that I'd do much of that now given the age of my joints.:p

I see. Well thank you for that and I respect your side. :)

Back