Not so new

cavalier

Reaction score
Hey

Obviously I'm not a new member, but I have spent some time away and I had thought that I wouldn't be comming back.
I joined the site more than a year ago and my intention was to ask questions, and to learn from all the wise and helpful people here. Somewhere along the line though, my motivations for posting changed, I guess it was pride. Instead of wanting to learn, I wanted to show how much I knew and wanted others to think how wise I was. Hard to do when you don't know that much, and try to speak in a voice that's not your own.
Recently, I have been caused to think again about all matters spiritual. I'm reading and meditating again, trying to live in the right way. I come back to CR firstly to learn, but also because I need a community of believers/practitioners who I can talk to and share with.
It's more than possible that I will lose track again and let pride rule my posting, if any of you notice this please just give me a kick under the table.

Thanks
Andy

Welcome back cavalier, perhaps we all have something to learn from your very honest post.

Hey Andy! Welcome back! Some of us have decided we don't know jack sh** and kind of like it that way. Please feel free to join us in our ignorant bliss!:)

Chris

Hi Cav !

As far as I'm concerned you never left. I have many memories of the excellent discussions that we shared, and anticipate many more in the future. Like Chris...I'm still hanging out here pursuing my bliss also ! So good to have you here again.

I thought that when G-d had the "whole world in his hand" it was a blue marble, not a gold ball...unless of course one works on Wall St. and his name is Gordon Gecko.

flow....:p

We've got rid of the .sig files but if we had'em I think mine would say....this is my understanding or what I think I understand today, but tomorrow I may have a new understanding....

you think anyone would understand?

Hey

Obviously I'm not a new member, but I have spent some time away and I had thought that I wouldn't be comming back.
I joined the site more than a year ago and my intention was to ask questions, and to learn from all the wise and helpful people here. Somewhere along the line though, my motivations for posting changed, I guess it was pride. Instead of wanting to learn, I wanted to show how much I knew and wanted others to think how wise I was. Hard to do when you don't know that much, and try to speak in a voice that's not your own.
Recently, I have been caused to think again about all matters spiritual. I'm reading and meditating again, trying to live in the right way. I come back to CR firstly to learn, but also because I need a community of believers/practitioners who I can talk to and share with.
It's more than possible that I will lose track again and let pride rule my posting, if any of you notice this please just give me a kick under the table.

Thanks
Andy

First and foremost... lol Freaking funny avatar.... It's the spoon bender! With that said;

Don't lose your pride! :\ Pride is important and a good thing... *nods* Have to show pride/confidence in yourself and what you are about.... :/ To take pride in what you do, is to put effort in, your wanting a good name, your wanting to be successful and such... That's good.. Although you mentioned not your voice talking/typing? That I'd say is wrong however, if you do not use your own views/opinions and voice what is the point? You are you that is amazing enough... (oh here comes a big fat freaking ladel of pride for ya.)

You say you wished to be wise? And then you say "I don't know that much" Those are pretty wise words if you ask me hombre....

Thanks Francis, wil, and 17th.

Yeah taking pride in your actions is a good thing, maybe I should have used "vanity" in my OP. Vanity is never a good thing.

"Vanity Kevin, definitely my favorite sin."

Hi Uri and welcome back. I tried to leave CR but it's not permitted, a bit like Hotel California, or the Secret Service, or that Patrick McGoohan thing The Prisoner.

:eek::eek::eek:

Snoopy.

Hi Uri and welcome back. I tried to leave CR but it's not permitted, a bit like Hotel California, or the Secret Service, or that Patrick McGoohan thing The Prisoner.

:eek::eek::eek:

Snoopy.
Not so.... one is permitted to leave.. however when one states readiness to leave the wagons are circled and one is encouraged to stay...

Ya'll are not alone. I know nothing, also! Kudos!!

Not so.... one is permitted to leave.. however when one states readiness to leave the wagons are circled and one is encouraged to stay...

Now don't go giving him ideas. I managed to convince him he needs permission slips from every member, signed in triplicate, on recycled pink paper, with 3 headed lions embossed on the paper and when he hands them in to Brian he has to have one eyebrow shaved off and the other one dyed green. Not sure if he fell for it but he did ask where he could buy green hair dye. :p

Back