True Sacrifice

E

Eclectic Mystic

Does True Sacrifice involve a net loss? I suppose the meaning of "net loss" is interpreted individually, but in financial accounting, according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Standards, a "Net Loss" is a loss which occurs in the very end; that is, after all things are accounted for. To illustrate, a standard income statement looks like this:

Sales revenue
- Cost of goods sold
-------------------
Gross Gain/Loss

- Other transactions
-------------------
Net Gain/Loss

Does True Sacrifice involve a net loss? I suppose the meaning of "net loss" is interpreted individually, but in financial accounting, according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Standards, a "Net Loss" is a loss which occurs in the very end; that is, after all things are accounted for. To illustrate, a standard income statement looks like this:

Sales revenue
- Cost of goods sold
-------------------
Gross Gain/Loss

- Other transactions
-------------------
Net Gain/Loss

Depends on what is "loss" How can one lose what they never had, to begin with?

Jesus rose from the dead. I thought the crusifiction was a passing event and less important than this (relatively).

depends on one's point of view concerning "death". To Christians, this means everything. To you, it might not mean much.

But should you accept Christ, your eyes will open and I suspect you will cry like the rest of us, at the sacrifice made for us.

just a thought.

v/r

Q

I understand your question, but I don't understand its context with this topic.

Please forgive me. I was never good at Algebra either. I always had the right answer, but never showed the steps getting there. Hence I got an F in math class...

But the answer was still right...

I'm not about to argue semantics. In Christian forums, one should consider the mind set, before assuming...

v/r

Q

Hi Eclectic Mystic,

>Does True Sacrifice involve a net loss?

By "true" do you mean in the cause of Love?- because that is the key.

It is like this: we have two glasses- one filled with water. We pour water from one glass into the other; but surprise, surprise we have more instead of less in the glass we poured from. That is how it is with Love.

We don't sacrifice just for the hell of it, though. You wouldn't want to give your life's blood to a demon, for instance.

-Br.Bruce

True Sacrifice is an accepted loss. But only if it is rendered valuable to the one to whom it is sacrificed.

Mark 10:28-31
28Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"

29"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last first."​

By sacrificing having your own family in order to follow the path of Jesus and spread the Gospel, you will be welcomed as family in hundreds of homes in this life.

Does True Sacrifice involve a net loss?

As Quahom says . . . don't be fooled by the semantics. To me, nothing was lost. The "sacrifice" was made in the knowledge that the cause one stood for, ultimately would not be lost.

I suppose then that there might have been a loss locally (in a temporal sense) in a particular time-frame. But in the "global cosmos" this was an opportunity for some really special people. Sacrifice doesn't imply "net loss" but often "loss for a greater cause."

Sales revenue
- Cost of goods sold
-------------------
Gross Gain/Loss

- Other transactions
-------------------
Net Gain/Loss

The other souls deserve love in a limited way only controlled by the rules of justice. But the Lord deserves unconditional love and kindness for His devotee. If you realize the truth by taking away the layer of ignorance acting as a stage of this divine drama, you will be surprised to know that anything sacrificed for the sake of God was given to you by God only. He gave something to you and forgot that the some thing belongs to Him. He covered you also with His delusion (Maya) so that you will think that this something belongs to you only. Now the drama of sacrifice is enacted over the stage of this layer of ignorance by which both God and devotee forget the basic truth.

Now when the soul sacrifices the something to God, both God and soul enjoy the sweet love of sacrifice based on the concept of donor and acceptor. Realized scholars pierce through the stage of ignorance and find out the truth that the something belongs to the Lord only and the whole drama is just for enjoyment of the sweet love of devotion between God and devotee. If you compare God with the other souls who love you just for sacrifice of something which belongs to you only( in the relative sense ) and that their love on you is only for their selfish happiness only, you can realize the difference between God and your beloved souls and deservingness of God to your boundless love.

I'm bumping this thread in light of the holiday of the resurrection. Is it not true that foresight of the ultimate overcoming of all transgressions makes forgiveness a natural consequence?

Well as a matter of fact the model is not meant to be seen as the end all. Its a means of communication for those who are willing share expressions with me. What exactly is the intent of your post?

Sales revenue
- Cost of goods sold
-------------------
Gross Gain/Loss

- Other transactions
-------------------
Net Gain/Loss
True sacrifice? It's sending your son/daughter off to war and trusting the Lord has things covered. Then getting a visit from two officers...and realizing the Lord has things covered. It's building a business and knowing the Lord has things covered. Then losing that business and realizing the Lord has things covered. It's investing in a marriage with hopes and dreams for the future and trusting the Lord has things covered. Then getting divorce papers years later, and realizing the Lord has things covered.

True sacrifice is trusting that the Lord has things covered, regardless of the situation, because we sacrifice our "right" to take matters into our own hands, and let the Lord do for us, what we can't.

"I can walk on my own God".

"I know that, but I can carry you, and make more ground faster, with both of us".

"Ok God, you can carry me". That is true sacrifice.

Jesus gave up His life, and he asks that we give him our trust. He promised we wouldn't regret it...

I personally like those odds, especially when front money has already been put in my pocket.

v/r

Q

yes, see, i understand how you put that Q, but i still cant trust like that. to you its a strength and that is fantastic, but for me its not. its a weakness, not directed at people that believe, like you, i mean for me, OK. dont take offense please. i am just missing that ..............bit.

Back