True Sacrifice

yes, see, i understand how you put that Q, but i still cant trust like that. to you its a strength and that is fantastic, but for me its not. its a weakness, not directed at people that believe, like you, i mean for me, OK. dont take offense please. i am just missing that ..............bit.
Ok, so then the question is, how is "your walk" going? Are you strong enough? Or could you use a little "help" from time to time? That's about how God would put it to you. I know, he put it to me the same way...

my "walk " is doing fine. now. I dont want to whinge or complain, i just feel the help i got was from me. i made myself realise that, maybe I was kidding myself before thinking that i was going to be helped. Or maybe it was just the help i was looking for wasnt the help that came. ??? oh, I dont know. All i know is , that i wasted a lot of time waiting for help when i finally realised i could do it all along. maybe, that was my "divine moment" . if it was, perhaps i missed it or misunderstood it. I dont know..........

my "walk " is doing fine. now. I dont want to whinge or complain, i just feel the help i got was from me. i made myself realise that, maybe I was kidding myself before thinking that i was going to be helped. Or maybe it was just the help i was looking for wasnt the help that came. ??? oh, I dont know. All i know is , that i wasted a lot of time waiting for help when i finally realised i could do it all along. maybe, that was my "divine moment" . if it was, perhaps i missed it or misunderstood it. I dont know..........
There was a woman stuck on the roof of her house because of flood waters. Well the water kept rising, and she had to move higher up on her roof, and was running out of space, so she prayed "God, please save me", and believed He would. A while later a boat came by and people urged her to get in. But the boat was crowded and looked unsteady, so she declined, declaring "GOD will save me".

The water kept rising and the woman had little left but a dry foot hold when a Coast Guard helicopter hovered over and a basket came down for her to get into. But the static discharge from the basket hurt and the basket swung wildly in the wind of the helicopter's prop wash, so again she waved her would be rescuers off thinking "God will save me."

Finally, as the water went past her knees and the current was pushing her off the roof, a tree floated right past her, so close she simply had to reach out and grab a branch. But the tree was constantly rolling in the water, which meant she would get soaked and would have to hang on for life, so she ignored the tree and said "God will save me".

Shortly after, the water swept the woman away and she drowned.

Standing before the throne of heaven the woman was fuming. God! I thought you were supposed to save those who asked and believed in you! Now look! I'm dead! Why?"

God observed the woman for a moment then answered in a very gentle and loving voice "I sent you a boat, then I sent you a helicopter, finally I sent you one of my best trees to climb on...what more did you want?"

Morale of the story: Help doesn't always look like what we want, never the less, it is there when we need it, if we will only accept it and trust that it will get us out of the mess we are in...

but to me that is blind faith, that didnt work. iwaited, sure, but then isaved myself. and i thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ok, thats the way it is. and i did and now life is good. the end.

Times when sacrifice seems worthwhile.
  • Moses Hebrews 11:24-27 By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to share ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He considered abuse suffered for the Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he looked to the reward. By faith he left Egypt, not being afraid of the anger of the king; for he endured as seeing him who is invisible.
  • Jesus Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
  • Ruth Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, "Entreat me not to leave you or to return from following you; for where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God; where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if even death parts me from you."
Times when sacrifice seems like too much.
  • Esau Genesis 25:31-32 Jacob said, "First sell me your birthright." Esau said, "I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to
    me?"
  • Elijah I Kings 19:4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree; and he asked that he might die, saying, "It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am no better than my fathers."
  • Moses Numbers 11:15-16 If thou wilt deal thus with me, kill me at once, if I find favor in thy sight, that I may not see my wretchedness." And the LORD said to Moses, "Gather for me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them; and bring them to the tent of meeting, and let them take their stand there with you.
  • Jesus Matthew 26:39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."

Back