Love on one another

D

dattaswami1

Love on one another

If a Christian loves another Christian as his brother, there is no greatness in it. Similarly, there is no greatness if a Hindu loves another Hindu as his brother. The greatness comes if a Christian loves the Hindu as his brother and vice-versa. A true Christian must love a true Hindu as his brother and should treat a wrong Christian as an outsider. Similarly a true Hindu must love a true Christian as his brother and must treat a wrong Hindu as an outsider. Suppose you are in a white dress. An outsider is also in a white dress, but your own brother is in a blue dress. Based on the colour of the external dress will you treat the outsider who is in the same colour of the dress as your own brother? Will you treat your own brother as an outsider because the colour of his dress is different from your dress? You recognize your own brother not by the external dress but by the internal body in which your own parental blood is flowing. Similarly, you recognize the outsider as an outsider based on the point that his inner body contains some other parental blood. Therefore, you must recognize your real brother not by the external religion but you must recognize your brother by the internal spirituality. If the spiritual values and levels coincide with your stage, such a devotee is your real brother whether he is a Hindu, Christian, Muslim or a Buddhist.

For example take the spiritual value of speaking the truth. A person belonging to any religion must be your real brother if he speaks the truth. You must treat a person as an outsider even if he belongs to your religion but is a liar. The spiritual value is the real parental blood i.e., descending from the original God-Father. When this is achieved, Universal Spirituality becomes meaningful and alive. Therefore, analyse and judge the spiritual values of the other person to make friendship with him irrespective of his nationality, language, caste, sex, age and religion. God will be immensely pleased if this attitude is developed. The main aim of our Universal Spirituality is only to establish such a view in the world. Religion is only the external culture, which is related to the language, habits of dress, habits of food and habits of regional styles of life. The external religion is only ignorance, like the smoke covering a fire. The inner spirituality is like the internal burning flame of the fire. The analysis is like putting on a fan that generates a strong wind, which blows away all the external cloud of smoke and makes you visualize the true inner fire, which is the eternal spirituality.

If a Christian loves another Christian as his brother, there is no greatness in it.

Thank you so much for the thread, but sorry brother, I must strongly disagree with the very first part... If a man loves another man as his brother there is no greatness? Love is all powerful and the main thing we should all aspire to reach... So stepping stones are needed and any act of love, a mere smile... That is an amazing thing, sorry.. Just wished to share my opinion...

Jesus said:
Luke 6:27-36
27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

And...

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.​

More on the subject of Loving an Enemy

Abram and not fearing enemies
Genesis 15:1 said:
After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, "Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great."
Proverbs strategy for dealing with enemies
Proverbs 24:17-20 said:
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles; lest the LORD see it, and be displeased, and turn away his anger from him. Fret not yourself because of evildoers, and be not envious of the wicked; for the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.
Proverbs 25:21-22 said:
If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for you will heap coals of fire on his head, and the LORD will reward you.
Prophet Elisha and turning enemies into allies
II Kings 6:21-23 said:
When the king of Israel saw them he said to Elisha, "My father, shall I slay them? Shall I slay them?" He answered, "You shall not slay them. Would you slay those whom you have taken captive with your sword and with your bow? Set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink and go to their master." So he prepared for them a great feast; and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. And the Syrians came no more on raids into the land of Israel.
Angry Spirit rebuked by Jacob
Genesis 49:6-7 said:
6 O my soul, come not into their council; O my spirit, be not joined to their company; for in their anger they slay men, and in their wantonness they hamstring oxen. Cursed be their anger, for it is fierce; and their wrath, for it is cruel! I will divide them in Jacob and scatter them in Israel.

I apologize for starting it, but its not completely my fault. Its the letter 'P' at the end of Alex which demands a definition. Since it is unwise to reveal your entire name on the internet, its best just to use something catchy in its place.

Jesus said:
Luke 6:27-36
27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

And...

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Have you ever considered the unique difference between Christian love and expressions of secular love?

So into the debate no mention of an Eastern concept of love.

I bet there's almost as many Bible cites in the "Eastern Thought" section over here as can be found over there in "Abrahamic religions." Somebody always wants to Christianize Buddhism it seems.... :(:(:eek::(:(

Is there a translator in the house?

Yea. Spam, spam, spam, spam.... in case folks are wondering why the out of context comment, a previous poster posted a batch of link spam (one message got caught by the spam trap, one of high order characters did not... both are gone).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled conversation.

I bet there's almost as many Bible cites in the "Eastern Thought" section over here as can be found over there in "Abrahamic religions." Somebody always wants to Christianize Buddhism it seems.... :(:(:eek::(:(
There was only one previous mention of Buddhism in this thread, and that was only in passing. :confused:

There was only one previous mention of Buddhism in this thread, and that was only in passing. :confused:
Alrighty, then. The excerpt from the following article reflects the OP.

The Four Sublime States
Excerpt:
Four sublime states of mind have been taught by the Buddha:

• Love or Loving-kindness (metta)
  • Compassion (karuna)
  • Sympathetic Joy (mudita)
  • Equanimity (upekkha)
<...>

These four — love, compassion, sympathetic joy and equanimity — are also known as the boundless states (appamañña), because, in their perfection and their true nature, they should not be narrowed by any limitation as to the range of beings towards whom they are extended. They should be non-exclusive and impartial, not bound by selective preferences or prejudices. A mind that has attained to that boundlessness of the Brahma-viharas will not harbor any national, racial, religious or class hatred.​

Much more at link...

Who can.... :rolleyes:

Oh and that would technically be PE... It's two words....

OK :)
paradise
one word

and a few more for imagination
A beautiful park, or a parklike garden.

And P for PEACE

P for PRIVILEGE

And now i cant stop myself ..... PANACEA...... (universal remedy)

oh :eek:just realized this is not the christianity thread i am out of here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back