The Bible—A Book From God

M

mee

The Bible is a gift from God, one for which we can be truly grateful. This unique book reveals things that we could never find out otherwise. For example, it tells us about the creation of the starry heavens, the earth, and the first man and woman. The Bible contains reliable principles to help us cope with life’s problems and anxieties. It explains how God will fulfill his purpose and bring about better conditions on the earth. What an exciting gift the Bible is!
In what ways is the Bible different from any other book?
How can the Bible help you cope with personal problems?​
Why can you trust the prophecies recorded in the Bible?

1.How is it different? And ALL the other books in the world are the same are they? Say but, this ONE book? lol.... Quran is quite different too eh Mee?

2.How can it help with my problems? It can't I do not have any problems....

3.I don't trust the prophecies....

One of your main defenses... [not directed at you personally Mee lol, but majority of JW's say... 98% will say.] 'You can trust the bible is the truth, because.... It say's so......' I mean, seriously lol.... That is pretty weak....

*quickly puts a book together that states 17th is god almighty and should be worshiped.... Then inserts a footnote... "This is all based on true events and is real! You must trust it.*

Do you believe I am god Mee? This holy book here says I am, and also says you can trust what it says... :)

*quickly puts a book together that states 17th is god almighty and should be worshiped.... :)
its good to know that the bible harmonizes throughout even though it was written by forty men over a period spanning some sixteen centuries. How, then, was it possible for these imperfect men to produce a record that is actually God’s message? They did not write of their own impulse, but were inspired by God. “All Scripture is inspired of God,” said the apostle Paul regarding the portion of the Sacred Scriptures available in his time.—2 Tim. 3:16.
The person who reasons that the Bible may—in part at least—be simply the product of human thinking may try to justify his disregard for what it says in an attempt to escape trouble. Yet in doing so, he may actually be sacrificing the prospect of eternal life. Said Jesus Christ: “Whoever seeks to keep his soul safe for himself will lose it, but whoever loses it will preserve it alive.” (Luke 17:33) It is, therefore, of far more than passing interest to consider how the Bible, a book written by men, is truly God’s Word. Our very life is involved.

That is a matter of opinion....

My opinion is the bible isn't at all in harmony. Here this will give you something to do... Enjoy, I'm sure you will ;)

Is god good to ALL? Or just some?
Psa 145:9
Jer 13:14

War or Peace?
Exo 15:3
Rom 15:33

Who was at the empty tomb?
Mat 28:1
Mar 16:1
Joh 20:1

Who is the father of Joseph? (I have touched on this one before.)
Mat 1:16
Luk 3:23

Is jesus equal to or lesser than?
Joh 10:30
Joh 14:28

Which First beasts or man?
Gen 1:25
Gen 1:26
Gen 2:18
Gen 2:19

The number of beasts in the ark?
Gen 7:2
Gen 7:8

How many stalls and horsemen?
KI1 4:26
CH2 9:25

Is it folly to be wise or not?
PRO 4:7
ECC 1:18
1Cor 1:19

Human VS ghostly impregnation.
Act 2:30
Mat 1:18

The sins of the father...
Isa 14:21
Deu 24:16

Bat? Bird? What?
Lev 11:13 - 19
Deu 14:11 - 18

Rabbits do not chew their cud...
Lev 11:6

Insects lol.... DO NOT have four feet...
Lev 11:21 -23

No... Snails don't melt..
Psa 58:8

Fowl... From waters or grounds?
Gen 1:20 -21
Gen 2:19

Odd genetic engineering....
Gen 30:39

(you'll like this one Mee...) Shape of the Earth?
Isa 40:22
Mat 4:8

Snakes... do not eat dirt...
Gen 3:14

Earth supported?
Job 26:7
Job 38:4

Heaven supported too.
Job 26:11

The hydrological cycle..
Ecc 1:7
Job 38:22

Order of creation
Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition:
Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)
Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."
The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:
Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

How orderly were things created?
#1: Step-by-step. The only discrepancy is that there is no Sun or Moon or stars on the first three "days."
#2: God fixes things up as he goes. The first man is lonely, and is not satisfied with animals. God finally creates a woman for him. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

How satisfied with creation was he?
#1: God says "it was good" after each of his labors, and rests on the seventh day, evidently very satisfied.
#2: God has to fix up his creation as he goes, and he would certainly not be very satisfied with the disobedience of that primordial couple. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

Moses personality
Num 12:3
Num 31:14, 17, 18

Righteous live?
Ps 92:12
Isa 57:1
Acts 1:18
Mat 27:5-7

jesus first sermon plain or mount?
Mat 5:1-2
Luk 6:17,20

jesus last words...
Mat 27:46-50
Luk 23:46
Joh 19:30

Years of famine.
2 sam 24:13
1Chr 21:11

Moved david to anger?
2sam 24.
1chr 21.

god be seen?
exo 24:9-10
Amos 9:1
Gen 26:2
Joh 14:9
Exo 33:11,20,23
Gen 32:30
Joh 1:18
1Tim 6:16

Unmerciful, Kind, Cruel, Destructive, Merciful, good and Ferocious.....
Jer 13:14
James 5:11
1chr 16:34
ps 145:9
1joh 4:16

Tempts?
Gen 22:1
Jam 1:13

Judas death??
Mat 27:5
Acts 1:18

Ascend to heaven.
2KI 2:11
Joh 3:13

What was jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
Mat 26:34
Mar 14:30

lol How many times did the cock crow?
mar 14:72
Mat 26:74-75
Luk 22:60-61
Joh 13:38
Joh 18:27

Saul's killer?
SA1 31:4-6
SA2 1:15

How many beatitudes in the sermon on the mount?
Mat 5:3-11
Luk 6:20-23

Every man sins?
1KI 8:46
2CH 6:36
Pro 20:9
ECC 7:20
Joh1 1:8-10
Joh1 3:9

Who bough potter's field?
Act 1:18-19
Mat 27:6-8

Who prophesied the potter's field??
Mat 27:9-10
Zec 11:12-13???

Who bears guilt?
Gal 6:2
Gal 6:5

Do you answer a fool??
Pro 26:4
Pro 26:5

How many children did michal (saul's daughter) have?
SA2 6:23
SA2 21:8

How old was Jechoiachin when he began to reign??
2KI 24:8
2CH 36:9

Marriage??
Pro 18:22
1Cor 7:1,2,27,39,40

Did those with saul at his coversion hear a voice??
Act 9:7
Act 22:9

Where was jesus three days after his baptism?
Mar 1:12
Joh 1:35

How many apostles were in office between the resurection and ascention?
1Cor 15:5
Mat 27:3-5
Acts 1:9-26
Mat 28:16

Judging...
1Cor 2:15
1Cor 4:5

Good deeds..
Mat 5:16
Mat 6:3-4

For or against?
Mat 12:30
Mar 9:40
Luk 9:50

Whom did they see at the tomb??
Mat 28:2-5
Mar 16:5
Luk 24:4
Joh 20:12

God change?
Mal 3:6
Jam 1:17
1SA 15:29
Jonah 3:10
Gen 6:6

Destruction of cities (Jeremiah was Zechariah??? lol)
Mat 27:9
Zec: 11:11-13

Who's sepulchers?
acts 7:16
Gen 23:17-18

Strong drink?
Pro 316-7
Joh 2:11

Second coming?
Mat 24:34
Mar 13:30
Luk 21:32
1THES 4:15-18

Solomon's overseers
1KI 9:23
2CHR 8:10

Abijah's mother?
2Chr 9:20
2Chr 13:2

When did Bassha die?
1Ki 16:6-8
2CHR 16:2

How old was Ahaziah when he began reign?
2KI 8:26
2CHR 22:2

Who was Josiah's successor?
2CHR 36:1
Jer 22:11

What was the colour of the robe placed on jesus during his trial?
Mat 27:28
joh 19:2

What did they give him to drink?
Mat 27:34
Mar 15:23

How long was jesus in the tomb?
Mat 12:40
Mar 10:34

Hi 17th, hope you had a good holiday. Interesting avatar once again, bit passive this time or is this the calm before the storm? lol Doesn't feathers look dapper though e'h, worked out very well indeed that. Yeah, that's right! lol
Now then, we want harmony and continuity? Just because there are different interpretations and not continuity on an event doesn't make it unreliable or untrue etc. The fact of the matter is the event (whatever it is) happened and people have wrote about it differently at that time. If I made a shopping trip to town in the presence of 5 people and then they wrote about it, all their reports would be totally different. I still went to town though! If one person couldn't remember what I bought and in what shop it doesn't matter does it, it still happened. God gave the authors of the bible the ability and gift to make a contribution to show, feel and explain how god is for everybody. If their writings were all uniformed then it would not have the feel and gift of being a book for everybody. Who needs continuity, it's what you feel in your heart. My thoughts!

P.S I hate shopping and used it just as an example.

I am glad you are happy with the feathers avatar! This current avatar I made in tribute to Puff the magic dragon, I was stoned and crying tears of sorrow (seriously) lol for Puff... That song makes me so sad....

But isn't this one of the defenses? "The bible is harmony" That is a clear LIE. It isn't So to say that it is is simply lying and a false way to defend this book as truth, just as week as my first post example "This is true because it says so." (that example) None of this at all concerns you? lol... Brave.

I am glad you are happy with the feathers avatar! This current avatar I made in tribute to Puff the magic dragon, I was stoned and crying tears of sorrow (seriously) lol for Puff... That song makes me so sad....

But isn't this one of the defenses? "The bible is harmony" That is a clear LIE. It isn't So to say that it is is simply lying and a false way to defend this book as truth, just as week as my first post example "This is true because it says so." (that example) None of this at all concerns you? lol... Brave.
the theme of the whole of the bible from Genesis to revelation is about Gods kingdom ,and that theme runs right through the whole of the bible ,so how you can say it does not harmonize i do not know , the theme of Gods kingdom runs right through it ,and to think that 40 men and sixteen centuries apart it took to complete the book and it harmonizes indeed. yes it really is from God

the first ever prophecy in the bible is in Genesis 3;15 and this prophecy runs right through the whole of the bible , and in these last days we are now well along into bible prophecy , and the book of revelation is being well and truely revealed ,yes the bible is a book of prophecy and it always comes true

the theme of the whole of the bible from Genesis to revelation is about Gods kingdom ,and that theme runs right through the whole of the bible
lmao.... ALL books have -theme- that goes from start to finish it's called a plot lol.

so how you can say it does not harmonize i do not know

You don't know? Oh I'm sorry... Didn't I just post a bunch of reasons to why? Hmm must be a "see what you like" complex going on eh?

yes it really is from God

Oh it is? Sorry my mistake! praise be to god I am a believer.

lmao.... ALL books have -theme- that goes from start to finish it's called a plot lol.

quote]
or even the fixing of something led off track,
(Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.​

(Ephesians 1:7) By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of [our] trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.

in the matter of contradictions in the Torah itself, they are there to refer to different cases. if you want answers for these specifically, you're welcome to ask them in the judaism forum.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Mee,
If you still think the Bible is in complete harmony, here is two stories of the same event supposely written by the same author Samuel?. Where is the harmony? Is it different people writing of the same event or what?

Harmony

Love and Peace,
JM

So their are those that create complicated convoluted explanations in order to make all the stories true...and then those that shrug their shoulders and move on...

What do you do? How do the inconsistencies affect your belief? Do you discuss them with your preacher, pastor, reverend, priest?

I love the exploration, the book, and the blemishes.

Mee,
If you still think the Bible is in complete harmony, here is two stories of the same event supposely written by the same author Samuel?. Where is the harmony? Is it different people writing of the same event or what?

Harmony

Love and Peace,
JM

lol You won't get through to him... I listed some MAJOR freaking mistakes the bible makes even at one point naming a person incorrect lol he wasn't even there at the time... And tons of stuff that doesn't add up and so on... But he is blinded... He will see and believe what he want's not what is right... ;)

So their are those that create complicated convoluted explanations in order to make all the stories true...and then those that shrug their shoulders and move on...

What do you do? How do the inconsistencies affect your belief? Do you discuss them with your preacher, pastor, reverend, priest?

Wil the romanticist,

Shrug shoulders, discuss them with who? That's like asking a cannibal which fork in the road leads to a friendly village. :D

JM

17th,

I saw your mighty list but thought it might be better to stick with just one book/writer and not complicate the matter with too much data. You know brain overload.. :D

Besides, I really like... no ... I really love Mee. And I thought, preadventure he might actually read what I posted and respond. Hope was never lost on me and neither will it be lost on Mee.
JM

1.How is it different? And ALL the other books in the world are the same are they? Say but, this ONE book? lol.... Quran is quite different too eh Mee?

2.How can it help with my problems? It can't I do not have any problems....

3.I don't trust the prophecies....

One of your main defenses... [not directed at you personally Mee lol, but majority of JW's say... 98% will say.] 'You can trust the bible is the truth, because.... It say's so......' I mean, seriously lol.... That is pretty weak....

*quickly puts a book together that states 17th is god almighty and should be worshiped.... Then inserts a footnote... "This is all based on true events and is real! You must trust it.*

Do you believe I am god Mee? This holy book here says I am, and also says you can trust what it says... :)

I would say, if what you claim in your book holds up under historic scrutiny, then the facts must be accounted for. But what's the best way to account for the facts that history supports? (like what can we know from history about you that the best explanation would be that you are God almighty?)

To historians the facts of the NT are clear: Jesus died on a cross. Jesus' disciples claimed to have seen him resurrected. An enemy of Christianity, Paul, converted on the basis that he claimed to have seen the resurrected Jesus. Jesus' half-brother James, a skeptic, converted after claiming to have seen the resurrected Jesus. All these men endured much persecution and (except for the apostle John) died torturous deaths for proclaiming Jesus' resurrection (which they all claimed to be eye witnesses of). And lastly, Jesus' tomb was found empty on the third day (and the enemies of Jesus (the Pharasies) even had to make up a story that the disciples stole the body to explain the empty tomb).

Even atheistic, and skeptical scholars agree on these historical facts. But what's the most reasonable answer for these facts? That Jesus was indeed resurrected from the dead, just like he said he would. No other explanation accounts for all these facts.

To historians the facts of the NT are clear: Jesus died on a cross. Jesus' disciples claimed to have seen him resurrected. An enemy of Christianity, Paul, converted on the basis that he claimed to have seen the resurrected Jesus. Jesus' half-brother James, a skeptic, converted after claiming to have seen the resurrected Jesus. All these men endured much persecution and (except for the apostle John) died torturous deaths for proclaiming Jesus' resurrection (which they all claimed to be eye witnesses of). And lastly, Jesus' tomb was found empty on the third day (and the enemies of Jesus (the Pharasies) even had to make up a story that the disciples stole the body to explain the empty tomb).

Even atheistic, and skeptical scholars agree on these historical facts. But what's the most reasonable answer for these facts? That Jesus was indeed resurrected from the dead, just like he said he would. No other explanation accounts for all these facts.
Now Pico, that is how most of us Christains see it, but there are no historical documents outside the bible that verify any of this...A Christian Historian may agree with you...but of all the Roman records available Jesus's life and death is missing, the tax time is a little off.

Again while I and others may agree with you, I don't think you'll most Atheist or Non Christian historians will.

i love the prophecies

lol You won't get through to him... I listed some MAJOR freaking mistakes the bible makes even at one point naming a person incorrect lol he wasn't even there at the time... And tons of stuff that doesn't add up and so on... But he is blinded... He will see and believe what he want's not what is right... ;)
As this is the christianity thread i would have thought the bible would be held in high regard , and you are right ,i do see the bible as the word of God because i am a person who believes the bible is inspired of God

Back