Evangelicals raise $8.5 m. for Jewish state

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO - The curtain rose to a hundred performers singing "Hinei Ma Tov" as the audience swayed back and forth and clapping their hands. They remained standing through "Hatikva," declarations of support for Israel, and a duet of "Jerusalem of Gold."

And when the evening closed - on a prayer for the State of Israel - 6,000 people, all but a few of them evangelical Christians, streamed out of the Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas.
On Sunday night, Pastor John Hagee, head of the Cornerstone Church and a founding member of Christians United for Israel, hosted his 26th annual "Night to Honor Israel." It was a massive multimedia extravaganza of music, skits, speeches and dance, broadcast live throughout the world and attended by Israeli representatives and community leaders from the Jewish Federation of Houston.

The event aimed to show solidarity between the evangelical community and the State of Israel, which Hagee calls the "apple of God's eye." It also reminded anyone listening that God's politics are very, very specific... CONT'D

oh boy...the old log in the eye again..and now for the rest of the story...we find bigotry, deceit, the usual...
He's a big, rotund man, and his voice echoed throughout the megachurch's enormous sanctuary. "America must never pressure Israel to give up land. It must never pressure her to divide Jerusalem. Turning Jerusalem over to the Palestinians is tantamount to giving it to the Taliban," ....

"Jews look around the world today," the pastor said, "searching for allies. You look at the United Nations, that new Tower of Babel. You look to Europe, where the specter of Hitler walks anew. You look to the universities, with their professors backed by Arab money. A new Holocaust seems around the corner. ...

...Hagee gets a lot of audience participation. The crowd cheered when he talked about God's plan and when he spoke of the need for Israel to stand strong against Iran. When he talked about Israel giving up land, they yelled "No!" When the band struck up "Blow the Trumpet in Zion," .....

....At last year's AIPAC policy conference in Washington, he called for America to launch a preemptive attack on Iran.....

And while he has been a self proclaimed "friend of the Jews" since a visit to Israel in 1978....

....in a [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]sermon[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] last November, Hagee said, "If you live your life and don't confess your sins to God almighty through the authority of Christ and his blood - I'm going to say this very plainly - you're going straight to hell with a nonstop ticket."....

....His message now is a little different. "It is wonderful to see Christians and Jews coming together to stand together and be together forever," the pastor said Sunday night. "We have far more in common than the things that we have allowed to tear us apart."
Yes he's a friend of the Jew..they are going to hell....and a follower of Jesus...love, compassion, to go around...

oh boy...the old log in the eye again..and now for the rest of the story...we find bigotry, deceit, the usual...Yes he's a friend of the Jew..they are going to hell....and a follower of Jesus...love, compassion, to go around...
although jesus did state that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and certain evil will not enter heaven, but be cast out to hell in his judgement; Hagee does come across as extremely harsh when one thinks about the fragile relationships between different religions/cultures that would like to a know a God that loves them, who wants a relationship with them, and wants them to find salvation, but is pre-empted by fire and brimstone of a holy and righteous god before understanding of grace and salvation of a loving god. Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, there is a balance of hard and soft messages that are both necessary. comments?

although jesus did state that he is the way, the truth, and the life
I don't believe Jesus said that, or said hardly a word of what is attributed to him in the "gospel of John". That book is poison, and we have here an illustration of what I mean by saying so.

Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, there is a balance of hard and soft messages that are both necessary. comments?
If one simply read your OP and headline or went to one of his talks one would think he was some lovey dovey interfaith type....however if you attended another you'd find fire and brimstone...

appears man speaks with forked tongue...

I don't believe Jesus said that, or said hardly a word of what is attributed to him in the "gospel of John".
what makes you believe that?
The lateness of the source, and its complete lack of overlap with any other source of what Jesus had to say.

If one simply read your OP and headline or went to one of his talks one would think he was some lovey dovey interfaith type....however if you attended another you'd find fire and brimstone...

appears man speaks with forked tongue...

What if you attended the interfaith, it resonated with you and then when you came upon "the fire and brimstone" and instead of automatically tuning him out, you have heard this guy before so he has some credibility and you listen.

Has he been accused of saying one thing in one group and something opposite to another?

more like when in Rome...

"What if you attended the interfaith, it resonated with you and then when you came upon "the fire and brimstone" and instead of automatically tuning him out, you have heard this guy before so he has some credibility and you listen. "
Precisely. That is how destructive cults lure people in and get them accustomed to gross evil, little by little.

I wonder if those Evangelicals realize that they can't even own land in their own holy land that they are raising cash for....

Has he been accused of saying one thing in one group and something opposite to another?

more like when in Rome...
The post and the headline read one way...reading the entire article accuses him of exactly what you question...listening to all the links proves it is correct.

when in Rome?? So you are ok with preachers or politicians saying one thing to one group and the opposite to another...ends justifies the means??

The post and the headline read one way...reading the entire article accuses him of exactly what you question...listening to all the links proves it is correct.

when in Rome?? So you are ok with preachers or politicians saying one thing to one group and the opposite to another...ends justifies the means??

No, I am not ok with "ends justifies the means." The Rome comment referred to getting interfaith people to wake up and realize that just because it sounds so nice and it is so easy to slip into (those should be warning signs right there) that it is not neccessarily the right answer.

When I read you quotes, I assumed he was talking with messianic Jews and Christians. I really didn't see a conflict. One was just a little more in your face. (with grace) :p

I watched a video of Hagee and his group. It was more entertaining than pro wrestling! Nice of the Israelis to keep the seat warm until God has time to whack them all for not believing in his son. AIPAC doesn't seem to mind the nutball support though. I guess they figure if they can get the idiot RWW's to support a strike on Iran it will be worth having to put up with all these lunatics.

Kumbaya,

Chris

Back