christian worship three gods and i mean three gods
u say trinity and 3in 1
this is some thing unreasonable and i think u have mind
then who say about trinity??????
god or priests?
by god ! jesus didnt say about trinity any where in gospels
give me one word jesus said "there are thre to worship;father,son,holy spirit"
remember ! i say "worship" no other word
realy first priests call jesus as god and then come to conflict cause there is one God:so the bring the theory of the trinity to make them one God
i mean it is a theory not fact and there was many other theory of god at that era
do you know why people go to hell?
because they did not use there mind
i hope u use your mind and not to hear others

Sounds like an attack on other's views, truthway009.

Some of us are here to open our minds where we lack understanding. Maybe you should stick to the Islam section and enlighten us on that instead. If you want to understand the Trinity, I opened a discussion thread about that over in the Christianity section of this forum - but I guess we would never catch you over there, now would we? I am definately no moderator but I have to stand up in defense of those of us who respect the diversity of this forum.

With much respect, Moderators.

truthseeker. you are funny. you shot down the muslim guy for his opinion which was Jesus never said they were three in one and to pray to that. He is right Jesus never said that. You said you are trying to be open minded and learn. How open are you to learning when you believe that those that don't believe as you do are going to hell? If you really wanted to learn you would have listened to what he said. But you didn't. You are a contradiction.

didymus said:
truthseeker. you are funny. you shot down the muslim guy for his opinion which was Jesus never said they were three in one and to pray to that. He is right Jesus never said that. You said you are trying to be open minded and learn. How open are you to learning when you believe that those that don't believe as you do are going to hell? If you really wanted to learn you would have listened to what he said. But you didn't. You are a contradiction.

Hello didymus,

You and truthway009 are right, Jesus never said that. Yes, I am trying to be open minded and learn. I don't think that I have said anywhere in any part of this forum that people who don't believe as I do are going to hell. Like I mentioned to truthway009 I will say to you as well:
truthseeker said:
If you want to understand the Trinity, I opened a discussion thread about that over in the Christianity section of this forum
and I will leave the rest of the sentence to truthway009 alone.
I do not claim to be a master of the Trinity. As a matter of fact, I am asking a question so I can better understand the Trinity.

truthway 009 said:
do you know why people go to hell?
because they don't use there mind
i hope u use your mind and not to hear others

was the point I was addressing, dear didymus.

I appreciate the threads you start and I expect that we will engage in conversation again. Being so, I hope it shall be on more respectable terms. Now, let us get back to the question, shall we?

I'm sorry for the comment I made to you. You may perceive your discussion as open but it really isn't. How can a discussion be open to new ideas if the belief is that without Jesus you go to hell. You may be open to different ideas but those ideas are around the belief that without Jesus you can't go to heaven.

I think the trinity is a nice concept. I think God is bigger than the trinity, a trinity may be one of the principles he operates in but surely He is not limited to that. Gosd is limitless, infinity, outside of time and space, absolutely incomprehensible to the human mind. But yet at times we see God, we catch a glimpse and we feel It and It leaves us in utter awe. My experiences with God have humbled me in many ways, enough to know that I don't know who He is or what He is, but that He is .

didymus,

Yes, yes. I agree that God is much more than the human mind can comprehend. Perhaps that is why discussion forums such as CR is important to people like us. We want to understand as much as we can; we want to get as CLOSE as we can. Otherwise, there would be nothing to talk about. The Bible is interesting to me. Christianity is interesting to me - just as much as any other form of religion and doctrine; I just happen to know more about Christianity than I know about any other religion. Again, I am here to ask questions - about Christianity, as well. Maybe the subject of this question was about what you are saying. But I went a little off the subject in my responses. I don't think you read those because the view you have is not what I am about here.

If you are wrong, do you go to hell?

truthseeker said:
And if you all don't mind me saying, I think there is a built-in mechanism for right and wrong. You know right now if you are going to heaven or hell because you feel either spiritually progressive or spiritually in danger - that is, if you don't believe in reincarnation.
I made a mention about ones who believe in reincarnation because if you believe in reincarnation, then heaven and hell is not an issue as Christianity doesn't support the concept of reincarnation and reincarnation doesn't support the concept of hell, to my understanding.

I hope this makes a difference to you, didymus. If you are interesting in seeing my conversation in this discussion thread, you can look at replys #37-#39.

I think I reacted to the engine scenario given above. The guy who said not having Jesus is like not putting the right parts in your car and then one day you realize the car doesn't start and ooops, you wind up in hell. I find this idea very difficult to accept. I just don't see God that way and haven't felt him that way either. I had an encounter with God that was life changing, it was an inner transformation that is very similar to experiences that people have in a church, synogogue or mosque. Except mine was a belief in a higher being or power, Jesus wasn't involved in it at all. That's why when i hear people say without Jesus you're going to hell I don't believe it. God has shown me otherwise.

oh no!
i am really sorry!
i ve taken about sthg at its unwanted place
i read in the first post of this thread that muslim,jews and christian worship one god......this point make my speak about trinity hear....so i repeat my apologize!
but i saw that u talk again about trinity here:confused:
i promise to join u at trinity thread.
but i am very busy now ,i am a medical student but i ll try to get time to join u.
but i feel an attak on me and sbdy said that he shot me down!!:(
i try to be your friend.
so will u offer me this honer!

Awwww truthway 009!!!

You're so cool! Thanks for the apology. I apologize as well, dear didymus helped me sort it out. I hope to converse with you in respect and fairness down the threads. Peace.

didymus said:
I think I reacted to the engine scenario given above. The guy who said not having Jesus is like not putting the right parts in your car and then one day you realize the car doesn't start and ooops, you wind up in hell. I find this idea very difficult to accept. I just don't see God that way and haven't felt him that way either. I had an encounter with God that was life changing, it was an inner transformation that is very similar to experiences that people have in a church, synogogue or mosque. Except mine was a belief in a higher being or power, Jesus wasn't involved in it at all. That's why when i hear people say without Jesus you're going to hell I don't believe it. God has shown me otherwise.

I understand you completely. You know, I had a life altering experience as well that brought me closer to God. After my initial experience I sought to understand the Gospel but I also talk to those of other religions because there are things that I know are real. I would say in any situation that Christianity is not the only path to God - though it is the only path for many people. That's fine. And though God is much more complex than we can concieve, I just don't think He aims to be tricky and elusive with what He is doing. I have a special relationship with God just as many others do. And I feel blessed by Him to understand the other threads of thought that seek Him. :)

Ben57 said:
For those that use the Bible as the source of their belief system I would like to say that the Bible does not teach a fiery hell.

When we die the Bible says we are dead, we feel nothing and know nothing. A loving God would not go against his own standards and commit people to a fiery hell. The Hebrew and Greek words prodominetly translated hell opnly mean the grave. Bible translators have a lot to answer for this false concept.

There is no fiery hell for unbeleivers and there is no after life for the majority of mankind. The meek shall inherit the EARTH not heaven
yes i agree with all of your post this is in line with the bible.

mee said:
yes i agree with all of your post this is in line with the bible.
You forget the very real description and conversation the Greek and Hebrew versions discuss between Abraham, Elijah (i believe) and the rich man in torment across the chasm...Abraham is in paradise and the rich man is being tormented. Both are aware of their surroundings (hence not in a dead grave). Please explain that.;)

Also please explain the fact that the OT tells us Elijah (sp) was spared death all together and taken to God (no grave).

v/r

Q

weeping wailing gnashing of teeth. ...everlating darkness...tormented day & night...

i wonder who all those people are that Jesus says "depart form me ye workers of iniquity, I never knew you"

it may not be a literal fire, but nevertheless, there is some kind of unquenchable fire that does not seem pleasant.

God is a consuming fire, which i guess He can consume as easily as he creates.
i aint downplaying it, no more than i am going to downplay the greatness & wonder/splendor of heaven through the Lord Jesus.

22 . . . the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Luke 16:22-28)

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE

The Bible describes it as weeping[size=+0][/size] (Matt 8:12), wailing (Matt 13:42), gnashing of teeth (Matt 13:50), darkness[size=+0][/size] (Matt 25:30), flames (Luke 16:24), burning[size=+0][/size] (Isa 33:14), torments[size=+0][/size] (Luke 16:23), everlasting punishment!Jesus Christ says in Matthew 25:41, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE, prepared for the devil and his angels."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Rev. 14:11: "The smoke of their TORMENT ascendeth up for EVER AND EVER: and they have NO REST DAY NOR NIGHT."

everlasting fire — Matthew18:8, 25:41
everlasting punishment — Matthew 25:46
everlasting chains — Jude 1:6
eternal damnation — Mark 3:29
eternal judgment — Hebrews 6:2
eternal fire — Jude 1:7
unquenchable fire — Matthew 3:12
the fire that never shall be quenched — Mark 9:43, 44, 45, 46, 48
fire unquenchable — Luke 3:17
mist of darkness is reserved for ever — 2 Peter 2:17
the blackness of
darkness for ever — Jude 1:13

Jesus Christ says in Mark 9:43-47,
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire

If hell is not real — Jesus Christ was the most deceived man that ever lived![size=+0][/size]

Know it is old... But Marsh, brother... You like many others need to just calm down a little... I'd say if you just live right... I mean thinking about others, caring, Loving, sharing, forgiving... You know? The real reasons to live and breathe.. Just stay to those lines if you're confused on this or that or hell or trinity or the Gods of Hindu, or Buddha's laws or whatever it is your confused or worrying about, because if you are wrong then maybe you'll just be dissapointed... You know? I have no idea if I am the best to listen to, I am sure there will be many that would say "OH NO!" ;) But, When we stop looking for "acceptance" maybe we'll find it?

Back