walking

M

mee

MILLIONS of people seem to think that if they can’t join a spa and spend a lot of time working out, they might as well forget about health benefits from exercise.
some studies suggest that people who walk consistently may develop fewer illnesses than people who are sedentary.

And what is so good about walking is that people of all ages and practically all health levels can do it. Moreover, it doesn’t require special training or athletic skill—only a good pair of shoes.

walking is the number one activity recommended by fitness experts.

The New England Journal of Medicine, found that even walking as little as a half mile a day reduced mortality.

In many lands just 50 years ago, a hardworking man would sweat behind the horse and plow, cycle to the village to go to the bank, and do home repairs in the evening. The life-style of his grandchildren, however, is quite different. The modern worker may sit in front of a computer most of the day, drive his car virtually everywhere he needs to go, and spend his evening in front of the TV.

It is widely accepted that compared with active people, inactive people tend to have higher blood pressure, a higher risk of strokes and heart attacks, a higher risk of developing certain types of cancers, a higher risk of osteoporosis, and a higher tendency to become obese.

now where did i put my walking shoes:)

walkies ............. the dog is giving me hints how far is 10,000 steps ?

how long does that take you EVERYDAY. what else do you do ? i would not have the time .

lol, brother, that is just getting back and forth from work... 20mins there and about 30ish minutes home (I smoke my scooby dooby snacks on my way home, so I tend to stroll more....)

Meet a few interesting people on that short walk... I have my brother Sam, who I sing with out loud as we walk when I meet him, I met a brother called Eric and helped him get his car going, We got my brother Clive he drives along in his scooter because he has troubles with walking and he always has a smile and a welcome to share... And It beats sitting in a car shut off from the weather, the elements, the people, the good times heh....

lol, brother, that is just getting back and forth from work... 20mins there and about 30ish minutes home quote]
i must do more miles than i think because i walk the dog for 30 mins every day , i like to walk fast but the dog is getting old now and he is slowing down :(

Alex, I'm with you, but are you sure that your less than an hour walks with puffs and social stops are 15 miles? Are you walking or running, bro? ;)

I also walk to work. It takes me about a half-hour each way and is, I think, less than two miles. I don't know, I've never measured it; however, I am pretty damn sure that I couldn't walk a full 15 miles in less than an hour, puffin' on a joint and singin' sometimes along the way.

Just askin'.

:p

And It beats sitting in a car shut off from the weather, the elements, the people, the good times heh....

Hells yes it does. I get pissed off when I have to drive to work, all cranky about the experiences that I've missed in my quick trip in the plastic wheeled bubble, stopping at lights and weaving around or getting passed by other plastic bubbles and giant, noisy diesel trucks. Those bastards. Why do diesels have to be so frickin' loud? :mad: :rolleyes:

I guess my military fitness is still with me, I know tescos's is 1.5 miles from my house... Wait! Bright idea! Multimap directions, Ah... just under 10miles... I was 5 and a bit miles out lol..... 20 miins there and 30mins-ish back...

Mee.... Go to Tesco's get, you know the dental chews by pedigree? They also do "joint" chews... Give that to the old fellah... I bet you notice a change within a week, two tops.

Hmmm although mulitmap goes by car not foot lol... so I dunno, I take a different route.

I dunno still just an estimation I will ask someone here.
After calcuation of a large road I do not travel, I say it comes down to four miles each way, my beloved says it is three... So to keep the peace it is three. :D

Mee.... Go to Tesco's get, you know the dental chews by pedigree? They also do "joint" chews... Give that to the old fellah... I bet you notice a change within a week, two tops.
:D talking about those dog chews, i think my dog is already addicted to those chew sticks , he goes mad for them and those sticks are really bright green colour.

i was thinking about changing his chews for the ones that are a natural with no colourant .

so maybe he is already hooked ;)maybe that is why i have to drag him along .

Not sure what they are called but in some pet shops here there are these green or brownish yellow chews in the shape of hedgehogs and some other woodland aninamls... They look plastic, but they are made from nothing but natural substances... Good stuff nice for the coat and eyes don't chu know.

i wonder how many klms i do a day. i run back and forth in the deli (it is quitebig)it would be interesting to see how many klms we do. ill get a pedometer just to see .i wil say this, since ive changed stores and a deli 3 times bigger than what i was used to, ive lost 8kilos in 3 months. not bad, not bad at all.

:)ok , her i go again ,i cant seem to help myself can i :)

WALKING with God

"He has told you, O earthling man, what is good. And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in WALKING with your God?"—Mic. 6:8.

"All the peoples, for their part, will WALK each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall WALK In the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."—Mic. 4:5.

"We are WALKING by faith, not by sight."—2 CORINTHIANS 5:7.

mee. u are soooooooooooooo addicted. lol.
lol.
I HOPE SOOOOOOOOOOO:DOK back to physical walking

Even greater benefits can come from brisk walking.

Dr. Carl Caspersen of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, said: "Going from being sedentary to walking briskly for a half hour several days a week can drop your risk [of disease] dramatically." And what is so good about walking is that people of all ages and practically all health levels can do it. Moreover, it doesn’t require special training or athletic skill—only a good pair of shoes.

:) and yes i think we also lose a bit of our fat as well

walking barefoot on sand is good as well ,those feet get a good workout, but it must be nice soft sand

Back