walking

I have got myself a great treadmill ,it is the proform 3.6 its great, it is in the front room and i go on it every morning for 30 mins ,it has some great programs they are weightloss programs and classic workouts, and i am feeling fitter my the day, :)

good for you mee. i walk most days, and i listen to my fav music on my mp3. I end up walking quicker because of the beat. LOL. Now, to some, I may look like a crazy lady , walking quickly past their houses, hair flying everywhere, but im haveing a good time, listening to my fav tunes, and losing weight. ..Just keep walking mee, and youll do fine.

good for you mee. i walk most days, and i listen to my fav music on my mp3. I end up walking quicker because of the beat. LOL. Now, to some, I may look like a crazy lady , walking quickly past their houses, hair flying everywhere, but im haveing a good time, listening to my fav tunes, and losing weight. ..Just keep walking mee, and youll do fine.
Because i am on my treadmill first thing in the morning i switch the telly on and see whats going on in the world. but i think i might just put the cd on and listen to some music.:)
i like to power walk , at the moment i am doing speed 4 and i like to put the incline up to get the heartrate going a bit .

And what is so good about walking is that people of all ages and practically all health levels can do it. Moreover, it doesn’t require special training or athletic skill—only a good pair of shoes.

Completely agree with you ! I walk 10 km per day, every day =)

Hi, my name is Will be, and I, am a walkaholic. "Hic!"... walking does that.

talking but walking l took me dog karma out for her bedtime pee and no less than three deer ran across the road in front of us, of course karma being a lurcher type went ballistic trying to get at them..wonderful sight to behold their lumunuos bob tails bounding off into the night woods..this night a dead deer-road kill- yards from my house, probably one of them. what a waste not even taken straight away to be hung and eaten.. some society.. [didnt know how long it was there so wasnt gonna do the gruesome chopping up myself]. oh well maybe the buzzards are having a fill.

The walk today came with a brutal cold north wind, actually kicking up clouds of dust that made me stop, with the 3 dogs, look down and hold my breath. I have this thing about breathing junk I can see in the air. Then one of the dogs snapped off his collar, luckily I got it put back on, without having to carry the smallest dog 3 miles, but that might have been fun. I like the dirt, sweat and exhaustion from a long walk. But I get a shower, the dogs don't, unless they roll, in... ah, you know.

yeh dont l just, they think they're clever trying to smell like their prey if the wind is against them while crouching low waiting to pounce. maybe not such a bad idea- find out the perfume/aftershave of the person you fancy and they may be attracted to you cos you smell like them! mmm worth trying for an experiment!

Cold and gray outside this morning. Snow coming down. So much for April showers, or flowers. I'll be starting my greenhouse plans today, a solar/cold storage/greenhouse, within walking distance. I'll do the shorter walk today, depending on the dogs. But there is this one cedar wood stump I had seen earlier the line service workers had cut down next to the road. Might bring a wagon and get that today, be great to carve up and sculpt, or wood burn on, make into a stool, that I could sit on between walks.

sounds like your in heaven, apart from the snow; l got rid of my chainsaw as l was a danger to myself lol, so only collect limbs that can be chucked in the van for bonfires. making stuff like chairs wonderful; you could sell them by the roadside.

We own a gallery, which have to walk to, with the chair, on a wagon.

Trying to do all the woodwork by hand, bought an old two man saw for when the "good old days" return. But right now it's just mallet and chisel, one man work, in the "good young days".

It stopped snowing. I guess I need to walk outside and get some firewood for the wood stove.

Good thing the beard is still long. In the "good old days" they all grew beards, even the chicks, or ah, ladies, females, them.

haha that was before HRT minimising the decreased estrogen and increased testoterone. does the gallery sell only woodwork? [or is that a ceramic avatar that you made?!]

The road is a mess, the dogs would be like, like... oh well, I'll just get 'em in the tub. I must, I will, I can walk, if the dogs want. Had to keep it in the tread.

Um, gallery stuff - paintings, drawings (that is a drawn avatar) miniature over 2000 to put out there, carved figures, wall panels designed with pyrography... wood burning. Wif does bead stuff, miniature drawings, jewelry, ear wings, I mean rings. Ah oh, and I'm doing garbage pieces, like prayer flags made out of tootsie pop wrappers, bottle cap art, tin can art, stick stuff. Next will be the dirty dogs, matted, mounted and framed - arf work.

Anyone got MBT shoes?

They're expensive but I tried some on and WOW! The next big impression was when I put my normal shoes back on and went UGH!

YouTube - MBT Shoes Instruction DVD New

s.

I got, somethin' with heels wearin' out. And the dust on the back roads is nasty right now, so I wouldn't want to get any new pair dirty, I'ts against my religion, to eventually walk bare footed.

How cool is that? My Dad likes to walk for exercise, maybe a pair for him!

Hate to sound like an advert but they felt just incredible to walk in.

I was advised to ensure they were a real snug fit, you don't want your feet to move inside them (as the shoes are designed to be slightly "unstable"). In English sizes I take a 10 but the MBTs I tried were fine at 9 and a half; after slackening the laces a bit to put them on. OK I'll shut up now. :p

s.

Back