Lucifer&War in Heaven

Manji2012

Reaction score
When I was younger, I remember learning stories from my peers about an angel of light that was called lucifer. It was the first Angel God created. I think next was Michael.

Then God created the earth and he created man. God ordained or commanded it be such that the prostrate themselves and are to serve humans. Then Lucifer not wanting to obey these commands God asked him why does he not prostrate. Lucifer said, "Why should I, a being of fire that came first, bow down to a creature that eats, poops, and dies."

Heaven became divided into two factions. Lucifer decided to aim at taking the thrown of God and ruling in God's place. a Third of heaven was destroyed, and it basically just boiled down to Michael kicking the crap out of Lucifer and casted him out of Heaven along with all the other angels that followed Lucifer.

Lucifer is not in Hell but rather roaming the earth or here in some way.

It is not until judgment that, all that were not right with God will be thrown into the lake of fire for all eternity.

My question is:

Where does this scripture or story, whatever it is called correctly, come from? Which book? Where can I find it?

it basically just boiled down to Michael kicking the crap out of Lucifer and casted him out of Heaven along with all the other angels that followed Lucifer.

And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. REVELATION 12;7-9

This battle in heaven happened afer Jesus was given great aurthority Daniel 7;13-14 and it happened in 1914 when Jesus was given his rightful kingship . thats why since 1914 demonic influence has become more on the earth ,its because satan is angry and knows that he only has a short period of time left before he is locked away for a 1000 years

Where does this scripture or story, whatever it is called correctly, come from? Which book? Where can I find it?

No idea some novel based on fiction? (Not the bible ;) another one)

In the bible there is NO reference to Lucifer (an angel) there is reference to a Babylonian king...... But not an angel, and also the bible will state jesus is the first creation of god. :) Try to remember "Lucifer" is a Latin word..... (little hint there for you.)

The two most common references for Lucifer or Satan in the Old Testament comes from Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28:

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." - Isaiah 14:12-15

"Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." - Ezekiel 28:14-19

But 17th is correct in saying that the Isaiah passage refers to a Babylonian king, though some Christians will argue that this is whats known as a "double" prophesy or fulfillment, that the meaning of the text goes deeper than the surface story or description. Judiasm, I will note, denies such concepts. I'm still looking into the matter.

For more info on this:

Lucifer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Where does this scripture or story, whatever it is called correctly, come from? Which book? Where can I find it?"
The particular version that your opening post cited is not in the Bible, but rather from the Qur'an.

No idea some novel based on fiction? (Not the bible ;) another one)

In the bible there is NO reference to Lucifer (an angel) there is reference to a Babylonian king...... But not an angel, and also the bible will state jesus is the first creation of god. :) Try to remember "Lucifer" is a Latin word..... (little hint there for you.)
true lucifer is not satan ,

The two most common references for Lucifer or Satan in the Old Testament comes from Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28:

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." - Isaiah 14:12-15

"Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." - Ezekiel 28:14-19

But 17th is correct in saying that the Isaiah passage refers to a Babylonian king, though some Christians will argue that this is whats known as a "double" prophesy or fulfillment, that the meaning of the text goes deeper than the surface story or description. Judiasm, I will note, denies such concepts. I'm still looking into the matter.

For more info on this:

Lucifer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the babylonian rulers had an ATTITUTE just like satan, they thought they were as Good as God , they lift them selves way to high .

these passages do look at the downfall of human kings; however, they also look beyond and at the evil powers behind their destruction, which is satan. satan is a deceiver and makes sin look good. for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Dear Manji,
The revelations of this mystery occurred in the Ninth Century- see Parsifal.

Of course Michael was the Archangel who expelled Lucifer. The story goes that when Michael hit Lucifer's crown with his sabre, a stone from it fell to Earth and later became the Lapis Exilis- the Holy Grail.

There is a deeper meaning to all of this. By means of the Holy Grail we overcome the influence of Lucifer- hence the fabled search for this treasured item.

In Christ,
Br.Bruce

these passages do look at the downfall of human kings; however, they also look beyond and at the evil powers behind their destruction, which is satan. satan is a deceiver and makes sin look good. for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Very true, satan is the great deciever he has been doing it for centuries , he even has the whole world lieing in his power.

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. 1 john 5;19

he is behind many things ,even though people are not aware of it .

but not for much longer because the God of the bible will soon lock him up for a 1000 years and then Gods heavenly kingdom can rule without any opposition .

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44

(Isaiah 60:12) For any nation and any kingdom that will not serve you will perish; and the nations themselves will without fail come to devastation.

i am making sure that i am not any part of satans things but i am putting myself on the side of the true God Jehovah and his son Jesus christ .

because it leads to everlasting life.

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. JOHN 17;3

Gods heavenly kingdom is the only way to salvation , it has the best king reigning, and it is JESUS CHRIST.

Lucifer is not satan it is referring to the Babylonian king. Satan never fell from grace, in fact God created Satan to test people.

Lucifer is not satan it is referring to the Babylonian king. Satan never fell from grace, in fact God created Satan to test people.
yes lucifer is refering to the babylonian rulers ,

but satan was not created rebellious and in opposition to God ,he started to be that way himself . thats why the name satan means resister , he is in opposition to Gods purpose he is an adversary , he started to be known as satan at the beginning of his bad ways.:(

Dondi said:
actually, the word "lucifer" is latin, meaning "light-bringer". the original hebrew word is "HeILeL", normally translated as "bright star", which has connotations of praise, shininess, radiation, brilliance and boastfulness. you can see both how christian interpretation might see this as relating to the "devil" as an adversary of G!D, but it could not possibly refer to the jewish concept of ha-satan, who actually works directly for G!D. it *does* work as a metaphor for nebuchadnezzar, though, who is seen as someone who *did* attempt to challenge G!D and exalt himself as divine.

it is inconceivable within jewish theology that an angelic being could rebel against G!D. they are without the free will to so do.

b'shalom

bananabrain

it is inconceivable within jewish theology that an angelic being could rebel against G!D. they are without the free will to so do.

b'shalom

bananabrain
Jesus Christ said of him: "That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him." (Joh 8:44;
1Jo 3:8) Jesus here shows that Satan was once in the truth, but forsook it. Beginning with his first overt act in turning Adam and Eve away from God, he was a manslayer, for he thereby brought about the death of Adam and Eve, which, in turn, brought sin and death to their offspring. (Ro 5:12) Throughout the Scriptures the qualities and actions attributed to him could be attributed only to a person, not to an abstract principle of evil. It is clear that the Jews, and Jesus and his disciples, knew that Satan existed as a person.

So, from a righteous, perfect start, this spirit person deviated into sin and degradation.

As a consequence of Satan’s use of the serpent, the Bible gives Satan the title "Serpent," which came to signify "deceiver"; he also became "the Tempter" (Mt 4:3) and a liar, "the father of the lie."—Joh 8:44; Re 12:9.

yes, but it doesn't especially concern me, as a jew, what it says in the NT, because as far as i'm concerned it's not "scripture". not for me at any rate. so it may prove something to you, but it certainly doesn't for me.

b'shalom

bananabrain

And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. REVELATION 12;7-9

This battle in heaven happened afer Jesus was given great aurthority Daniel 7;13-14 and it happened in 1914 when Jesus was given his rightful kingship . thats why since 1914 demonic influence has become more on the earth ,its because satan is angry and knows that he only has a short period of time left before he is locked away for a 1000 years

Umm, considering that the passages noted above were written in the past tense, and considering that the serpent was already on earth in the garden during the temptation of man, I'd say 1914 is a weeeeeeeeeee bit off. (That's Revelation and Genesis, crossed referenced). Deuterotomy also discusses briefly the fallen watchers and their offspring, which most believe to be the 1/3rd that fell from grace (again, a long time ago).

The remainder of the "visions" of John in Revelation are written in the future imperfect tense, which does lend creedance to these "prophecies" having yet to take place...

some thing to consider...

Umm, considering that the passages noted above were written in the past tense, and considering that the serpent was already on earth in the garden during the temptation of man, I'd say 1914 is a weeeeeeeeeee bit off. (That's Revelation and Genesis, crossed referenced). Deuterotomy also discusses briefly the fallen watchers and their offspring, which most believe to be the 1/3rd that fell from grace (again, a long time ago).

The remainder of the "visions" of John in Revelation are written in the future imperfect tense, which does lend creedance to these "prophecies" having yet to take place...

some thing to consider...

before 1914 satan was sometime on the earth and sometime in the heaven , and as you say he was in the garden of eden , but after 1914 he was not allowed back into heaven any more he was cast out, so he is down here angry as can be . he cannot attack Gods kingdom up there any more so he is out to be in opposition to anyone down here who is for the kingdom ,and he is out to stop people putting their trust in Gods heavenly kingdom. and he is out to put people into doing things out of line with Gods ways .

but not for much longer because Jesus has the symbolic key to lock him away for 1000 years ,and then there will be no more opposition and Gods kingdom can rule without any opposition .:) we are now well along into the book of revelation and many things have been happening in this time of the end since 1914.

yes, but it doesn't especially concern me, as a jew, what it says in the NT, because as far as i'm concerned it's not "scripture". not for me at any rate. so it may prove something to you, but it certainly doesn't for me.

b'shalom

bananabrain
i find that the hebrew scriptures and the Greek scriptures harmonize throughout and it all fits into place .:)

Jesus Christ said of him: "That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him." (Joh 8:44;
1Jo 3:8) Jesus here shows that Satan was once in the truth, but forsook it.
??? That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Jesus said.

Back