truthfulness

M

mee

Why Be Truthful?
Consider what is involved when we are called upon to decide whether to speak the truth or not.

interesting read , click on link

You know, this could have been an interesting discussion on the dilemma of telling the truth in different settings had it not been for a link promoting a particular religion. But then I suppose it's okay because we are in the Christian forum... wait... we aren't? Ummmm

You know, this could have been an interesting discussion on the dilemma of telling the truth in different settings had it not been for a link promoting a particular religion. But then I suppose it's okay because we are in the Christian forum... wait... we aren't? Ummmm
Namaste Paladin, Tao, and mee,

Seems like an appropriate time for a truthfulness discussion.

Paladin you are correct, could be a good topic, yet prosletyzing in the belief and spirituality forum is frowned upon.

So mee, Tao unleashed a response anti JW link due to your increased and excessive JW links lately. You've been around, you know the rules, your an adult no need for overt discussion of this now is there?

As to the thought of truthfulness and lying, reminds me of the story about Jimmy Carter's mom, and him never telling a lie.

Truth.

So what is the best way to educate the next generation so that they will be objective, skeptical, but hopeful for the future; and how do we get them to educate the generation after them in like manner? In other words -- in earnest? Also, why should we care about it, since we only live for 60 years or so?

China Cat Sunflower,

I am new here. Nice to meet you, and that is a perfect quote for a comparative religion forum.

You know, Einstein was no dummy and was introduced to Kant's Critique of Pure Reason and Euclid's Elements when he was only 10 years old. I wonder if that influenced him? When he was slightly older (but still a young man) he wrote that the spirit of learning and creative thought were lost in strict, rote learning.

I also agree that it could have been an interesting discussion about the subject of truthfulness.

To be honest i wasnt sure where to put it , so as truthfulness should interest most people including non christians, I thought it would be the best place to put it.

but yet again truthfulness is far from the minds of the ones who post lies and halftruths about JW . as the first response confirms .

so in a way it has started a discussion because the opposite of truth is lieing and there sure is plenty of that going on as is very clear to me ,

The opposite of truth.

Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person. A lie need not always be verbal. It can also be expressed in action, that is, a person may be living a lie.

A person may not steal someone else’s belongings, but is he equally "honest" in other respects? For instance, is he open, "aboveboard," and genuine when he deals with others? Or, is he deceitful? Does he use crafty, underhanded methods, perhaps spreading rumors and lies to discredit others as a means of advancing his own ambitions?

Truth is that most valuable yet rarest of commodities.
quote]

very true indeed, but there are many things going on in this world that have no thoughts of truth in them , and many are decieved by them.

and then those who are decieved by untruths go on to promote the untruths. just as you have done .

but some are not decieved and can see very plainly that untruths are promoted by the one that started the first ever lie . and those who have knowledge of truth know just who that is .

A knowledge of God’s truth frees man from slavery to wrong ideas

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32) :)

You know, this could have been an interesting discussion on the dilemma of telling the truth in different settings had it not been for a link promoting a particular religion.

or it could have been an interesting discuusison on the telling the truth in different settings, had it not been for a link promoting lies about Jehovahs witnesses ,but as we can see many are in opposition to telling truth but they are after promoting lies which is after all the opposite of truth .

or it could have been an interesting discuusison on the telling the truth in different settings, had it not been for a link promoting lies about Jehovahs witnesses ,but as we can see many are in opposition to telling truth but they are after promoting lies which is after all the opposite of truth .
Namaste mee,

When you post your onesided links to the Watchtower you open yourself up to opposing links. If you'd like to counter the lies specifically it would be valuable. However if you wish to discuss truthfulness, it would be valuable to do so without linking to the Watchtower as whatever your motives are, folks are assuming you are attempting to get more into your fold. If you'd like different results you need to change stripes.

If you'd like discussion, discuss. If you don't wish arrows and barbs, quit putting up targets.

Namaste mee,

When you post your onesided links to the Watchtower you open yourself up to opposing links. quote]

so are you saying that Jehovahs witnesses mentioning about truthfullness is wrong? because thats what the Artical is talking about .

are you saying that Jehovahs witnesses should not print things ?
if it was printed by anyone else would that be ok .

not sure what you mean when you say it is onesided.:confused: ....... its talking about if we should be truthful in our dealings with others .
and i would have thought that all people would be interested in that especially those who are looking to be an honest person

Greed and selfish ambition are the motives that impel many people to lie

Greed and selfish ambition are the motives that impel many people to lie

No s**t Sherlock!! Yet you say that and that you want to talk about truth but dismiss the stories of 1000s of ex JW's who suffered systematic abuse within your church. These people are not liars, they are victims of abuse. I do not think you want to talk about truth at all, ironically, I think.... in fact I would go so far as to say I am certain.... that you were just proselytising again.

Tao

No s**t Sherlock!! Yet you say that and that you want to talk about truth but dismiss the stories of 1000s of ex JW's who suffered systematic abuse within your church. These people are not liars, they are victims of abuse. I do not think you want to talk about truth at all, ironically, I think.... in fact I would go so far as to say I am certain.... that you were just proselytising again.

Tao
its good to know that the teachings that the Jehovahs witnesses promote are always based on good bible teachings . and child abuse is certainly not one of the teachings of Jehovahs witnesses . and you trying to decieve others into thinking that it is are promoting a lie .

which has nothing to do with truth.

many people do evil things in this world and its good to know that Jehovahs organization instructs ones how to live according to good bible ways. but if a person decided to dismiss good instruction from the bible, it is not the organizations fault , the fault lies with that individual. and they would be living a lie . but Jehovahs teachings are always good instruction for mee.

And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it peoples must stream. 2 And many nations will certainly go and say: "Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 3 And he will certainly render judgment among many peoples, and set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. They will not lift up sword, nation against nation, neither will they learn war anymore. 4 And they will actually sit, each one under his vine and under his fig tree, and there will be no one making [them] tremble; for the very mouth of Jehovah of armies has spoken [it].
MICAH 4;4

yes the word of Jehovah is being taught and it is very good :) so those who are after truth are climbing that mountain and learning Good bible based teachings.

this thread was talking about truthfullness , but as we have plainly seen many are in opposition to truthfullness and would rather promote distraction. my focus is on good things its better than bad things .

Back