Is jesus christ ....god ?

M

mee

Is Jesus Christ God?

Jesus has long been acknowledged as the greatest man who ever lived. Is he also Almighty God?

Questions about Jesus’ real identity became common among people of his day, so Jesus asked his apostles who people were saying he was.

“Some say John the Baptist,” they replied, “others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets”—all of whom were then dead.

Afterward Jesus asked: “‘You, though, who do you say I am?’ In answer Simon Peter said: ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’” Even the demons—wicked angels—said of Jesus: “You are the Son of God.

MATTHEW 16;13-16 LUKE 4;41

Yes he is God, he is part of God(Elohim), that is the Word of God, the Son of God, the Lamb of God sitting on the throne in heaven receiving worship as God. One only needs to ask from reading the bible in its entirety, who is the saviour, who is the redeemer, who is I Am, who is alpha and omega, who is Light, who is judge, who is creator?

If Jesus Christ was god why did he say:-

John 14:28 You heard me say to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.

and

John 14:31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go hence.

These and other references are making it hard for me to fully understand the Trinity.

If Jesus Christ was god why did he say:-

John 14:28 You heard me say to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.

and

John 14:31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go hence.

These and other references are making it hard for me to fully understand the Trinity.
Very true, the bible does not teach the trinity.

its best to stick to what the bible really teaches , and the words of Jesus teach us well.

the father is greater than Jesus, and Jesus does as he was commanded because he loves his father JEHOVAH :)

how many times do we have to have this thread?

Its good isnt it:)

i like to put over the bibles point of view it sets us straight.

And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him." luke 9;35

that is Jesus father talking and his name is JEHOVAH THE MOST HIGH
psalm 83;18

and he is telling who Jesus is . HIS SON :) NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH :)

Is Jesus Christ God?

Jesus has long been acknowledged as the greatest man who ever lived. Is he also Almighty God?

Questions about Jesus’ real identity became common among people of his day, so Jesus asked his apostles who people were saying he was.

“Some say John the Baptist,” they replied, “others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets”—all of whom were then dead.

Afterward Jesus asked: “‘You, though, who do you say I am?’ In answer Simon Peter said: ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’” Even the demons—wicked angels—said of Jesus: “You are the Son of God.

So then, your final stance is that Jesus is NOT God. Correct?

So then, your final stance is that Jesus is NOT God. Correct?
:) shall we let the bible have the final aurthority it is better than mens thoughts.

and even better it is Jesus himself who is making known that the father is greater than he is .

its good to stick to the pure word of God , we do not get misled to believe other things not inline with the bible .

Jesus knew that he was not equal to his Father but in every way was in a subordinate position.

He knew that he was a beloved Son who had deep love for his Father.

That is why, time and again, Jesus made statements such as the following: "The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing." (John 5:19)

"I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38)

"What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me." (John 7:16)

"I know him [God], because I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth." (John 7:29)

The one who does the sending is the superior. The one who is sent is the lesser, the servant.

God is the sender. Jesus is the one who is sent. They are not the same.

As Jesus expressed it: "A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one that is sent forth greater than the one that sent him."—John 13:16.

Jesus himself said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28) We should believe Jesus, for he surely knew the truth about his relationship to his Father.

the bible sets us straight in all kinds of ways :)

:) shall we let the bible have the final aurthority it is better than mens thoughts.

and even better it is Jesus himself who is making known that the father is greater than he is .

its good to stick to the pure word of God , we do not get misled to believe other things not inline with the bible .

Jesus knew that he was not equal to his Father but in every way was in a subordinate position.

He knew that he was a beloved Son who had deep love for his Father.

That is why, time and again, Jesus made statements such as the following: "The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing." (John 5:19)

"I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38)

"What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me." (John 7:16)

"I know him [God], because I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth." (John 7:29)

The one who does the sending is the superior. The one who is sent is the lesser, the servant.

God is the sender. Jesus is the one who is sent. They are not the same.

As Jesus expressed it: "A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one that is sent forth greater than the one that sent him."—John 13:16.

Jesus himself said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28) We should believe Jesus, for he surely knew the truth about his relationship to his Father.

the bible sets us straight in all kinds of ways :)

In other words, "no" jesus is not god...

Is Jesus Christ God?

Mee, I agree with you in the fact that Jesus himself never said " I m God". It is only a matter of interpretation.

YET, I disagree with you concerning your saying that Jesus is the son of God if you mean it in the literal sense. The son of God only means a good, righteous`man as the son of devil would only means a bad man. How can you neglect the following scriptures, Mee?!!!!

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father thedevil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.(John capter 8)

In order to provide salvation for mankind, The Father sent the Word of God to be born as a man, so he might be a one-time sacrifice that pleased Him enough to forgive man's sins if we have faith and believe in Him who was sent in the name of the Father. To do this the Word of God had to leave his position in heaven with God as God and become a man born under the law, and then be crucified, then from a humbled state be exalted back to the Father. So the Father's will is done by his Son who is sent to us so we might be saved by grace in His Son's name, Jesus, who is our Lord God and Saviour. This is how much God loves us, this is how God makes Himself known to us, and this is how we are redeemed, all of which is through Christ Jesus. And this is also explains Jesus' role and position. It is not that he is not God, but his position differs from the Father's, and from the Spirit's. Just like we are all equal here to each other, a man is not worth more than a woman, but we get married and become one flesh, yet the man is the head of the family; just as Christ is the head of the church, and the Father is the head of Christ.

In other words, "no" jesus is not god...

:)Jesus is not the ALMIGHTY , and Jesus is not the MOST HIGH

psalm 83;18

but he sure is a MIGHTY GOD

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD ,

(Or, "Mighty Divine One." Heb., ’El Gib·bohr´ (not ’El Shad·dai´ as in Ge 17:1, )

Eternal Father, Prince of Peace

. 7 To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.ISAIAH 9;6-7

Mee, I agree with you in the fact that Jesus himself never said " I m God". It is only a matter of interpretation.

YET, I disagree with you concerning your saying that Jesus is the son of God if you mean it in the literal sense. The son of God only means a good, righteous`man as the son of devil would only means a bad man. How can you neglect the following scriptures, Mee?!!!!

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father thedevil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.(John capter 8)

yes ,Jesus said to them: "If God were YOUR Father, YOU would love me, for from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth.
john 8; 42

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
john 3;16

19 Therefore, in answer, Jesus went on to say to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing.
For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

20 For the Father has affection for the Son and shows him all the things he himself does, and he will show him works greater than these, in order that YOU may marvel.

21 For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes those alive whom he wants to. 22 For the Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son,

23 in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. 24 Most truly I say to YOU, He that hears my word and believes him that sent me has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgment but has passed over from death to life.john 5;19-24

But when the full limit of the time arrived, GOD SENT FORTH HIS SON who came to be out of a woman and who came to be under law, galatians 4;4

I believe Jesus is G-d. There are verses that insinuate the fact:

JOHN 10;30
I and the Father are one.

Or, "at unity." Lit., "one (thing)." Gr., hen, neuter, to show oneness in cooperation

This verse is not meaning that Jesus is the same as God, it is meaning they are in unity and show oneness in cooperation.

and as we can see from the bible, Jesus spoke about his followers also being one .

in order that they may all be one,
(Or, "at unity." Lit., "one (thing)." Gr., hen, neuter, to show oneness in cooperation.)

just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. john 17;21

its all about being in unity of purpose. being in unity of purpose does not make his followers God ,they are just inline with Gods purpose and are in unity and cooperation:)
its the same with Jesus and his father, Jesus is working inline with his purpose

I believe Jesus is G-d. There are verses that insinuate the fact:

john 8;58

58 Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.

yes Jesus was in Existence Before Abraham

Joh 8:58—"before Abraham came into existence, I have been"

Gr., πρὶν᾿Αβραὰμ γενέσθαι γὼ εμί
(prin A·bra·am´ ge·ne´sthai e·go´ ei·mi´)

Jesus was in the heavens with his father Jehovah before he came to earth , he had a pre-human life in the heavens ,and he was created by his father before Abraham was born

yes ,Jesus said to them: "If God were YOUR Father, YOU would love me, for from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth.
john 8; 42

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.
john 3;16

19 Therefore, in answer, Jesus went on to say to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing.
For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

20 For the Father has affection for the Son and shows him all the things he himself does, and he will show him works greater than these, in order that YOU may marvel.

21 For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes those alive whom he wants to. 22 For the Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son,

23 in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. 24 Most truly I say to YOU, He that hears my word and believes him that sent me has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgment but has passed over from death to life.john 5;19-24

But when the full limit of the time arrived, GOD SENT FORTH HIS SON who came to be out of a woman and who came to be under law, galatians 4;4

Mee, you didnt answer my question. The son of God only means a good man, as the son of devil only means a bad man. On what basis you interpret Jesus as the son of God litterly, but others as the sons of God symbolically? And how can you interpret Jesus as the son of God literly, and others as sons of the devil symbolically?

Jesus was in the heavens with his father Jehovah before he came to earth , he had a pre-human life in the heavens ,and he was created by his father before Abraham was born

Mee, I wonder if this is your own interpretation or you depend on some scriptures? if there are any scriptures, I would be grateful if you share them with us.

Back