if i disappear you will know why

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mee, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saltmeister

Saltmeister The Dangerous Dinner

Mee, what country do you live in?

Please answer the question. You make posts in English but it doesn't mean you live in an English-speaking country.

If you tell me what country you live in then maybe I can explain to you why people don't listen to you.

2. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

...lol.

Mee is, from England.

3. Nick_A

Nick_A Interfaith Forums

Mee

Of course it isn't wanted. The world hates its message as it must since the world functions in spiritual darkeness and the sacred offers a light and an alarm clock. As we know the alarm clock is the most cursed out mechanical device but still necessary. But is it our obligation to argue with it or understand it? Do you as a JW feel any obligation to listen to another in real life or is it only your obligation to teach?

Watch this trailor for a soon to be released documentary. Notice the effect Simone Weil's abilty to listen to another had on another. I'm not suggesting we have this abilty but do we at least have a fraction of it or do we only listen to ourselves?

To listen to another doesn't mean to agree or lie about platitudes but just becoming open to them. This is ancient Christianity and it is still true.

In PC times this is considered tolerance but that is just blind pacification. I'm referring to becoming open to the impressions of another. This is far from toleration and very difficult.

Watch the video and honestly tell me if either you or others you know have really listened to another without teaching. Would you think it is a quality that would be beneficial for us without the need for any PC jargon or teaching a faith but just from developing the ability to listen to another?

YouTube - An Interview with Simone Weil trailer

4. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

The present is what it has always been about ... yesterday, today and tomorrow ...

D'you think? I'm not so sure ... I rather think concentration on 'where we are' removes us from 'where we are'? I would rather be in the flow, than outside, looking at the flow in relation to other things?

Matthew 18:3 "And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
    Children, it seems to me, often have no conception of time ... if you've ever watched a child lost in play ... there is heaven on earth ...

"Wherefore be you also ready, because at what hour you know not the Son of man will come." Matthew 24:44
    Good citation Mee! But again, it says you'll never know the day nor the hour, so speculation about this or that is pointless...

"Be you then also ready: for at what hour you think not, the Son of man will come." Luke 24:40

So I think the message is, don't worry about the time, just be ready all the time ... contemplation of The Lord, and doing His will, that's the 'one thing necessary' (Luke 10:42) ... everything else is a distraction ...

Follow the advice of ther Ancients: Act as if He is already here.

Thomas
    (ps: He is — 'Christ is risen indeed!')

5. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

:D along with a part of the great crowd of others.... rev7;9-10

we get everywhere dont we:) and we all have the pure talk of truth

6. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

very true ,

7. iBrian

iBrian Peace, Love and Unity Admin

This is an interfaith site - it is not a place for salesmen and unfortunately this is what you have become.

I've tried to make a huge amount of allowance for you, supported you in public, sent you encouragement and guidance in private, but these are ignored.

I can only make so much room for you, but if you ignore my requests, try to sell to the people here, then this makes you inconsiderate to the purpose and community of the site.

I'll be honest - I'm not going to manually remove you - but I have laid out the rules clearly to you, and everytime you openly break them, you will be infracted. And after a couple of infractions, you face being automatically suspended by the forum software from the site for a few weeks.

So unless you're happy to try and fit in with the community, instead of trying to fit the community around yourself, then you face nothing more fun than a series of automatic suspensions, one after another, because you can't follow the same rules as everyone else.

You may think you get brownie points witnessing at other people here, but it encourages nobody, enlightens nobody, and benefits nobody.

If you don't believe me, pick a few general religious websites you don't agree with, sign up for their daily newsletters, and see whether those emails preaching at you make it feel worth your time and effort. Then realise that you are doing the same at the people here.

I have nothing against you, mee, and I'm happy for you to stay - but I have to look at the overall community, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

8. winner08

winner08 New Member

Hello Mee. Listen your in a no win situation. You and the JW have what they believe is the truth. Nobody can tell you different. You can not tell anybody else different. What they believe is what they believe. No matter how much scripture you post dosn't mean a thing. All you are doing is boreing people with these pasted scripture. It would be better if you would through some personality in there. I have my truth and it is backed by scripture. That is where the problem lies. People are going to read a scripture and they will make it fit into there belief system. I read a certain scripture and you read the same and we will have two different truths. I hardly ever post because there is really no purpose for me to do so. People here who have read my post know what I believe and they believe otherwise. Your bangging your head against a brick wall. If you want to relate to people show yourself in your words and not pasted scripture. If they are like me, when I see your name I already know what the post is going to consist of. Anyway good luck.

9. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

10. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

11. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

12. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

No mee, you cut and paste what your church has provided on their website.

Although you maybe correct it is us with the problem, and it isn't with biblical truth or belief, it is with your tendencies which you don't wish to change.

If you disappear it won't be because you believe in what the bible teaches or you discuss what the bible teaches, it will be because you are playing in someone elses sandbox and can't abide. Becuase you've been asked by numerous people, numerous times, numerous ways to play nice and quit throwing sand in other people's eyes and claiming G!d told you to.

Surely you will go back to your compatriots and claim martyrship, "they got rid of me because I told the truth!' and surely your compatriots will all chorus yeah, mee what a fine withness you are. And out of your thousands of posts I don't believe you caused one, not one here to be interested in your church beliefs. Quite the opposite, you've got them driving by kingdom halls wondering if everyone who walks thru those doors is like mee, and feeling sorry for their coworkers and neighbors.

Yes back to the sandbox analogy, when someone has created a nice place for the kids to come to play, to discuss, to imagine, and the cat keeps coming in and doing its business...eventually they tire of cleaning up after the cat and scolding the cat and have to get rid of the cat.

That is if that cat can't learn.

13. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

The "kitchen" is hot as "hell". And standard "recipies" don't make for come back customers. Trick is to take the base recipy and add a little spice, or a different way of preparing the "meal". Then people become curious.

For example Mee, in what way has God changed your life? Hmmm? What impact have you had on others because of God?

I know atheists who have had significant impact (good impact) on their fellow man, and I cry for them because they had no faith. But I feel bad for you, because your faith is without foundation, no substance...you just wait for the end, while people suffer, and you could make a difference. Yet you sit here and quote all the good stuff, without one thing to show for it.

There are "billboards" and there are "builders". Billboards are ignored...

Builders are not, because there is something new being created and that catches our attention.

what and/or who are you?

14. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

15. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

16. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

yes indeed

17. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

18. mee

mee Interfaith Forums