clwyf y marchogion

T

Tao_Equus

Hello everybody and greetings from the valleys of Wales!
I am an agnostic but am interested in the enduring legacy of religion on society. I am happy to find a place where all voices are welcome and look forward to listening and sharing with you all :)

Welcome! I am curious what "clwyf y marchogion" translates to in USA language?

Also, I assume that you have read all 10,000 of the threads created prior to this introduction. Pop quiz!

Welcome! I am curious what "clwyf y marchogion" translates to in USA language?

Also, I assume that you have read all 10,000 of the threads created prior to this introduction. Pop quiz!

Thank you :)

It is difficult to translate precisely but it is a greeting.

Do 10,000 threads constitute a string? a rope? Now a rope has many uses!

Welcome to Interfaith.org. All I know in Welsh is nos da which is hardly appropriate this time of day.

I know a gallic word too!!! They used in that Clint Eastwood flick
Million Dollar Baby... you know the one that meant "my sweetheart"

...wait...

no i don't...
confused-smiley-17485.gif

i knew a welshman a long time ago, and he tried to teach me how to say the name of that village, ( you know, the one with the longest name in the world).... all I can remember is that it sounded like..........
clan vy biscuit tin .....................................................................gor gor goch.(LOL) please dont be offended by my lack of language skills. lol.

i knew a welshman a long time ago, and he tried to teach me how to say the name of that village, ( you know, the one with the longest name in the world).... all I can remember is that it sounded like..........
clan vy biscuit tin .....................................................................gor gor goch.(LOL) please dont be offended by my lack of language skills. lol.

You must mean
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Or Lllanfair PG as it is more usually called :p

[/FONT]

Hey! I'm half welsh (and proud of it)
Welcome to the forum and have fun. North or South Wales?

I am an agnostic but am interested in the enduring legacy of religion on society. I am happy to find a place where all voices are welcome and look forward to listening and sharing with you all :)

Welcome I am from Llanddewi Brefi!!!!! :D!!! And I'm the only gay in the village.....

Hi there ,some voices are louder than other voices , but its good not to drown out the little voice . They just might be singing a new song , that is most beneficial to us .

Sing to Jehovah a new song.
Sing to Jehovah, all [YOU people of] the earth.psalm 96;1​

Back