Greetings All

Reaction score
My wife turned me on to this site and I’m glad she did- it’s a very cool site.
I was raised in a Baptist Church- literally. I went to church every Sunday and Wednesday. I was there for school during the week and on Saturdays I was there for whatever youth group I was involved with. This lasted until I was less than politely booted out of my parent’s house the day after I turned 17. Since then I have been to church maybe 10 times in 16 years.
I am not religious although I enjoy discussing religion. I believe that there is some kind of higher intelligence but not sure what that higher intelligence is. I do not believe that “God” is the way many religions teach nor do I believe that we all came from two people (Adam & Eve). The theory of evolution seems a bit off as well. It’s as difficult to believe that we evolved from a puddle of chemicals as it is to believe that some mysterious being spoke and we appeared.
Until very recently my wife and I have not been able to have theological discussions because she always felt I was attacking her beliefs. This was mostly because of my style of questioning which I like to think forces people to really think about why they believe what they believe. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone it really is not my intention.

Hi Tom, eventually, I get to listen more to silence, or keep silent around others' talking, but writing is ok, to a point. It's as if I listen to things that have never had a voice before, in me, to give. We are coming into a time where a great listening skill will be needed in the world. We are all on the verge of a tremendous change. It's not just about belief, but experiences of cosmic connectedness. Ok, I'm wrong.

Hi and welcome :)

As there is a well established Thomas already here you will probably be stuck referred to as DT now. Which may be more appropriate for a more fundamentalist voice than yours. I hope this place helps you to understand evolution theory and change your mind on the liklihood of that real gensis.

I believe that there is some kind of higher intelligence but not sure what that higher intelligence is. .
Oh he is on here too, his name is *deep multidirectional voice heavy on the reverb* China Cat Sunflower !

Best wishes

Tao

My wife turned me on to this site and I’m glad she did- it’s a very cool site.
I was raised in a Baptist Church- literally. I went to church every Sunday and Wednesday. I was there for school during the week and on Saturdays I was there for whatever youth group I was involved with. This lasted until I was less than politely booted out of my parent’s house the day after I turned 17. Since then I have been to church maybe 10 times in 16 years.
I am not religious although I enjoy discussing religion. I believe that there is some kind of higher intelligence but not sure what that higher intelligence is. I do not believe that “God” is the way many religions teach nor do I believe that we all came from two people (Adam & Eve). The theory of evolution seems a bit off as well. It’s as difficult to believe that we evolved from a puddle of chemicals as it is to believe that some mysterious being spoke and we appeared.
Until very recently my wife and I have not been able to have theological discussions because she always felt I was attacking her beliefs. This was mostly because of my style of questioning which I like to think forces people to really think about why they believe what they believe. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone it really is not my intention.

hi thomas look we are made from stardust, really! my sons middle name is thomas and he doubts that too...one day...welcome!

So When you say near Philly, is that Montgomeryville? Dublin? Levittown?
Maybe even Quakertown? :)

Hi and welcome :)

As there is a well established Thomas already here you will probably be stuck referred to as DT now. Which may be more appropriate for a more fundamentalist voice than yours. I hope this place helps you to understand evolution theory and change your mind on the liklihood of that real gensis.

Oh he is on here too, his name is *deep multidirectional voice heavy on the reverb* China Cat Sunflower !

Best wishes

Tao

Pfftttt!

Chris

I miss PA in the spring, my Mom lives up in Q-Town, my Dad up in Allentown :)

You were booted? For doing what?

Hmmm...long story short version-

My Mother was an over bearing religious zealot who was convinced Televisions and video games would lead us all to hell. so they werent allowed in the house. I got a job at a lumber mill and after a few months I asked my father if i could buy a tv, super nintendo and a lock for my bedroom door. The Idea was to lock my door so my siblings couldn't access my room but give my parents access whenever they wanted. My father agreed- my mother didn't and told me that I had to leave since I couldnt follow her rules.

DoubtingThomas is simply forum, and Im not from here - I just ended up here.:eek:

Ah shame, I had a friend on a christian site who was a satanist... Wicked fellow damned to hell so he is.... But such a beautiful smile he offered with his delightfully sharp humour.... Same handle same area as you so you know I thought... Hey, could my buddy be back... Oh well Welcome again to the forums have fun peace be upon yee.

Back