Reputation system

Wil..... I am not speaking of rep... lol the fact remains there are little gangs it is clear as day man.....
Again, I guess I don't see it. Of course I had the same issue in high school. We had Jocks, Greasers, Rednecks, Blacks, Hispanics, Nerds, Freaks, Preppies, Oreos, etc... I was a member of none...and communicated, danced in and amongst all.

And here I'd say I'm furthest from the pagans, hindus and buddhists in regular discussion (I read but can't keep up or understand all that is discussed), and then there are those I often bump heads with I still dance with them all.

Some of the groups I don't think are connected by religion.....

Like I'll admit I only mingle with a few here.. and some I avoid... I think most do that lol.

I mingle with the fun people and avoid the scary ones. and Dont ask for names for the scary ones because I wont tell. :p

:D lol....I got Brian too ;)

I'm repped out but you know this can only end in tears.

(Unlike love, apparently you can give out too much repping in one go, so my suggestion above is a non-starter.)

s.

I've never paid much attention to rep systems. I've seen some forums where it's turned into a mutual admiration society, and so you have a clique few who have generated a massive amount of rep points in a short time. Personally, I'd rather get praise from a reply post, and even then only sparingly, lest my pride (cough, cough) get the better of me.

Perhaps it would be a better world if those with lesser rep could not ban those with the greater rep, eh Tao? ;)

Sometimes this rep thing can go too far.

I just joined InterfaithForums.com and their rep system includes (copied from somebody's rep, not mine):

Coins: 18,270.31
Bank: 5,490.54
Total Coins: 23,760.84

Crazy. So now we can be karmic bankers. :rolleyes:

Sometimes this rep thing can go too far.

I just joined InterfaithForums.com and their rep system includes (copied from somebody's rep, not mine):

Coins: 18,270.31
Bank: 5,490.54
Total Coins: 23,760.84

Crazy. So now we can be karmic bankers. :rolleyes:

For most of history, including in Buddhism, the churches and temples have been nothing if not banks. I see it as entirely in keeping with ancient tradition ;)

I have created several logins over there....'Tao_Equus', 'Greymare', 'Alex P', 'I, Brian'....still working on more but am running out of email addresses.

Hahahahahaha! Just kidding!

Back