Reputation system

I have created several logins over there....'Tao_Equus', 'Greymare', 'Alex P', 'I, Brian'....still working on more but am running out of email addresses.

Cool!!! How many infractions you got me so far?

You are a JW who is a reincarnated samuraii, so you get banned about once a month.

I, Brian listened to the members and implemented the embedded YouTube function.

I for one would vote to do away with the reputation system and just let the words do the talking.

All these awards and such seem unusual and unnecessary to me.
But, each to their own.

Ok, changed this so now only need to rep 5 people before you can rep the same person again - down from 15.

Ok, changed this so now only need to rep 5 people before you can rep the same person again - down from 15.

I would urge you to end the reputation system altogether.

The words in one's posts should be sufficient in establishing one's reputation.

I don't really get the purpose of the rep system, to be honest. I feel badly because I generally forget it is there, so I tend to forget to rep posts that I think are nifty.

It also took me until a short while ago, when Wil told me, to figure out what the green boxes were. LOL Guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake with features outside of "reply" and "quote." :eek:

Originally posted by path_of_one
It also took me until a short while ago, when Wil told me, to figure out what the green boxes were. LOL Guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake with features outside of "reply" and "quote." :eek:

You and me both, child. You and me both. :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

So there you go I,Brian. Three votes to do away with the rep system.

I think that's a majority.

What are you waiting for?

Right now the moderation system stops watching new people after 10 or so posts. Would it be hard to script on further rewards based on post count, no bans, or keeping an active account ? Suppose if after 100 posts, days, goodness they got a shiny button or some extra search privileges (considered zero monetary value, of course)?
How about this? After 100 posts we could sort everyone into different Philosophy schools. (Like Harry Potter sorting hat) After 100 posts a you go to the hat sorting thread to find out whether you are Sophist, Pythagorean or what.
For reps the lower number is interesting. We could even do a rep gang, sort of pump it up to 5 bars for everybody. I could start super rep'ing everybody today, but first I will need 5 volunteers.

Or we could do what they do at interfaithforums.com (screen grab example below)

citizenzen-albums-my-silly-stuff-picture1013-interfaithforums.gif

[whiney voice] I want coins... gimme coins! I want karma. I wanna flower... I wanna medal. Why can't I have a medal?

Believe me, I don't want to end up sounding like that... but I would, given half a chance.

[whiney voice] He got a light bulb and I didn't! How come he gets a light bulb? I'm waaay smarter than he is!

I'm still using it - it's a great way to note that you agree with someone, without gumming a thread with "I agree!" posts. :)

Btw, Tao and CZ, you're ranked pretty high in the community according to the rep system:
Interfaith forums - Members List

Back