God & god - "Know ye not that ye are gods?"

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Brad Watson Miami, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Bhaktajan II

Bhaktajan II Hare Krishna Yogi

Knowledge by “negation”​

1. more than the dried-up brains of an old fop.
    2. maintaining that dry, shriveled-up mass
    3. don't let stand in the way!
    4. wish to alienate yourself from man,
    5. that is your dubious - right.
    6. it doesn't make you right, or even praiseworthy
    7. your stubbornness, your hesitation & mistrust, your fear
    8. informed & enlightened viewpoint & experiences than you have yet
    9. whisper dark things
    10. self-styled dry vacuousness
    11. believe that horse-hockey
    12. so hopelessly SIDETRACKED
    13. get over your obsession
    14. Your limitations
    15. You have failed
    16. to apply the Imagination
    17. How else could a man argue, insist on such foolishness?
    18. The issue here is that you just can't fathom
    19. blow smoke up your ass-hat
    20. your COLD REASONing
    21. something which I do wish YOU could[do]) ...
    22. our resident doubter
    23. "NOPE! NO GOOD!"
    24. No, old chap
    25. God's not HERE, or THERE
    26. God isn't waiting for the likes of
    27. that just wouldn't be fitting,
    28. old crucified Jesus sad-man
    29. quite helpless to you . . .for Goodness sake!
    30. even given two good eyes ...
    31. an old blighter needs the company of his peers

Well, the intentions are good???

Wow if an elder had spoken to Thomas this way when Thomas was a child . . . Thomas would really be confused as an adult.

2. Ecumenist

Ecumenist New Member

Yes, quite, I am as bothered by the childishness as anyone, so although I am right in all that I *know* ... your observation is correct:

While I notice much, I cannot correct (where or what, or as) with what I do not ___.

Good show then, Bhaktajan, for all I might know arhan;
    But don't forget, two wrongs don't make the [any/one] right
    It's what do we (and how we do it) which calls the shots
    Come the end of the day, and beginning of Night [pralaya].

So that's the answer to another of Thomas' questions; I'd gladly provide more of them ... but part of me, also, still wants to best him. It's undeniable, for I can't stand an old fool making an ass of God. Let him, if he wants to keep it simple, just nod ... and make an ass of himself. I'll do it too, as I'm a right naughty little person.

His lot
    have silenced Truth-tellers by the I almost thought to say 1000s. What I mean, of course is millions, but the vehemence which I feel ... well, it's no difference. Never in that sense is FORCE ~ a correct answer.

It's a difficult sword. It cuts both ways. I cannot justify any harm I do, yet there are some folks whose heads I assert, belong on that plate. And I would gladly trade ... oh I'll leave that alone.

After all, who would I be, if I ceased the effort to [take my ~]

3. Ecumenist

Ecumenist New Member

No less I am an elder and was once taught and tasked to look after every child. It just seems I will occasionally toss out the window, with mercy, tender and ~.

God willing the Mother takes care of that. And she will, one way or ...

But keep jabbering about the lack of the christ within
    [some will do],
    and string me up if you like; call it as you see it ~ ye who are w/o __.

4. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

OK. Doesn't make you right though, does it. :eek:

You're really very tiresome, d'you know that? As usual, plenty of spite and spittle, but no substance.

When you have anything to say worth listening to, I'll be here.

Thomas

5. Ahanu

Ahanu Well-Known Member

I agree with you here, Thomas.

This is interesting. Can you give an example of how "being one with" can't stand up to logical examination?

6. Timothy R Tolzmann

Timothy R Tolzmann New Member

Pantheon connotes, or at least implies, that the gods are not part of a monotheistic religious group. I think it is fair to state that. But if we take god or gods to mean sons of God or Sons of God, then we can say they are Christian or Jewish or Islamic or of the Bahai Faith. Or of any monotheistic religion(s) with precede them. If we take the question mark off of the end of the quote, it would mean that, "You are gods but don't know it."

7. Timothy R Tolzmann

Timothy R Tolzmann New Member

Immortality by definition is never lost. If Adam had been immortal, then he still is. Each of us is immortal, but we may or may not be consciously aware of our divine status. (Only that which is absolute is eternal.) Each and every one of us has an eternal, or absolute, aspect; and everyone living has a relative, or temporal, aspect. Perhaps the last half of the last sentence needs elaboration. Everyone who has not died to his relative or temporal nature is already dead. The apostle Paul wrote (I'm sorry I don't know where it is recorded--it may be in the epistle to the Hebrews.) "I die daily." I die twice daily, myself. We die to our mortal nature and we gain immortality consciously. How do Paul (or how did Paul) and I do this? We repent. We turn back to God, our source. How do we turn back? We have come from Heaven. "Know ye not that the Kingdom of Heaven is within ye?"

8. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I see 'I die daily' very similar to 'ya can't step in the same river twice.'.

Just like each day, each moment that river moves on, and the molecules of water and earth are new to me... So am I.

I have had new experiences, new thought, and am born anew with this. I am not who I was yesterday as each encounter, each thought has made a revision.

If they were for the better or the worse...that is another story.

9. Ruh Ishq

Ruh Ishq Member

This division is flawed, the languages in question had no capital letters...

If you understand the One, all else is just mental.

10. Ahanu

Ahanu Well-Known Member

Baha'i scholar Abu'l-Fadl connected such verses from Psalms with Acts 28.1-6, interpreting "gods" to mean "saints". Here's his reasoning below for doing so:

I haven't quoted it above, but he ends this topic saying in ancient times the term "gods" was borrowed from the surrounding culture. Hence the Psalms have that borrowed meaning.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  11. Ruh Ishq

Ruh Ishq Member

Yes, those who dissolve in the One are rightly saints.

They have known and now live utterly in Divine Love, but of course we still see only their form, their appearance.

If you are sensitive enough, though, you sense in such beings of every tradition an overwhelming Love.

Such Love cuts us off utterly from our mind, if we do not escape it goes on drawing us deeper into the heart.

Called as a sage, pir, guru, lama, it doesn't matter.

God is Love.

When you live as Love, how can any distinction be made?

When lovers meet, only love is there.

There cannot be two loves.

12. roywilljenks

roywilljenks New Member

Interesting read! Thanks

13. Wayne McMichael

Wayne McMichael New Member

I have not read all of the comments, but God is consciousness. There is only One God and One Consciousness. That energy streams into you, through you. You are not God, but God is you, you are god, a perspective of the whole, but not the whole, the Whole is infinite and you are not. BTW that streaming is what we perceive as the passing of time. It's really quite simple, but religion tries to complicate it for the purposes of control. Yes, God is as close as your thoughts, the Knowing that you are you. Every thought is a prayer, so be responsible:) Reject religion, it's just the mask we try to strap God with, it's vanity, and nothing more. Love you...

14. Bhaktajan II

" but God is consciousness." How do you know?

How do you know who your real father is? You ask your mother.

Knowledge comes from authority.

"religion tries to complicate it for the purposes of control." This is an immature statement.

Income tax instructions, dictatorships and credit card agreements are for the purposes of control.

15. Wayne McMichael

It's not abstract, it's reality. I asked God to show me, I don't need any other authority:) Take Christianity, it uses fear and hope for control, and the statement, "No one comes to the father except by me" that is control to the max. There is nothing between you and God, your own body is the temple:)

16. Bhaktajan II

Thank you for your reply.

It is every soul for themselves.

I have learnt that man seeks four items for subsistence:
    food, comfort, sex and shelter.

And then later, fame & distinction.

From the monarch to the street sweeper all seek these 4 pleasures ---and the more refined, the better.

Aside from this, there are the ascetics that chant the name and pastimes of Godhead ---all in preparation aiming their soul in the right direction upon passing away.

We are so minuscule. We are not independent. We are parts in a material machine cosmos.

otoh, credit card agreements are not abstract, they are reality.

We must serve the whole. And it is the etiquette toward others that will be cultivated by the 24/7 sum of your works.

Aside from the "Stuff" we gratify ourselves with ---there is the cultivated etiquette for Godhead's personage that must be in one's mind's eye at death so as to approach Godhead.

Substitute "Godhead" for anything imaginable ---for that too can be achieved most commonly with ease.

17. Bhaktajan II

Q. How do you know who your real father is?
    A. You ask your mother.

Ergo, we learn everything we know via instructions from others.

Every inventor build upon the shoulders and building block knowledge that went before them.

18. Wayne McMichael

Well... there is no legitimate "religion". Religion cannot exist without dogma, and dogma is the death of Spiritual growth. You must wake every day willing to reject everything you think you know for a higher consciousness. That is not religion, that is Gnosis. God is not an abstract concept... your body is literally "The Temple of God". Treat it and your very thoughts, with respect. Consciousness is the stream that flows through the Temple.

19. Bhaktajan II

God=The original Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is infinitely full in all opulences, specifically:
    God is the original person who possesses all Beauty, Fame, Intelligence, Power, Wealth, and Renunciation;

also,

God is the first person, with his own eternal and transcendental name, fame, form, personality, paraphernalia, entourage and pastime.

God's body is the absolute form of 'Sat-Chit-Ananda'—Eternity. Cognizance, and Bliss.

God, by definition [weather we have direct or indirect or very bad or very aboriginal teachers], is, with His own name, fame, form, personality, paraphernalia, entourage and pastimes in His own abode which we are separate from while living in a "world of forms" ---a world that reflects a state where "Forms are all in their primeval relation to the FIRST FORM [the personage of], God".

The Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the original persona, from whom all "personality" arises ---and the independent part and parcel souls that we are were created to engage in pastimes with other persons. God being the supreme person, we start to know the mystery of our temporal existence.

After many, many lives of philosophical research the wise man ultimately comes to the point of knowing that Supreme Personality of Godhead, is everything, and therefore he surrenders unto Him. Such serious students in philosophical research are rare because they are very great souls.

If by philosophical research one cannot come to the point of understanding the Supreme Person, then his task is not finished. His search in knowledge is still to be continued until he comes to the point of understanding the Supreme Lord in devotional service.

The Supreme Self-born Personality of Godhead is the All-Attractive originating reservoir of all Persona & Opulences.

PS: Absolute things are objective things.
    Non-Absolute things are Subjective things.

20. Anuran Bhattacharya

Anuran Bhattacharya New Member

I think it resonates with "God created man in his own image"
    It means we are basically God-like, just without our ignorance