I don't care....

If that was the case, what was the need to kill Ravana and Kamsa or for Arjuna to get into a war with Kauravas. Of course, wars are illusions; and Ravana and Kamsa were none other than Brahman. We have to play our part (nimitta) in the game (leela).

Exactly, those events simply were what was happening then, Krishna did not prefer peace to war, Arjuna felt bad though, he showed his ignorance - although to review Indian history, it seems most agreed with him.

There is much focus on controlling attachments on the spiritual paths, but equally important is aversion. Trying to get away from what is this moment is as bad as not being able to let it go, for both are fueled by an ego which is trying to control reality. Another direction of ego is towards indifference, many arrive at this too after an understanding of nonduality, but still it is a closed approach to now.

Compassion, a love for all that is encountered, arises naturally from seeing all is indivisible from you, life becomes a constant 'yes'. Each of the three directions, and indeed the nature of ego itself, is a type of 'no'.

The key to religion, love, and indeed this thread in a way is: accept.

One of my favorite teachers prefer to say admit because of its twofold meaning: allow in, and tell the truth about it. Since it is already here, on some level it has already been accepted by what you are. Any 'no' then simply creates an illusion that this isn't your doing already, it becomes impossible to fight reality because you would merely be in disagreement with yourself. Seeing this, gradually reality starts to help you, starts working with you, because you stop fighting it.

Life becomes the true individual, each moment is indivisible from us. So many fight with what they are, but it is impossible, it is just a thought happening in what we always have been.

.. Arjuna felt bad though, he showed his ignorance - although to review Indian history, it seems most agreed with him.
I do not think most people will agree with you. War against injustice was necessary in Mahabharata's time as it is necessary even now, if need be. You have not explained why Rama did not win over Ravana by compassion and why compassion was not used by Krishna while dealing with Kamsa. Why Jesus was crucified by jews and/or the Pilate and why Mohammad had to fight so many wars? The old man, Chanakya, was right when he said "Shathe shathyam" (treat a rogue with a thick wooden staff).

We fight wars because we choose to. We are willing to send thousands, tens of thousands to their deaths in war for peace.

We won't risk a dozen for peace though...peace without war.

We fight wars because rich people want what other rich people have, and the poor are made to follow.

There is nothing just about war. Can anyone name a war that was started for just cause?

Nice post Brian....why is it I can't give you any rep for that?

War for a just cause? If it was a just cause, we wouldn't have to 'just'ify it would we?

I do not think most people will agree with you. War against injustice was necessary in Mahabharata's time as it is necessary even now, if need be. You have not explained why Rama did not win over Ravana by compassion and why compassion was not used by Krishna while dealing with Kamsa. Why Jesus was crucified by jews and/or the Pilate and why Mohammad had to fight so many wars? The old man, Chanakya, was right when he said "Shathe shathyam" (treat a rogue with a thick wooden staff).

They were all necessary because of mass ignorance.

Man is stubborn in his delusion.

Thinking yourself to be this or that, often fighting for that view is seen as worthy. Yet, you have been convinced of it by people thinking only of their own greed and power.

Yet that Rama and Krishna thought their views worthy of convincing others also shows they are in maya - the only difference perhaps is that they know it. If you are aware that nothing ever touches what you are, you are prepared to allow whatsoever comes. Of course you also dislike seeing others suffer, but it isn't always possible to even make them see it.

We fight wars because rich people want what other rich people have, and the poor are made to follow.

There is nothing just about war. Can anyone name a war that was started for just cause?

Can a country involve itself in a war to bring about peace? Sending an armed peacekeeping force? Is there still greed involved?

Can a country involve itself in a war to bring about peace? Sending an armed peacekeeping force? Is there still greed involved?

There are certainly ulterior motives, and rather than greed, I would say those motives are power. This is one of the things I was pointing at though, why are we all taught loyalty to a nation? Where we are born is an accident, yet we are taught to let it define us, strange but certainly it is in the interests of the particular power in that country.

Yes....as a beneficiary of the lucky sperm club....I really can't figure out this patriotism stuff.

I hear different things about Gandhi...would appreciate hearing views from over there.....but MLK, he died, yet he made changes....without violence....Gandhi died....but made changes without violence...there is a a choice...

But I'm talking about something else. I'm guessing both of you are from the US, but where I'm from, we don't have patriotism.

WARNING: The following will appear as moral superiority, this is not the point I'm trying to make. Please don't take offence.

What I'm talking about is when a government send troops to foreign nations, saying that it is their moral obligation [The question I posed was if greed was still a factor]. I will post two videos to illustrate the contrast. These are the official Recruitment Ads to motivate the citizens to join the armed forces.

American Vs Swedish Recruitment Ads - YouTube

Swedish Recruitment Ad "Welcome to Our Reality" - YouTube

As long as you aren't physically or mentally harming, or stealing from others, I don't care.

I hear you. But religions have been stealing or "borrowing" from each other since the first religions were founded.

You guys are going thru a massive economic and industrial power change the past decades....corruption unfortunately is a given...i hope it works out ...

Wil
If you truely don't care,
Why
did you post your message?

Namaste Cliftor....

Because I do care...

I care about you, and those you encounter...

I care to bring more peace and harmony to the world and less discord....

I care about relationships and our planet....

I care about the treatment of our animals including our fellow man....

I care...about a lot of things....

I wrote about specific things I don't care about.....

I also don't care about what celebrities are doing...or who they are doing....

But I do care to answer your question and the opportunity to clarify the point.

thank you.

Back