Another Media "Star" Passed

Zsa Zsa Gabor passed away at the ripe old age of 99. She was more "famous" for her "offscreen" sh!t than her acting imho.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Both George Michael and Joey Boots died.

You might be more familiar with the former (pop "star" from the 1980s-2000s) but the latter was one of Howard Stern's "staff"/"people"...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Carrie Fisher just passed away. Yes, "Princess/General Leia". She was in the hospital after having a cardiac "incident" on a flight from London to Los Angeles. One of her survivors is another "unknown", Debbie Reynolds (her mother.)

Ricky Harris also passed, no known cause as of yet. He was mostly known as a character actor/comedian, with parts in Moesha and Everyone Hates Chris. One of his friends is an "unknown" rapper; Snoop Dogg.

Another passing that I just heard about: Richard Adams. You might be familiar with one of his books: Watership Down.

Last edited:
Just found out about another death last year (it was in December.) The gentleman was really unknown as was his work: Tyrus Wong.

"Who?" you ask?

Just one of the artists that worked on Bambi, especially the artwork for the forest scenes. Oh, and he participated in the artwork for other Disney and Warner Bros. projects. He was 106 years old/young.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Tony Rosato passed away at the age of 62.

"Who?" you ask?

He was on SCTV from 1977-1981 and SNL 1981-1982 plus he had a rather lengthy filmography (http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0711014/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1)

He suffered from Capgras syndrome/delusion, living his last days in a psychiatric hospital wrapped in his psychosis, which is heartbreaking for loved ones left behind.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Another one whom I just heard passed away: Tommy Allsup, succumbing to complications of a hernia surgery. He was 85.

"Who?"

He was one of the musicians affiliated with a little-known musician: Buddy Holly, playing on the Crickets last tour with their front-man. He was supposed to fly on the ill-fated flight, losing a coin-toss to the young Richie Valens (the Big Bopper traded with the late Waylon Jennings due to the Big Bopper feeling "under the weather".)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Showing my age on this one. Actor Dick Gautier, who received a 1961 Tony nomination for his turn as Conrad Birdie in "Bye Bye Birdie" and gained larger notoriety as Hymie the Robot on TV's "Get Smart," died Jan. 13, 2017. He was 85.

Miguel Ferrer has joined his parents at the age of 61.

"His parents?"

José Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney, both well-known performers in their own right.

Miguel succumbed to cancer after a decent career in the television/film industry (his filmography: http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0001208/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Mike Connors (91) and Jon Hurt (77) passed away.

"Who're they?" you ask?

Mike Connors was listed in roughly 109 roles, most famous for his 1967-1975 role as Mannix. Jon Hurt...where do I start?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Claude Hudson Trucks passed away at the age of 69 on January 24th from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"Who?" you ask?

You might know him better as Butch Trucks, the drummer and a founding member for The Allman Brothers Band.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Richard Hatch succumbed to pancreatic cancer at the age of 71.

"Who?"

The original Captain Apollo from Battlestar Galactica (he played a different character in the remake/reboot, which I haven't seen) along with just over one hundred other roles, starting out in 1971 up to now (he has a couple of projects either just released or about to be this year.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back