Another Media "Star" Passed

His most recent role was as a Klingon warlord in a fan movie that was trying to get funding to be made. It takes place just a decade or so before the original series. They did a 20 minute or so preview which was incredible. And he was wonderful!

The film is called Axanar and this preview is better than the 3 current Trek movies combined that have come out in recent years! Sadly Paramount threw their weight around and forced the project to be chopped from a full length movie to two 15 minute Youtube segments.

Al Jarreau just passed away.

"Who?"

His biggest "mainstream" hit was We're In This Love Together, but he was kinda big in "smooth jazz".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Joseph Wapner passed away February 26th at the ripe old age of 97.

"Who?" you ask?

Judge Wapner, the man who started The People's Court and did a stint on Animal Court. He was a retired Superior Court justice and his sons are also attorneys.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Joni Sledge passed away at the age of 60. The cause of death hasn't be determined as yet.

"Who?"

You might be familiar with a song that she was involved in: We Are Family by the group Sister Sledge.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I missed this one somehow, but a comic hero of mine passed on February 6th at the ripe old age of 102, Professor Irwin Cory.

profirwinc3_b2b.jpg

Just found out that Charles Edward Anderson Berry had passed at the age of 90.

"Who?" you ask?

Chuck Berry, one of the fathers of Rock and Roll.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just found out that Charles Edward Anderson Berry had passed at the age of 90.

"Who?" you ask?

Chuck Berry, one of the fathers of Rock and Roll.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I cannot help but tap my foot when I hear Johnny B Goode and smile when I see that scene from Back to the Future.

Charles Hirsch passed away at the age of 87.

"Who's that?" you ask?

Chuck Barris, mostly known as the host and/or producer of shows like The Gong Show, The Dating Game, and The Newlywed Game.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Sib Hashian passed away at the age of 67 during a performance.

"Who?"

He used to be the drummer for the band Boston. In fact, he was on the Legends of Rock cruise when he collapsed.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
John Geils and Charlie Murphy died. Geils was 71 and Murphy was 57, the former died from natural causes (nothing further on that) and the latter succumbed to leukemia.

"Who?" you ask?

John Geils, well-known in the late 1970s through the 1980s for his group, the J. Geils Band, while Charlie Murphy is better known through his brother (Eddie Murphy.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Emma Moran passed away this past weekend. She wasn't a media star, but she was unusual.

"What's so special about her?" you ask?

She was the last person born in 1899 still alive. Yes, she was 117 years old (celebrated her birthday not that long ago, in fact.)

I'm not sure if I'd like to live that long myself...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sylvia Moy passed away Friday at the age of 78 due to complications of pneumonia.

"Who's she?" you ask?

Well, for one, she was the first openly-recognized female record producer, but that's not how she's widely recognized.

She wrote several little-known songs with Henry Cosby for Motown like It Takes Two, This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You), My Cherie Amour, I Was Made to Love Her, Uptight (Everything's Alright), I'm Wondering, and Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day. There might be more, but I cannot think of them right now. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Someone whose son is a tad more famous (although they were famous in different fields) just passed. He was 72, just a week shy of 73.

"Who?"

Cuba Gooding, Sr., the lead singer for The Main Ingredient, whose son, Cuba Gooding, Jr., is more famous as an actor.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back