Your Daily Rant

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Devils' Advocate, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1

My biggest rant is the positives and negatives of modern technology. A hundred years ago there is not a chance that I'd be made aware of a traffic accident on the other side of the pond.

StevePame likes this.
  3. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Unfortunately, this sh!t doesn't only happen on "the other side of the pond". Hell, there was a "tender fender bender" outside the apartment complex earlier due to an elderly driver going too fast for conditions (the four-letter word that causes more four-letter words) and he nearly hit several elementary school kids (he rear-ended a school bus that was letting them off at the school.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Exactly! Where I live there is an intersection 2 houses away that has an accident or two every month and dozens of near misses.

There are hundreds of fender benders every day and umpteen thousand on this side of the pond.

I have little to no ability to effect the ones on my block other than call emergency personnel and run out the house to see if anyone needs immediate help.

It doesn't do me or anyone I know any good to know of accidents in DC or Baltimore...much less those in the UK or Chicago...

I guess we all have our pet peeves and rants, and one of mine is information that only b negatively affects my mood and psyche...I've simply no use for it.

I should just us the "mark all posts as read" more often.

5. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for informing everyone that an event was cancelled. Several of us let you know that we only had today free for the event, and some of us could've done something else instead (like go to the Holiday Folk Fair today instead of waiting to go to the concert.) By the time we found out, it was way too late to go to the other events (especially when most of us don't drive and the alternative events are more than an hour away.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

6. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I get to play.

"You're not the typical ICU patient, you're just here for observation. We'll be letting you get plenty of rest."
    It's 11 p.m. time for lights out time to go to bed.
    Every 5 minutes some kind of alarm goes off beeping. Every 15-minute blood pressure cuff fills squeezes blood out of arm .
    12:30 a.m. lights come on for fingersticks, medications. 2 a.m. lights come on finger sticks, sugar low drink juice and crackers , beeps and squeezes continue. Every hour and a half it continues, lights on, lights off, beeps buzzes blood pressure checks.
    " you know last time I was in, I got ICU delirium, went crazy, hallucinations"
    Sometime in the night the bed goes nuts, this may way up towards the ceiling and starts tilting back. I grabbed the call button and tell them my bed is going nuts. She comes in and says what's wrong as she looks at me up in the air and then says, " what did you do to the bed? It wasn't a hallucination!
    Bealls, beeps, pokes, lights continue till 6 a.m. she walks in, turns on the lights and says, " it's morning, time to get up and get in the chair."

Lol

Thomas and StevePame like this.
  7. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

How are you doing, Wil? ICU? Take care!

8. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Hey, I got one!

"You're not the typical ICU patient, you're just here for observation. We'll be letting you get plenty of rest."
    It's 11 p.m. time for lights out time to go to bed.
    Every 5 minutes some kind of alarm goes off beeping. Every 15-minute blood pressure cuff fills squeezes blood out of arm .
    12:30 a.m. lights come on for fingersticks, medications. 2 a.m. lights come on finger sticks, sugar low drink juice and crackers , beeps and squeezes continue. Every hour and a half it continues, lights on, lights off, beeps buzzes blood pressure checks.
    " you know last time I was in, I got ICU delirium, went crazy, hallucinations"
    Sometime in the night the bed goes nuts, this may way up towards the ceiling and starts tilting back. I grabbed the call button and tell them my bed is going nuts. She comes in and says what's wrong as she looks at me up in the air and then says, " what did you do to the bed? It wasn't a hallucination!
    Bealls, beeps, pokes, lights continue till 6 a.m. she walks in, turns on the lights and says, " it's morning, time to get up and get in the chair."

While it is true, it is mostly just a morning rant. Long story short, complications from a pre-operation test ended up in a visit to a couple hospitals via ambulance and helicopter. I am fine, and they are doing their dangdest to keep me that way. I am extremely grateful for modern medicine, the machines beeps buzzes and all the help I am getting. If nothing else that makes life interesting!

Cino likes this.
  9. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm allergic to pork products. Why did you give me ham?

I'm lucky that I have vegetarian "turkey" for the Thanksgiving festival (I also have tofu, so I'm not going to starve.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

10. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

To Whom It May Concern,

Okay, so English isn't your first language, but you're fluent enough in it to function.

What do you need to understand that you need to put a small "tag" with your apartment number on the washer/dryer when you're doing laundry, and that the subsequent people can legitimately remove your stuff from the washer/dryer (even throw the stuff in the dumpsters out back)? It's even fooking posted in the laundry!

You have no right to kvetch if someone takes your stuff out without your permission!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

11. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

To Whom It May Concern,

Yes, I had to "spend down" (again) but that doesn't mean that I can "borrow you" (their words) the money that you need to cover your brunch tab. It's not that difficult to get a decent "diabetes-friendly" brunch at the restaurant we go to for under $10 (one bagel with cream cheese and a diet cola is barely half the price in both carbs and in money. Second, you don't need to go to the group every fooking week (I go once a month, and my Fridays are usually tied up with other stuff on campus.) Thirdly, you don't need to buy/go to every movie showing as soon as it comes to theaters/your local DVD stores. Just because another group member makes a particular recommendation doesn't mean that you'll enjoy it enough to splurge.

Your caseworker has chewed you out numerous times for your wasting money, and a mutual friend has kvetched to me about your buying two pieces of cake and a cookie on top of everything that you're allotted per week by our "bank" (no wonder he's on a rather high amount of insulin twice/day!) If you eat breakfast at home before you go to the event/s, you won't be as hungry when you get to the café, and you might even be able to save enough to have to "spend down" annually, too!

(As an aside, I had to "spend down" over $1.200 again this year.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine