What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Namaste Jesus, Sep 21, 2017.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

No you haven't...it is sort of like pearls before swine...

You are eating (consuming, listening to) the donut hole(garbage, the waste product, ignoring the big picture)

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Staff Member

I thought that I ought to post what I had for the past three days (laziness plus temperature means leftovers.)

Anyway, I got vegetarian ground "beef" that was on sale as well as vegetarian hot Italian "sausages", which I mixed together then formed into burgers. Onion slices, tomato slices and bell pepper slices completed the vegetables while honey wheat hamburger buns completed the sandwiches while diet ginger ale was the beverage and fresh berries topped of the meals.

:kitty:s had tinned food and fresh Milwaukee tap water (which they scarfed down.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

RJM Corbet likes this.
  3. seattlegal

seattlegal Why do cows say mu?

I've had to learn new skills during the pandemic lockdown and the resulting shortages in the stores.
    I've learned to cultivate wild yeast and make sourdough bread due to there being no yeast on the grocery shelves for months. (It was difficult to even find flour!)
    I've also learned how to make my own mozzarella and ricotta cheese. It's dangerously easy!
    There is nothing like homemade sourdough pizza topped with homemade mozzarella and fresh veggies and herbs.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-homemade-mozzarella-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-174355
    https://www.farmdrop.com/blog/how-to-make-homemade-ricotta/

RJM Corbet likes this.
  4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I made Chile replenish and then had juevos rancheros leftovers for two days!

Last night was spaghetti squash and fried green tomatoes....yum.

I wanna make mozzarella and ricotta!

RJM Corbet likes this.
  5. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I believe the egg dish that you had is spelled huevos rancheros, but I could be mistaken (as usual.)

Anyway, I know how to make paneer, an Indian subcontinent cheese that you might like, plus it's quite easy: mix one gallon of milk with one tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar in a large pot with a lid. Bring to a boil, then strain in cheesecloth after everything's separated (save some of the whey for another batch later.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

6. seattlegal

seattlegal Why do cows say mu?

You'd be surprised at how easy it is! I found that a gallon of skim milk with a pint of half-and-half will greatly increase your yield.

wil likes this.
  7. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I made a couple of onigiri using sushi rice and leftover veggie "chicken" and Japanese-style vegetables and had a Honeycrisp apple along with my medications for dessert. Lemon water was the beverage of the day for me.

:kitty:s had their crunchies along with "fresh" Milwaukee tap water (as usual.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

8. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I couldn't decide between pizza and pasta, so I made pizza pasta (using vegetarian Italian sausage and vegetarian pepperoni.) I also had caffeine-free diet cola to wash it down and reduced-calorie pumpkin pie ice cream for dessert. The Trio had their usual.

Since I have leftovers, I'll probably have them for a couple of days.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

9. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

Bigos, a Polish traditional comfort food: spiced, sweet-and-sour stew of cabbage, sauerkraut, and lots of meat (veganized: smoked tofu and spicy seitan sausages). Very tasty, gets better with each re-heating.

RJM Corbet likes this.
  10. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had to use up some vegetarian ground "beef", so I cooked it in some arabiatta sauce and boiled a serving of pasta (I mixed the stuff together in the skillet that I cooked the sauce in.) Water for everyone in the apartment, crunchies for the :kitty:s and grapes for my meds as dessert.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine