What's For Dinner?

Another evening of East-meets-West blue tacos using the vegetarian Korean bbq chicken shreds along with caffeine diet cola and a couple of chocolate chip Mandel bread (it's National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day in the United/"United" States.) I'll probably have leftovers tomorrow (not that I mind...)

:kitty: delegation had their crunchies and free-flowing water from their fountain.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
Due to severe weather, I had a simple peanut butter sandwich and a bowl of cereal along with my medications (I drank the milk to wash them down.)

The Trio had their crunchies and a mug each of water (didn't want them to get hurt from accidental electrocution.) :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Chicken tikka masala (using vegetarian chicken and cauliflower "rice") as well as frozen fruit and a root beer float for dessert/medications.

:kitty: delegation had tinned food and cool water from their fountain (I added a couple of ice cubes to the fountain as well.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Vegetarian butter "chicken" (it's like regular butter chicken but uses vegetarian chicken) along with blood orange flavoured sparkling water and frozen fruit. The Trio had tinned food and water from their fountain.

For my "meds time", I had reduced-carb "puppy chow", a candy/snack mix that is chocolate/peanut butter/confectioner's sugar covered cereal (will share the original "receipt" if anyone's interested.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Veggie butter chicken

Without butter or chicken.

I wonder if anyone eats Mao Pap Tutu

Without tofu, mao or pao

There is/was real ghee/butter in the butter "chicken".

Anyway, I'm making Nashville hot "chicken" for tonight along with a nice salad.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

There was some leftover grilled pizza from a barbecue I attended yesterday (I brought the stuff for the pizzas, the hosts supplied the grill [they initially were scared that the pizza dough would fall through the grate, which it didn't],) that I had for dinner. The hosts want me to share the "receipt" with the entire agency as well as some of my favourite pizza toppings. I washed it down with a regular soda (I actually wanted a diet soda, but the people filling the vending machine put the wrong soda in the diet slot.) I had my medications for dessert.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Butter "chicken" made with vegetarian "chicken", riced cauliflower, rose wine sorbet that's kinda like frozen sangria, diet soda and my medications (for dessert.) :kitty:s had crunchies and Milwaukee tap water from their little fountain.

We'll have leftovers over the weekend for dinner.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Yesterday's dinner was Bhel-Puri. It lacked the tang of Jal-Jeera, but nonetheless, a welcome change. Me and wife like it.

I had an interesting soup: a vegetarian version of Italian wedding soup that someone gave me (they couldn't have it due to the sodium content.) Oh, and I had roasted red cauliflower with a balsamic vinaigrette "sauce".

:kitty:s had their usual (I had to dispose of a dead mouse to protect them [I hate neighbours at times].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I tried a new (to me) item that piqued my interest: a vegetarian Cubano empanada. It featured imitation ham, Swiss cheese, brown mustard and pickles encased in a vegetarian pastry. Dessert was blueberry compote along with my medications, and I washed everything down with nonalcoholic sangria.

:kitty:s had their usual.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A vegetarian "chicken" curry with riced cauliflower, homemade peanut butter cups (kinda like Reeses peanut butter cups, but tailored for diabetics) and decaf Constant Comment tea, which had orange rind and sweet spices blended in with the tea leaves.

:kitty:s had duck tinned food as well as water.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The grocery store here was having a frozen pizza sale, so I picked up a Margarita pizza and a package of vegetarian applewood smoked ham, plus I picked up a four-pack of diet ginger beer along with a small bottle of lime juice. I also had a small package of fresh berries to go with my medications.

:kitty:s had their usual crunchies along with water from their fountain.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had penne in vodka sauce that I picked up at a local (to me) store along with strawberry cheesecake ice cream and diet soda (water's still out in the complex.)

:kitty:s had their crunchies and Milwaukee tap water (they have a three litre fountain that was still half full.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last night, I had mature cheddar cheese on wholemeal toast .. 30 secs. in microwave to melt it .. and baked beans in tomato sauce.
..and sparkling tonic water to wash it down :)

Tonight, I had 2 lamb sausages & ratatouille, along with a slice of toast with melted cheese.
..again washed down with tonic water :)

Praise the Lord .. G-d is most generous!

Tonight, I had vegetarian butter "chicken", a couple of honey oat granola bars and some homemade lemon lime ade along with my medications.

:kitty:s had their crunchies and tap water from their fountain.

I was offerred some prune hamentaschen, but I refused them due to the fact that they're off my diet plus I'm not fond of the taste. I might pick up some other fruit-flavoured pastries tomorrow, but no promises (it's also St. Patrick's Day as well as Purim.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Spiced rice gruel with 'dum-aloo' (slow-fried potatoes), my favorite. Normal accompaniment is 'kofta', but even 'dum-aloo' is OK.

We had vegan "cheese" maccaroni, and blintzes for dessert. Yummy food.

Back