Something I read earlier today that I don't know where to put

An interesting look at Dungeons and Dragons (and perhaps other RPGs):
A look at race in D&D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Some friends of mine in high school were huge D&D fans. We visited a D&D store in Lake Geneva, WI. I knew nothing about the game. While we were there an employee asked me if I needed help with anything. I told him my friends were here shopping. I remarked that I don't even know how to play D&D. Immediately an old man dressed like a wizard came out of the backroom. He asked "What's this I hear of someone who hasn't played Dungeons and Dragons?" So this wizard took me over to the counter and taught me about the dice and the characters. He helped me make a character and him and I played a short quest. My friends just watched and didn't say anything until we left. They were so excited, which I thought was definitely weird. One of them said "You were just taught how to play D&D by Gary Gygax!" I didn't know he was the creator of D&D. Too bad I don't remember what my character was or which character Gary played with. But if I had been a D&D fan, that would have probably been the best day of my life at that point.

Some friends of mine in high school were huge D&D fans. We visited a D&D store in Lake Geneva, WI. I knew nothing about the game. While we were there an employee asked me if I needed help with anything. I told him my friends were here shopping. I remarked that I don't even know how to play D&D. Immediately an old man dressed like a wizard came out of the backroom. He asked "What's this I hear of someone who hasn't played Dungeons and Dragons?" So this wizard took me over to the counter and taught me about the dice and the characters. He helped me make a character and him and I played a short quest. My friends just watched and didn't say anything until we left. They were so excited, which I thought was definitely weird. One of them said "You were just taught how to play D&D by Gary Gygax!" I didn't know he was the creator of D&D. Too bad I don't remember what my character was or which character Gary played with. But if I had been a D&D fan, that would have probably been the best day of my life at that point.
What a story!😲
I was always intrigued by D&D when I was young, but I didn't know anybody who played.😑

This is about American politics crossed with pseudoChristianity:

One victim of Tangerine Palpatine is the man whose father/caretaker was radicallized by MAGA (the elder man died in a shootout with FBI.) The younger man would've been rejected by MAGA because he would've been sent to the gas chambers back in Nazi Germany (physical disability/disabilities.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I'm not sure if this is a real film, but here's the poster:
1692331653054.png

Yes, it features a :kitty:...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Today is Hedy Lamarr's birthday (in case anyone's interested: Interesting facts about Hedy Lamarr)
Without one of her inventions, we wouldn't have Bluetooth technology today.
Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I married a girl who was described as being as beautiful as Hedy Lamarr (Delilah) by my grandmother 10 years before my marriage. She was not Hedy Lamarr look-alike, but OK in her own right. We have completed 57 years of marriage and hoping, InshaAllah, for a diamond jubilee. :D

Back