End Goals of Your Faith?

Discussion in 'Comparative Studies' started by 'Amir Alzzalam, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

NO. :)
    "Bhasmibhootasya dehasya, punaragamanam kutah?"
    After the body turns to ashes, where is the coming back? - Charvaks said this before Buddha's time.

Cino and badger like this.
  2. badger

badger Well-Known Member

And there it is.............
    And so the 'now' is like an oft repeating gift to be treasured in each instant.
    How every glance at my wife, or nature and more.. is a delightful joy.

That's why I perceive unhappy people to be such a sad sight, because they can't be seeing that 'Now' is the great gift.

Aupmanyav likes this.
  3. 'Amir Alzzalam

'Amir Alzzalam Šayṭānist

I'm confused, you state that you turn back to dust, do you believe that a sentient, biologically complex organism such as ourselves simply emerges from dust? Then you claim the existence of a 'deity' that you are a 'part' of for eternity.

Do you not believe you have a Soul of some sort? What's the point of this deity if you come from dust and return to dust? Why would you find "humans to imagine that they have some special future, something more than other lifeform," . . . but you find belief in an unproven, external deity to be plausible?

There is plenty of evidence for a Greater Self within us all, and zero evidence for an external god. The very fact that Proto-man was just one of many animal species fighting for survival over the millennia and his brain, despite natural selective evolutionary mechanisms that apply to all species, evolved far beyond any other species, demonstrates 'deliberate cause'. And this implies an Isolate Intelligence/Consciousness working through our physical being (brain/body), a Soul/Psyche separate from the objective universe and its physical laws and limitations.

This Soul/Psyche does not behave as though it were merely a “sum total” of the brain’s sensory and manipulative capacities, combining and recombining inputted information as though it were an “organic” electronic computer. It has a sense of identity, a sense of uniqueness, a sense of distance, and differentiation from everything else that exists. In the case of proto-man, natural selection would occur in favor of almost anything else besides the brain. He would become stronger, hairier, tougher, meaner, and faster. According to natural selection, you and I should be gorillas.

But we are not gorillas. Indeed, as our intelligence has made life progressively easier for us, we have become weaker and more vulnerable physically. We are healthier and more long-lived only because our intelligence has enabled us to produce medicines to stave off diseases, and dietary standards to maximize our health and growth potential. We have controlled environments to fend off the elements, and have developed weapons to fend off other creatures.

4. badger

badger Well-Known Member

Hello Amir... :)
    Were you asking me questions or just telling me things? :D
    Dust to dust, ashes to ashes..... have you ever heard anything like that before?
    I think that every single particle is part of the whole, the Diety, but a Diety far too vast to be aware of us.
    But that's just what I believe... I'm not trying to sell it to you or anybody.

'Amir Alzzalam likes this.