Interfaith prayer...for all?

Oh come on man. It is ok to claim what you say, do or think...but should you expand that to telling what others do or think?

While I am not a believer in any conventional G!d being I know plenty that are and I would not discount their ability to pray in their way.

Whomever you pray to, believe in. For me it is all personal responsibility...no Satan to blame, no other to correct...
I'm not telling anyone what to do, or think. I stated historically researched data regarding the art of prayer and what it has become.
I suppose I would be praying to my Greater Self/GodSelf? Hmm . . . I'll have to think about that.

Is it possible to know the full range of ones psyche? More importantly, isn't development of the mind likely to cease if you cease to push the envelope, and thus the known bounds?
isn't development of the mind likely to cease if you cease to push the envelope
Are you implying that individuation processes are in some way non-permanent or reversible? From my experience, once a shadow is faced fully and defeated/harmonized, it remains so. do we need to slay ever single demon within us, no matter the size of it? I think not.

You were. Do you have the serenity to accept that others might take the subject up?
I don't see what tranquility of self has to do with accepting that others have the right to discuss something not directed towards them.

Are you implying that individuation processes are in some way non-permanent or reversible? From my experience, once a shadow is faced fully and defeated/harmonized, it remains so. do we need to slay ever single demon within us, no matter the size of it? I think not.
You can always start repressing stuff again and build another Shadow.
edit to add: Old habits die hard. (pardon the Khaibit pun)

Last edited:
I'm not telling anyone what to do, or think. I stated historically researched data regarding the art of prayer and what it has become.
I suppose I would be praying to my Greater Self/GodSelf? Hmm . . . I'll have to think about that.
Links to historically reviewed data would be suggested at this point.

Links to historically reviewed data would be suggested at this point.
Do some research on Egyptian religion and forms of prayer as affirmation. I really have no interest in spending the time needed to prove my statement on prayer. That said:

The invocation within a prayer unites our meditative state of consciousness with the power of the Word and our innate force of Will. The mechanism behind this is the same mechanism found in incantations. The word incantation comes from the Latin root "inner" and "sing". Originally someone qualified to perform the prayer/incantation was needed, average people of the community did not believe they possessed such a magical link as did their shaman, priest, or sorcerer.

The prayer works the same way that Haitian Vodou does, through the power of suggestion which can be explained more scientifically through neuroplasticity. With any incantation one is either seeking to create change within or to unveil some hidden truths also from within. The priest or shaman is the one who makes some change in objective reality by delivering the prayer or incantation. This is called an illocutionary force.

The concept of illocutionary acts was introduced into linguistics by the philosopher J. L. Austin in his investigation of the various aspects of speech acts. In Austin's framework, locution is what was said and meant, illocution is what was done, and perlocution is what happened as a result. When somebody says "Is there any salt?" at the dinner table, the illocutionary act is a request: "please give me some salt" even though the locutionary act (the literal sentence) was to ask a question about the presence of salt. The perlocutionary act (the actual effect), might be to cause somebody to pass the salt.

How many folks do you know that did this?

And what is their resulting life?
I never kept count. Individuation is a Jungian process, anyone who undergoes Jungian Psychological treatment will be Individuated.
The 8 years I ran the Herald of the Dawn, we focused on practices of Individuation.
Individuation is sought by many on the Left Hand Path.

Back