Interfaith prayer...for all?

I stated historically researched data regarding the art of prayer and what it has become.

I really have no interest in spending the time needed to prove my statement on prayer.
there are two kinds of direction in discussion imo. There is the "I believe" and then there are the facts based on data and studies.

When we state the latter one should be ready to provide quotes, links, the QED. This saves running around in circles...like other forums.

Reactions: RJM
wrong thread ...

Last edited:
there are two kinds of direction in discussion imo. There is the "I believe" and then there are the facts based on data and studies.

When we state the latter one should be ready to provide quotes, links, the QED. This saves running around in circles...like other forums.
In the future, I'll be more careful when replying to a thread.

I think what's meant is that the response to categorical statements is going to be a request for backup sources?
I know what it means and I'm not going to reference in detail 61 years of life over everything I say. I provided enough info regarding my last replies. I'm not a book with a bibliography at the end.

It's not the same as asking people to 'prove God'

If a material statement is made about science etc, can it be backed-up?

Last edited:
In the future, I'll be more careful when replying to a thread.
This would be all threads here. We prefer you back up your statements....we encourage standard debate rules...we have fun and are loose with these requirements but try to reduce folks that come to troll.

I am sure all that participate in forums and discussion understand this is why we are here....and not there.

This would be all threads here. We prefer you back up your statements....we encourage standard debate rules...we have fun and are loose with these requirements but try to reduce folks that come to troll.

I am sure all that participate in forums and discussion understand this is why we are here....and not there.
I'll be sure to state that anything I say from here on is strictly my opinion.

There's a lot of science woo out there. Not to say that energies and forces exist that science can't get a handle on -- but a person attributing science backing to 'spirit' forces is open to peer review?

There's a lot of science woo out there. Not to say that energies and forces exist that science can't get a handle on -- but a person attributing science backing to 'spirit' forces is open to peer review?
Agree.... Hence links to supporting arguments facilitates discussion.

If your proof comes from the Twilight zone...we begin to understand what we are dealing with.

@'Amir Alzzalam I would still appreciate a prayer YOU BELIEVE may be acceptable to you and all faiths.

This is my reason for the thread...

Agree.... Hence links to supporting arguments facilitates discussion.

If your proof comes from the Twilight zone...we begin to understand what we are dealing with.

@'Amir Alzzalam I would still appreciate a prayer YOU BELIEVE may be acceptable to you and all faiths.

This is my reason for the thread...
A prayer that would work for myself and others on the LHP would need to be void of connection to anything considered a supreme being/god/absolute/nature. The only form of spiritual communication acceptable to the LHP is between oneself and one's Greater Self.

That said, perhaps there is a way to word such a prayer.

Links to historically reviewed data would be suggested at this point.
Do you need me to reference that today's praying is simple wish-making and rote recitations?
That it was once a process of concentrated visualization, combined with emotional and mental energy, properly grounded to the physical through proper vocalization.?
That Spoken Word (Divine Utterance) became what is known as prayer?
That this Divine Utterance was first used by early Egyptians and an aspect of Heka (vibrational magic)?
That they used Affirmations as their Divine Utterances?
That these Utterances were efforts to align Sound with the Principles of a Cosmic Order, a.k.a. the Neteru?
That prayer originated as a form of invocation uniting our conscious awareness, through the Power of the Word and Force of Will to communicate with something outside of ourselves, a higher power so to speak?

You really expect me to prove and reference all of those points in some historical form?
Should I be asking for referential evidence for every metaphysical statement on this forum as well?
Nowhere have I 'discounted' anyone else's ability to pray any way they wish to.

That this Divine Utterance was first used by early Egyptians and an aspect of Heka (vibrational magic)?
You really expect me to prove and reference all of those points in some historical form?

seems like the early Egyptians (4200BC) worshipped Santa Claus.
egypt4200.jpg

this guy really caught on but no-one ever after came near to the skill of the original artisan.

seems like the early Egyptians (4200BC) worshipped Santa Claus.
egypt4200.jpg

this guy really caught on but no-one ever after came near to the skill of the original artisan.
Can you provide historical evidence for that claim? ;)

... that today's praying is simple wish-making and rote recitations?
It might well appear so, but sometimes things are other than they might appear.

That it was once a process of concentrated visualization, combined with emotional and mental energy, properly grounded to the physical through proper vocalization?
I'd say for those so inclined, yes – but that is not all that prayer is, nor is that the only path of prayer.

In the Christian tradition there are reams of stuff on this topic, and much in agreement with your statements, but they do not disallow 'the perfect prayer of the simple soul', as it were.

That Spoken Word (Divine Utterance) became what is known as prayer?
Indeed.

The Prayer of Simplicity is just that ... as in many things, the first thing we learn is the last thing we fully understand. All the rest is baggage and expedience.

... of invocation uniting our conscious awareness, through the Power of the Word and Force of Will ...
Where do you see the heart's place in this?

There is capacity to share the silence with God, as appropriate for those who believe.
So, what about those who do not? Or perhaps you think that atheists are discordant music. :)
The problem, as stated in RigVeda is "kasmai devāya haviṣā vidhema?"
(To which God should we offer our oblations?)

Last edited:
Where do you see the heart's place in this?
In Egyptian religion the
Ab (Heart Emanation) is the physical locus of the individual identity and consciousness. Through the Ab an individual realizes and recognizes incarnate identity and uniqueness. Following the expiration of one's body, it is through the Ab that one can reenter the Objective Universe through possession/thought-transference.

Back