LOL

How do you use the Iblis Pentagram? Is it embroidered on robes or altar cloths? Engraved in Jewelry? As a focus for meditation? Or for philosophical contemplation?

How do you use the Iblis Pentagram? Is it embroidered on robes or altar cloths? Engraved in Jewelry? As a focus for meditation? Or for philosophical contemplation?
All the above and more . . . it's a Symbol, it's a sigil, it's a seal . . . it means nothing until you assign meaning to it.

Yes, obviously.

If you feel like going into detail regarding the "and more...", I'd love to read it.

Are there books or articles you could post links to that would provide more information?

Last edited:
It's not much an area of interest for me
Well of course. It is pretty much an atheistic and philosophical movement pushing the self and hedonism after all. It's just that I started reading it today and many parts of it, while non-Christian, make a lot of sense. The Church of Satan has no physical building or publicly practiced religion/rituals. They seem to make money mostly by selling merchandise. Maybe just a sensible but alternate approach to life at a time when Christianity seemed like the main vocal choice in the USA.

Humorous and not really hateful. Especially if taken as an interesting read and not scripture to follow.

Last edited:
LaVey was a con. See below. I've read Aleister Crowley's autobiography. Not much else. It's not much an area of interest for me
LaVey was not a con man, where did you get that from? He is one of the most important visionaries for Satanism and the western Left Hand Path. If that is not your cup of spiritual tea that is fine, but there is no need to spread rumors and ignorance about a topic you admittedly know nothing about.

LaVey was not a con man, where did you get that from? He is one of the most important visionaries for Satanism and the western Left Hand Path. If that is not your cup of spiritual tea that is fine, but there is no need to spread rumors and ignorance about a topic you admittedly know nothing about.
Yes he was a con man. I posted a video, 13 min. Check it out, lol

Well of course. It is pretty much an atheistic and philosophical movement pushing the self and hedonism after all. It's just that I started reading it today and many parts of it, while non-Christian, make a lot of sense. The Church of Satan has no physical building or publicly practiced religion/rituals. They seem to make money mostly by selling merchandise. Maybe just a sensible but alternate approach to life at a time when Christianity seemed like the main vocal choice in the USA.

Humorous and not really hateful. Especially if taken as an interesting read and not scripture to follow.
Originally LaVey's Black House was headquarters for the CoS, today's Gilmore CoS is a very different animal.

LaVey's Satanism is not really hedonism. Hedonism puts the pursuit of pleasure above all else, which taken to the extreme is self destructive.

Satanists embrace Epicureanism, with a recognition that moderation and are pragmatism allow the individual to have a longer and more enjoyable life.

Do I really have to sit through 13 minutes of stuff I already heard, can't you just get to meat & potatos of your argument.

You don't have to. It might contain a few things you haven't already heard, who knows. Who cares? Not me ...

LaVey is an accomplished musician, many celebrities including Monroe, Mansfield, Sammy Davis Jr. gravitated to the Black House and hung around with the CoS. See, it was a counter-culture thing back in the 60's, eventually the CoS's philosophy would evolve.
Anton was not a psychic invesitgator for the police, he was a forensics photographer. So far this guys schtick is old news as many before him have questioned all this.

Anton had a lion, not a leopard . . . geeez do I really have to listen to more of this misinformation?

LaVey is an accomplished musician, many celebrities including Monroe, Mansfield, Sammy Davis Jr. gravitated to the Black House and hung around with the CoS. See, it was a counter-culture thing back in the 60's, eventually the CoS's philosophy would evolve.
Anton was not a psychic invesitgator for the police, he was a forensics photographer. So far this guys schtick is old news as many before him have questioned all this.

Anton had a lion, not a leopard . . . geeez do I really have to listen to more of this misinformation?
He didn't act in Rosemary's Baby, he was an advisor . . . LaVey's Satanism does not in any way shape or form advocate murder, in fact anything that impedes the Will of another is strictly prohibited in Satanism unlike many other religions that do in fact advocate impedence of another's Will and advocates for the annihilation of non-believers.

I can't stomach any more . . .

LaVey was a con. See below. I've read Aleister Crowley's autobiography. Not much else. It's not much an area of interest for me
Did Vasu Devan ask you if you think LaVey was a con? Why are you dirtying up my thread . . . just like you removed my unnecessary posts, I would like for you to remove your unnecessary posts here.

Back