LOL

Sure it is not the source of light

Have seen my share of darkness, brother Vasu
Aye, by the time we are 30 most of us have a deep awareness of it. I had to battle my ongoing fear psychosis issues. It was facing the devil voice in my mind that stopped its ability to make me psychotic. It is still there but no longer as hostile or powerful.

Most people have some sort of personal moral code, regardless of the social mores in which they live.

A priest may believe it wrong not just to kill, but even to speak a harsh word; a soldier may believe it justified to kill but not to shoot a man in the back. A thief might believe it justified to steal to feed his habit, but not to take from friends, etc.

Every individual has a personal code, and it is only when he steps outside his own code that he feels guilt. It is the one who doesn't have any personal code or personal accountability or moral guilt that is truly frightening, imo.

Evil can take over a person, especially as he gains a position of power, he becomes of increasing value to the evil one, and needs the greater spiritual support, imo

The infamous "Black House" in San Francisco, used as the headquarters for the Church of Satan was supposedly a former brothel with a number of hidden passageways and trapdoors. According to property records and interviews with LaVey's relatives, the house was never used as a brothel, had previously belonged to LaVey's parents, and all the passageways were added by LaVey himself.

Most of LaVey's publicized life story has been shown to be fiction by researchers and occult scholars. LaVey never worked as a lion tamer or San Francisco Police photographer, never knew Marilyn Monroe, his home was never operated as a brothel, and he had no involvement with the film Rosemary's Baby (1968).

The Satanic Bible was largely (if not completely) plagiarized from other sources. Some sources include the 1896 tract "Might is Right" by Ragnar Redbeard, Aleister Crowley's "Equinox", and Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0491989/trivia/
This thread is about the Iblis Pentagram, if you want to discuss LeVey make your own thread . . .

Yes there is, I want this entire thread deleted, it is about the Iblis Pentagram not LaVey. Then I will create a new thread.
Threads wander on this website. You were happy to accuse me of spreading rumours and ignorance over LaVey, but when I corrected your claim you want the thread deleted.
LaVey was not a con man, where did you get that from? He is one of the most important visionaries for Satanism and the western Left Hand Path. If that is not your cup of spiritual tea that is fine, but there is no need to spread rumors and ignorance about a topic you admittedly know nothing about.
However I will be delighted to avoid the subject of LaVey from now on and will be happy never to hear his name again.

Most people have some sort of personal moral code, regardless of the social mores in which they live.

A priest may believe it wrong not just to kill, but even to speak a harsh word; a soldier may believe it justified to kill but not to shoot a man in the back. A thief might believe it justified to steal to feed his habit, but not to take from friends, etc.

Every individual has a personal code, and it is only when he steps outside his own code that he feels guilt. It is the one who doesn't have any personal code or personal accountability or moral guilt that is truly frightening, imo.
I generally agree with this. Though there are times folks have a fairly despicable code.

Reactions: RJM
You corrected nothing, you admittedly know next to nothing about LaVey, the LHP, and Satanism, yet you try to school someone (me for over 40 years) on these subjects.

You corrected nothing, you admittedly know next to nothing about LaVey, the LHP, and Satanism, yet you try to school someone (me for over 40 years) on these subjects.
I thought we were going to drop it?

Threads wander on this website. You were happy to accuse me of spreading rumours and ignorance over LaVey, but when I corrected your claim you want the thread deleted.

However I will be delighted to avoid the subject of LaVey from now on and will be happy never to hear his name again.

We? YOU can drop it.
Why was my comment accused of going off-topic in the other thread, but yours is perfectly fine?
Didn't you just post something about Power going to one's head making it Evil or something? Seems the pot is calling the kettle black.

What are the differences between LaVey's concept of Baphomet, and Lévy's?
The horned image in the CoS' symbol is the Goat of Mendez not the Baphomet.

"Baphomet represents the Powers of Darkness combined with the generative fertility of the goat." - LaVey
"“According to some, the Baphomet was a monstrous head; according to others, a demon in the form of a goat. A sculptured coffer was disinterred recently in the ruins of an old commandery of the temple, and antiquaries observed upon it a baphometic figure, corresponding in its attributes to the Goat of Mendes and the androgyne of Khunrath. It was a bearded figure with a female body, holding the sun in one hand and the moon in the other, attached to chains. Now this virile head is a beautiful allegory which attributes to thought alone the initiating and creating principle. Here the head represents spirit and the body matter. The orbs enchained to the human form, and directed by that nature of which intelligence is the head, are also magnificently allegorical." - Eliphas Levi

It would have been easier if a scribe followed Jesus around during the years of His public ministry. It would also have been convenient if those selected by the Messiah to proclaim the Gospel to the world following Jesus’s death, resurrection, and ascension kept contemporaneous notes in the days and years after Pentecost.
Alas, we have neither; but not all is lost. Decades to centuries went by before what we now call the Gospels were committed to parchment (or papyrus).

Yeshua was one of several failed messianic heretical Jews and a pawn in a Roman-Judeo political system.

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” (Matthew 10:21)

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. (Matthew 11:20)

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. (Matthew 15:4-7)

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. (Matthew 19:29)

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. (Mark 4:25)

Jesus okays beating slaves. (Luke 12:47)

After Yeshua there came a dozen other Messianic campaigns, none of which are publicized by the Abrahamic faith, and all of which ultimately failed. Theudas in 58 C.E., Menachem ben Judah ben Hezekiah, Simon ben Kosevah, Moses of Crete, Abu Isa, Al-Ra'i" ("the shepherd of the flock of his people"), Saüra the Syrian, to name a few.

Ultimately, there has never been a true Jewish messiah because they all failed in their missions and were killed by the Romans. Yeshua (Jesus) failed as a messiah and stood in a long line of failed messiahs.

257258086_126594056462502_3757026333514523195_n.jpg

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34
Jesus is explaining the choice in all true religions between the passing things of the world of nature, or the eternal things of the world of spirit. The greater house of spirit surrounds and contains and permeates the room of nature, limited by time and space. Spirit weaves nature:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of me. And he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:21-26

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” (Matthew 10:21)
Same as above. Jesus is not saying it is a good thing that should happen, but predicting the effect, just as the world rejected and persecuted him, so with his followers -- as the world has always done towards the truth:

“Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another.
Matthew 10:21-23

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. (Matthew 11:20)
Jesus is not condemning the cities, he is predicting the cause and effect results of choosing the evils of greedy materialism as a way of life, in the same way that we are bringing the same upon ourselves by the treatment of our own living planet and in the same way that Jonah was sent by God to warn the city of Nineveh, but whose citizens chose to repent and turn away from their evil ways -- unlike those of the cities to which Jesus is speaking, in spite of the miracles they had seen:

Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”
Matthew 11:20-24

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. (Matthew 19:29)
This is in the context of the camel and the eye of the needle. It is not in context an exhortation to abandon family, but to follow God above material attachments. The first commandment;

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
… And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Matthew 19:23-29

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. (Mark 4:25)
Not at all. Jesus is speaking in the context of a parable. It is just the way things are. It is the inescapable law of gravity:

Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given. For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”
Mark 4:24-25

See the parable of Lazarus and the rich man and also the Sermon on the Mount for Jesus's actual teaching about the fate of the poor in the life to come

Jesus okays beating slaves. (Luke 12:47)
Not at all. Jesus is speaking a parable about what happens in the world; it's just the way life is for a slave -- he is not ordering it or condoning it:

And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
Luke 12:47-48

Nobody is required to believe a single word of the Gospel accounts if they don't want to, but when quoting Jesus it is necessary and honest to consider the context and overall intent of the passages, imo

Last edited:
Didn't you just post something about Power going to one's head making it Evil or something? Seems the pot is calling the kettle black.
Brighter light, darker shadow

Jesus is explaining the choice in all true religions between the passing things of the world of nature, or the eternal things of the world of spirit. The greater house of spirit surrounds and contains and permeates the room of nature, limited by time and space. Spirit weaves nature:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of me. And he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:21-26

Same as above. Jesus is not saying it is a good thing that should happen, but predicting the effect, just as the world rejected and persecuted him, so with his followers -- as the world has always done towards the truth:

“Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another.
Matthew 10:21-23

Jesus is not condemning the cities, he is predicting the cause and effect results of choosing the evils of greedy materialism as a way of life, in the same way that we are bringing the same upon ourselves by the treatment of our own living planet and in the same way that Jonah was sent by God to warn the city of Nineveh, but whose citizens chose to repent and turn away from their evil ways -- unlike those of the cities to which Jesus is speaking, in spite of the miracles they had seen:

Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”
Matthew 11:20-24

This is in the context of the camel and the eye of the needle. It is not in context an exhortation to abandon family, but to follow God above material attachments. The first commandment;

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
… And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Matthew 19:23-29

Not at all. Jesus is speaking in the context of a parable. It is just the way things are. It is the inescapable law of gravity:

Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given. For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”
Mark 4:24-25

See the parable of Lazarus and the rich man and also the Sermon on the Mount for Jesus's actual teaching about the fate of the poor in the life to come

Not at all. Jesus is speaking a parable about what happens in the world; it's just the way life is for a slave -- he is not ordering it or condoning it:

And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
Luke 12:47-48

Nobody is required to believe a single word of the Gospel accounts if they don't want to, but when quoting Jesus it is necessary and honest to consider the context and overall intent of the passages, imo
So much for turning the other cheek ;)

Can't wait to hear your Christian apologetics for these atrocities . . .

(4 Kings 2:23-24)
God sent two bears to maul 42 kids to death for making fun of a bald dude.

(Genesis 19:26)
God turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for breaking a rule she didn't know existed.

(Leviticus 21:17-24)
God does not want coming into his churches: People with blemishes, blind people, the lame, those with flat noses, dwarves, people with scurvy, people with bad eyes, people with bad skin, and those that "hath their stones broken." God is technically responsible for giving people all of these afflictions in the first place.

(Exodus 4:24-26)
There is literally no explanation given in the Bible for God's decision to murder one of his chief supporters. The line is "At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him." The only sensible explanation for this is that God was drunk out of his mind and looking for a bar fight, and you better hope that's correct because the alternative is that God's a psychopath.

(Genesis 38:1-10)
Onan and his brother Er. God does not care for Er, and kills him. Standard God operating procedure. Onan's father orders Onan to have sex with Er's wife — not marry, by the way, just have sex with. This is actually pretty awkward for Onan, sleeping with his sister-in-law, and rather than give her any more kids (she had two with Er already) he pulls out. God is so infuriated that Onan did not fuck his sister-in-law to completion that he kills him, too. Now, you could argue that God demands that intercourse be used specifically for procreation, but given how much God loves killing babies and children, I don't think his motives here are exceptionally pure.

(Judges 14:1-19)
More evidence that God is possibly a low-level mobster: When his pal Samson got married, he was given 30 friends, and he posed them (a completely insane) riddle. Then he made a bet that if they could solve it in a week, Samson would give them all new clothes, but if they couldn't they would give Samson 30 pairs of new clothes. Well, Samson's wife wheedled the answer out of him and then told these dudes, at which point an angry Samson had to pay up. And here's where God comes in — literally, into Samson, giving him the power to murder 30 random people for their clothes. Only a true friend would help you commit mass murder to settle a completely stupid bet.

Back