LOL

Who's talking about governments?
If you're talking about "sheeple" you're talking about power and domination of someone by someone.
If you're talking about power and domination, talk about governments is always relevant

@Cino and @Thomas are ill, @wil is away, @ takes an advisory role and so I'm on my own here and with a day job at the moment. There's no protocol except what we decide together on the hoof, so ... will that be all for now, sir?
What is meant by advisory role? I have noticed that @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine rarely if ever posts in the active discussion groups, but I never yet asked about why that is or the different roles or status of various figures in this group. I don't think there is anything on the site that explkains everyone's role or status. Can you explain?

What is meant by advisory role? I have noticed that @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine rarely if ever posts in the active discussion groups, but I never yet asked about why that is or the different roles or status of various figures in this group. I don't think there is anything on the site that explkains everyone's role or status. Can you explain?
We muck along, lol

What started as a minor wound to his foot has ended up landiing @Cino in hospital for two weeks and three operations for an antibiotic resistant infection that nearly cost him some of his toes. But he appears to be in the good hands of the best doctors

Last edited:
I like learning about interpretations that simply sound better and more reasonable than the plain text. But, how do you know that is what the passages really mean? Is the clue in the text, or from some other source? How can you tell that the words don't mean what they seem to on the surface? I agree things are not always what they seem, but in a case like this, how can you tell what the best interpretation is?
Ok. What do you think is the intended meaning of the passage, in context? Do you think Jesus Christ is advising his followers to attack their family with a sword?

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of me. And he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:21-26

If you're talking about "sheeple" you're talking about power and domination of someone by someone.
If you're talking about power and domination, talk about governments is always relevant
Allow me to clarify since you're not getting it . . . when I mention Sheeple I'm referring to the blind faith flock of religious zealots, particularly of the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). Through religious indoctrination at an early age, most people can never shake off the fear of God and damnation no matter what path they choose later in life.

This, in Western Left Hand Path philosophy, is associated with Lesser Majiq; the influencing, impelling (encouraging, convincing, increasing of probability) of beings, processes, or objects in the objective universe by the application of obscure physical or behavioral laws.

We muck along, lol

What started as a minor wound to his foot has ended up landiing @Cino in hospital for two weeks and three operations for an antibiotic resistant infection that nearly cost him some of his toes. But he appears to be in the good hands of the best doctors
:eek::eek::eek::oops::oops:o_Oo_O

Ok. What do you think is the intended meaning of the passage, in context? Do you think Jesus Christ is advising his followers to attack their family with a sword?

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of me. And he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:21-26
I literally have NO idea what the intended meaning was. No theory at all. On the face of it, the apparent/plain/surface/literal meaning, it's just really depressing and off-putting. Sounds scolding. And sounds sus. 😒

I appreciate other, less awful sounding interpretations, but I wonder how do you find out what the better interpretation is? How do you go beyond the plain / surface / apparent meaning of the text -- then find a meaning that sounds better, that still makes sense, that doesn't distort the passage -- where do you get the information so you know you are understanding it correctly? 🤔

Allow me to clarify since you're not getting it . . .
🤪o_O:rolleyes:
I do prefer people be straightforward and clear and not get any ideas that i'm going to "get" something that's not directly or plainly stated. 😑

Last edited:
I literally have NO idea what the intended meaning was. No theory at all. On the face of it, the apparent/plain/surface/literal meaning, it's just really depressing and off-putting. Sounds scolding. And sounds sus. 😒

I appreciate other, less awful sounding interpretations, but I wonder how do you find out what the better interpretation is? How do you go beyond the plain / surface / apparent meaning of the text -- then find a meaning that sounds better, that still makes sense, that doesn't distort the passage -- where do you get the information so you know you are understanding it correctly? 🤔
I have no trouble understanding Jesus is saying that those who follow him -- who follow the non-materialistic truth of spirit -- will be rejected and persecuted by the materialists of the world, which of course may include their families.

The understanding is taken from the context of the passage within the chapter: "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives Him who sent me" and the overall teachings of Jesus Christ including the sermon on the mount and others

EDIT: Christ does not promise peace on earth. Human nature and greedy materialism will remain as they have always been, but in God there is the individual spiritual 'peace that passes all understanding'

IMO

Last edited:
I'm mending! Slowly but surely.

Thanks for the sympathies! I really am in competent, and friendly, medical hands.

Wear sandals, do you hear!?
Strangely enough, I started wearing sandals this morning. It's nicely hot here this week(hitting the 80F ).

Back