LOL

Can't wait to hear your Christian apologetics for these atrocities . . .

(4 Kings 2:23-24)
God sent two bears to maul 42 kids to death for making fun of a bald dude.

(Genesis 19:26)
God turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for breaking a rule she didn't know existed.

(Leviticus 21:17-24)
God does not want coming into his churches: People with blemishes, blind people, the lame, those with flat noses, dwarves, people with scurvy, people with bad eyes, people with bad skin, and those that "hath their stones broken." God is technically responsible for giving people all of these afflictions in the first place.

(Exodus 4:24-26)
There is literally no explanation given in the Bible for God's decision to murder one of his chief supporters. The line is "At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him." The only sensible explanation for this is that God was drunk out of his mind and looking for a bar fight, and you better hope that's correct because the alternative is that God's a psychopath.

(Genesis 38:1-10)
Onan and his brother Er. God does not care for Er, and kills him. Standard God operating procedure. Onan's father orders Onan to have sex with Er's wife — not marry, by the way, just have sex with. This is actually pretty awkward for Onan, sleeping with his sister-in-law, and rather than give her any more kids (she had two with Er already) he pulls out. God is so infuriated that Onan did not fuck his sister-in-law to completion that he kills him, too. Now, you could argue that God demands that intercourse be used specifically for procreation, but given how much God loves killing babies and children, I don't think his motives here are exceptionally pure.

(Judges 14:1-19)
More evidence that God is possibly a low-level mobster: When his pal Samson got married, he was given 30 friends, and he posed them (a completely insane) riddle. Then he made a bet that if they could solve it in a week, Samson would give them all new clothes, but if they couldn't they would give Samson 30 pairs of new clothes. Well, Samson's wife wheedled the answer out of him and then told these dudes, at which point an angry Samson had to pay up. And here's where God comes in — literally, into Samson, giving him the power to murder 30 random people for their clothes. Only a true friend would help you commit mass murder to settle a completely stupid bet.
Christ surpassed the Old Testament.
So much for turning the other cheek ;)
No you deliberately misunderstand that too: it means patience, not acceptance of the utterance of fools without correction, imo

Satan is the ape of God -- the shadow -- the mimic, imo

Last edited:
Christ surpassed the Old Testament.
No you deliberately misunderstand that too: it means patience, not acceptance of the utterance of fools without correction, imo

Satan is the ape of God -- the shadow -- the mimic, imo
The New Testament is simply THE book of apologetics, cleverly designed to keep their Sheeple in the pasture.

There is plenty Evil in your Newest Edition.

I got news for you there is no God, or Satan, or. . . surprise. Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.

Last edited by a moderator:
The New Testament is simply THE book of apologetics, cleverly designed to keep their Sheeple in the pasture.
I got news for you there is no God, or Satan, or. . . surprise. Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.
Say what you want about God and Satan, but I will not hear such things said about the Easter Bunny! :p

But LaVey was for real? That's a good one, lol

And every government or "prophet" that tried to use Christianity to control the "sheeple" for some reason didn't follow or teach the Bible. Name one that did. Whoever wrote that book did a poor job controlling the masses. Human governments had to step in and distort the Bible in order to use it to manipulate the masses. Not one politician, dictator, priest, etc. controlled the masses with religion without distorting the texts of the Bible. Not one.

And every government or "prophet" that tried to use Christianity to control the "sheeple" for some reason didn't follow or teach the Bible. Name one that did. Whoever wrote that book did a poor job controlling the masses. Human governments had to step in and distort the Bible in order to use it to manipulate the masses. Not one politician, dictator, priest, etc. controlled the masses with religion without distorting the texts of the Bible. Not one.
Who's talking about governments?

Yes, and also some writings by "Frater Eremor", a LHP practitioner who I think is from Europe.

I wouldn't count Crowley in the LHP camp. But I know his writings well.

Back to dozing in my hospital bed. I'll be back up to speed in a few days.
Oh no! I had heard Thomas was ill, and that @RabbiO had dental surgery, but somehow I missed the news that you were ill!
I hope you are feeling better!
I was in the hospital a couple of times last year. It is no damn fun!
Wishing you well!!!

I stand by the Todd Grande analyses, in general, although he may have a minor point or two wrong.
I used to listen to Todd Grande all the time and I did see that video when it was current. He certainly does his research, though I suspect he does make errors and garner misinformation at times.
Used to be I would watch every video Dr Grande put out. It was a routine for me. He did use to be really great to watch, with a lot of good information on mental health, and a nice balance of empathetic warmth//thoughtful analysis//dry humor.
But he fell entirely away from the mental health and personality analysis angle almost entirely, and also his once refreshing dry humor gave way to snark and thoughtless or ignorant comments so I lost touch with his work. He mostly just does summaries of true crime incidents nowadays and I will catch a video his now and again.

Yes there is, I want this entire thread deleted, it is about the Iblis Pentagram not LaVey. Then I will create a new thread.
Deleted? That's way too much to ask.
The thread or most posts after a certain point could be moved to a new title or something. I think they've done that before. I don't know if it is ieasy to do or not. But I'd hate to see a whole convo deleted! NOOO!!!

Deleted? That's way too much to ask.
The thread or most posts after a certain point could be moved to a new title or something. I think they've done that before. I don't know if it is ieasy to do or not. But I'd hate to see a whole convo deleted! NOOO!!!
Well they didn't accommodate me, so I just changed the thread. Now we can talk about whatever you want.

Jesus is explaining the choice in all true religions between the passing things of the world of nature, or the eternal things of the world of spirit. The greater house of spirit surrounds and contains and permeates the room of nature, limited by time and space. Spirit weaves nature:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of me. And he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:21-26

Same as above. Jesus is not saying it is a good thing that should happen, but predicting the effect, just as the world rejected and persecuted him, so with his followers -- as the world has always done towards the truth:

“Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another.
Matthew 10:21-23

Jesus is not condemning the cities, he is predicting the cause and effect results of choosing the evils of greedy materialism as a way of life, in the same way that we are bringing the same upon ourselves by the treatment of our own living planet and in the same way that Jonah was sent by God to warn the city of Nineveh, but whose citizens chose to repent and turn away from their evil ways -- unlike those of the cities to which Jesus is speaking, in spite of the miracles they had seen:

Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”
Matthew 11:20-24

This is in the context of the camel and the eye of the needle. It is not in context an exhortation to abandon family, but to follow God above material attachments. The first commandment;

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
… And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Matthew 19:23-29

Not at all. Jesus is speaking in the context of a parable. It is just the way things are. It is the inescapable law of gravity:

Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given. For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”
Mark 4:24-25

See the parable of Lazarus and the rich man and also the Sermon on the Mount for Jesus's actual teaching about the fate of the poor in the life to come

Not at all. Jesus is speaking a parable about what happens in the world; it's just the way life is for a slave -- he is not ordering it or condoning it:

And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
Luke 12:47-48

Nobody is required to believe a single word of the Gospel accounts if they don't want to, but when quoting Jesus it is necessary and honest to consider the context and overall intent of the passages, imo
I like learning about interpretations that simply sound better and more reasonable than the plain text. But, how do you know that is what the passages really mean? Is the clue in the text, or from some other source? How can you tell that the words don't mean what they seem to on the surface? I agree things are not always what they seem, but in a case like this, how can you tell what the best interpretation is?

Can't wait to hear your Christian apologetics for these atrocities . . .

(4 Kings 2:23-24)
God sent two bears to maul 42 kids to death for making fun of a bald dude.

(Genesis 19:26)
God turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for breaking a rule she didn't know existed.

(Leviticus 21:17-24)
God does not want coming into his churches: People with blemishes, blind people, the lame, those with flat noses, dwarves, people with scurvy, people with bad eyes, people with bad skin, and those that "hath their stones broken." God is technically responsible for giving people all of these afflictions in the first place.

(Exodus 4:24-26)
There is literally no explanation given in the Bible for God's decision to murder one of his chief supporters. The line is "At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him." The only sensible explanation for this is that God was drunk out of his mind and looking for a bar fight, and you better hope that's correct because the alternative is that God's a psychopath.

(Genesis 38:1-10)
Onan and his brother Er. God does not care for Er, and kills him. Standard God operating procedure. Onan's father orders Onan to have sex with Er's wife — not marry, by the way, just have sex with. This is actually pretty awkward for Onan, sleeping with his sister-in-law, and rather than give her any more kids (she had two with Er already) he pulls out. God is so infuriated that Onan did not fuck his sister-in-law to completion that he kills him, too. Now, you could argue that God demands that intercourse be used specifically for procreation, but given how much God loves killing babies and children, I don't think his motives here are exceptionally pure.

(Judges 14:1-19)
More evidence that God is possibly a low-level mobster: When his pal Samson got married, he was given 30 friends, and he posed them (a completely insane) riddle. Then he made a bet that if they could solve it in a week, Samson would give them all new clothes, but if they couldn't they would give Samson 30 pairs of new clothes. Well, Samson's wife wheedled the answer out of him and then told these dudes, at which point an angry Samson had to pay up. And here's where God comes in — literally, into Samson, giving him the power to murder 30 random people for their clothes. Only a true friend would help you commit mass murder to settle a completely stupid bet.
I think we should have an entire thread about difficult bible passages and what people think they mean.
I've thought of starting one, but never got around to it.
I do think this direction should be a unique thread of its own.

Back