Adam and Eve Were the First Reincarnated Humans

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions' started by Base12, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Base12

Base12 Well-Known Member

Thank you @Ella S.

I love your slogan... 'Utilitarian Logician'. :cool:

I am an Engineer by trade, so I love Logic.

Ella S. likes this.
  2. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

Interesting. Other people have drawn far-reaching conclusions from the description of the tabernacle as well. In Rabbinical Judaism, the setting up/taking apart of of the Tabernacle are paralleles to the 6 days of creation and the 6 "work days" of the week, with the assembled tabernacle standing for the day of rest from creative/construction work and hence used to illustrate the kinds of work not permitted on Shabbat? For example, "ploughing" and "watering" and derived activities are discussed along the lines of raising a crop of certain plants used to dye the curtains. @RabbiO please correct me if I'm misrepresenting anything.

3. Ella S.

Ella S. Utilitarian Logician

I almost became an engineer. My grandfather was an engineer before he retired. I took some engineering courses. I have a healthy respect for the engineering method and use it quite a bit in an informal sense. I think it's just as important to learn as the scientific method.

I've actually studied formal logic. Mostly symbolic logic, both deductive and inductive (including statistics), but also computational logic. It's the one field I have some amount of expertise in, although I've been strongly considering going back to college when I have the money and getting a degree in logic.

Although, such a degree doesn't really have a lot of use, I would enjoy going into research projects on the side. I'm probably more familiar with logic than people who get those degrees, though, since I self-teach a lot through the free online resources given by Ivy League schools. It would be an easy A. I just don't have the money yet.

4. Base12

Base12 Well-Known Member

That is awesome @Ella S.

Indeed, the Scientific Method is something I wish the Church would do more often... lol.

Ella S. likes this.
  5. Base12

Base12 Well-Known Member