Christian Answers to Muslim Questions

Question:-
The Muslims that you have been talking with.. do you acknowledge their faith, their religion?

More than a few times I've prayed with my Muslim friends, and I tend to say "God, I believe that every man in this room wants to please you. We all also believe that there is one straight path to pleasing you. Please guide us to that straight path, so that one day we can all as one walk together in faith."

Now of course as I'm praying it...I believe if he answers that, we will all be Christian...and they believe if he answers that, we will all be Muslim. BUT, assuming ONE of us is right (cuz we could both be wrong) and God answers that prayer, somebody is going to be surprised. :) We just disagree on who that somebody will likely be.

So that's how I acknowledge their faith and they acknowledge mine. We all believe the other is pursuing pleasing God with all of their heart.

Oh, and as soon as that prayer is done, we go about being friends...playing some FIFA together on the PS5 or eating or working together on something. Example: the Festival of Nations, a celebration of cultural diversity, is coming up here in St. Louis in a couple weeks, and my Syrian friend has asked for me to find him help to run his food booth. So his booth will LIKELY be physically put together through tent and table donations from local churches and will be manned by my family and other Christians who love him and his family.

When we arent discussing our faiths...we are being brothers.

I acknowledge Muslims' faiths, yours as well. Do you acknowledge theirs or Tony's?
How could I not? There they are. As long as they acknowledge mine, and let me be, how could there be a problem?

I regret and apologise if I appear not to acknowledge the beliefs of others. Which is not the same as agreeing that I should embrace what they believe. I mostly react to try to correct misconception and fake news about the Catholic Church. People should not focus around attacking or dismissing other religions, and then bringing out the victim card when their own beliefs are questioned in return*. Forums like these exist to talk about it?

* Nobody here in particular, but we all know how it goes?

Please forgive me if I have offended anybody in my time here on this forum.
I am a sinner, and regret sometimes posting things that may offend other members.

That being said, I am still a Muslim and believe that Almighty God is One and has no partner.
I believe that Muhammad, peace be with him, is the messenger of God.

I do not believe that Jesus is God .. but believe he is "more" than a man.
All the prophets are "more" than just men.

If a person does not have great respect for Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, their faith is not complete, imo.

May God guide us all aright. Amen.

That's the Quran Jesus. Others believe the Gospel Jesus. The two versions of Jesus are very different. To find the Islamic Jesus, it's necessary to read the Quran. To find the Christian Jesus, it's necessary to read the Gospels

I see to understand who Jesus was and the the Messengers that have come before, we need the Bible, the Quran and the Baha'i Writings.

I see the Quran does not give a different Jesus, it gives the same Jesus Christ in a pure light, not in the light of a doctrine men conceived.

So all I can offer is that we have to look at it all within new frames of reference, or one can use the Bible to say, we need to see it through new eyes.

The problem we have, is that the Islam Divines also made doctrine of what Muhammad offered that is in the light of men's understandings, which in turn has added to the confusion.

The Baha'i Writings balance that confusion and show that both the Bible and the Quran are saying the same thing about Jesus the Christ.

It is really great to find that balance. Consider both Islam and Christianity fight over those differences, but given a new frame of reference we still hold dear to our faith and have nothing to disagree about!

Regards Tony

I am a sinner, and regret sometimes posting things that may offend other members.

That being said, I am still a Muslim and believe that Almighty God is One and has no partner.

If a person does not have great respect for Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, their faith is not complete, imo.

Yes indeed, may Allah guide us all aright. Both the Bible and the Quran can do just that, they compliment each other.

Peace be upon the Messengers.

Regards Tony

Now of course as I'm praying it...I believe if he answers that, we will all be Christian...and they believe if he answers that, we will all be Muslim. BUT, assuming ONE of us is right (cuz we could both be wrong) and God answers that prayer, somebody is going to be surprised. :) We just disagree on who that somebody will likely be.

Maybe you can both be right and both be right even when known by a different name. ;) A name the mouth of the Lord gives to us all.

Maybe we can all embrace The "Glory of God" in all the Names that have been and will be. The first and the last.

Amen

Regards Tony

So that's how I acknowledge their faith and they acknowledge mine. We all believe the other is pursuing pleasing God with all of their heart.

I think you will raise a smile in that when I go to Church and pray with the Christians, that what you offered may also be reflected in my thoughts.

Strange world we have, where our choices mould our truths.

May we all be One fold under One Shepherd, God. May our relative truths not prevent us being one human race, loving all as our One family.

Regards Tony

None so blind ...
The Quran is infallible and the Gospels are corrupted?

One has to look at their own relative truth and choices.

The Bible is sure Guidance, or Abdul'baha put it,

INSCRIPTION IN THE OLD BIBLE
Written by Abdul Baha in Persian

THIS book is the Holy Book of God, of celestial Inspiration. It is the Bible of Salvation, the noble Gospel. It is the mystery of the Kingdom and its light. It is the Divine Bounty, the sign of the guidance of God,
Abdul Baha Abbas.

Regards Tony

One has to look at their own relative truth and choices.
I thought you said there was only one truth?*

I'm sorry, but it's just verbal gymnastics to me. Nice words.

Difference is the essence of existence. The only certainty is constant change in nature.

Else all you get is homogeneous grey sludge -- forever

Last edited:
*All truths were relative, until the one truth of Baha'u'llah

It's not that I don't understand the basic Baha'i principle of progressive revelation

I try to understand a bit about the principle of many other faiths and beliefs. There's the Urantia Book and Rastafari, there's Wicca and Theosophy and Sikhism and Hare Krishna -- to say nothing of gospel Christianity in all its many forms -- Baha'i doesn't top them out, in my own mind.

*All truths were relative, until the one truth of Baha'u'llah

It's not that I don't understand the basic Baha'i principle of progressive revelation

All Truth is relative for us humans.

All the Messengers are the source of truth and it is how we choose to understand them that becomes our truth, relative to the capacity we are given and what we choose to embrace.

Our capacity and choices does not undermine the Messengers, who remain the source of truth from God, who is beyond all comprehension and is unapproachable to the human mind.

Regards Tony

I acknowledge Muslims' faiths, yours as well. Do you acknowledge theirs or Tony's?
What do you mean by acknowledging? Yes, they have their religions as we have ours.
IMHO, none that have Gods or messengers are in truth, Hinduism included.
Gods are imaginations, and (sorry to say) messengers are either psychologically imbalanced or fakes.

Last edited:
What do you mean by acknowledging? Yes, they have their religions as we have ours.
IMHO, none that have Gods or messengers are in truth, Hinduism included.
Gods are imaginations, and (sorry to say) messengers are either psychologically imbalanced or fakes.
It's recognition, Aup..... simply recognising that other people can have other opinions and beliefs to our own.
Many folks cannot/willnot recognise another's opinions, beliefs, religions etc. They focus just upon themselves and their own. More extreme.

One way to learn something about folks is to ask the simple question:- Can you acknowledge 'feminists'...... or 'Christians'..... or 'Communists' or any opinions, feelings, beliefs, religions etc. ......... and then just watch the answers come back in......

The easiest straight/moderate answer imo is 'Yes'.
But just wait for the answers that show tighter mindsets, angrier feelings, more extreme views. Like:-
A long winded paragraph to say Yes, which often means the opposite.
Or...... my belief is the only one!
Or..... 'They' are all nutters! etc etc
An answer-back like 'Do you?'
A answer like 'What do you mean?'
Any aggressive reply like 'They killed my cat!'
Any attempt to debate or argue against that simple question which is asking, 'Do you recognise that other people have other beliefs?'

......... a kind of 'extremism thermometer' maybe? Folks who cannot acknowledge others shouldn't apply for diplomatic posts! :)

'

To me the Quran Jesus is a quick sketch. He is a remote and shadowy character. He is an unfleshed skeleton with none of the love and human qualities of the Gospel Jesus. Assuming the vast majority of Muslims will never read the gospels ...

The Words and Actions of Jesus in the Quran
https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/19889/
(The Hadith quotes are not from the body of the Quran; they are later observations. The Quran quotes are highlighted in colour)

That's the whole of it. That's all there is

I am not denigrading the Quran account in any way. Am saying that the Quran Jesus is not necessarily the complete picture of Jesus

Last edited:

Your input is highly valued brother. I hope you are well?

Back