Your belief

Well, what I believe is from many different sources.
Don't care. If you want to know the truth, go to a validated source. If you want to understand why we believe what we believe, ditto.

From what you've said, too much ill-informed nonsense.

Unlike your belief, Jesus died on a cross for my sins and rose from the dead and is in Heaven with the Father.
..and how does that effect you personally?
The fact, as you believe it, that Jesus died for your sins, affects your life how?

Nutshell version, if I don't believe that Jesus is God, then I can't believe the Scriptures are trustworthy.
How come JW's and others do not have that problem?

Don't care. If you want to know the truth, go to a validated source. If you want to understand why we believe what we believe, ditto.

From what you've said, too much ill-informed nonsense.
What is a valid source? Aren't publications from the Catholic church valid. Aren't the actions and statements from the Catholic church valid. Aren't the words of the Popes valid. Every cult tries to hid their problems. Why does the Catholic church classify sins? The Bible does not.

..and how does that effect you personally?
The fact, as you believe it, that Jesus died for your sins, affects your life how?
Well, you should know this by now from my posts. My life was totally transformed. If you want to see a transformed life, look at the life of Paul, it does not get much clearer than that and I would say my transformation was much the same, except I was not call directly into the presence of Jesus (God).

Acts 9:3 As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him;
4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,
6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do.”
7 The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ac 9:3–7.

What is a valid source? Aren't publications from the Catholic church valid. Aren't the actions and statements from the Catholic church valid. Aren't the words of the Popes valid. Every cult tries to hid their problems.
The Catechism. Ott's Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma – safe start. But the nonsense you've spouted doesn't come from Catholic sources, or if it has, you've misunderstood it.

Why does the Catholic church classify sins? The Bible does not.
Actually, it does: Mark 3:28–30: "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin... "
(cf Matthew 12:30-32 and Luke 12:8–10)

Hebrews has something to say on the matter too.

And there are sins that aren't blasphemies, so ...

Well, you should know this by now from my posts. My life was totally transformed.
OK I can understand that your life was transformed .. that's good.
..but what is it about Jesus dying for your sins specifically, that has changed you?

Lots of people are transformed by religious belief .. but not all believe that.

OK I can understand that your life was transformed .. that's good.
..but what is it about Jesus dying for your sins specifically, that has changed you?

I would answer this if he doesn't!

Good analogy. I think though this is one of several reasons why many regard the Bible as complex rather than simple.
Some of my puzzles are more complex than others, just takes a little longer to get the picture, but the picture is still there (the one that I am working on right now is like this. Yes, I do realize that many people see the Bible as complex, even most Christians. All these people going to Bible studies! People are lazy, they just want the answers, but don't want to study, kinda like college kids. Take one book of the Bible, let's say a short book like Ephesians, it takes about 15 minutes to read. Now read the book every day for 30 days and see if you find something new. Even Jesus said that everyone would not understand.

There are a lot of things that change a person, like DUIs, But what really transforms a person. I don't mean to someone who obeys laws, I mean totally changes the way that a person thinks.

Actually, it does: Mark 3:28–30: "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin... "
(cf Matthew 12:30-32 and Luke 12:8–10)
Ok, I knew this was coming, actually it is not saying what I was talking about. This is the only act that keeps a person out of heaven, rejecting God. There are no other classifications for sin. Murder, lie, steal, adultery are all stated equally in the 10 Commandments. Murder ranks no different from a lie. Too many people want to believe that their sin is just a little sin, wrong, a sin is a sin.
James even equates Murder with Adultery.
James 2:9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
11 For He who said, “DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY,” also said, “DO NOT COMMIT MURDER.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

Sin is sin, period. Now how many hail Mary do I have to say, oh, 2 for this sin, 7 for that sin.....

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jas 2:9–11.

In listening to people talk about their religion, how well do you think people know what they believe to be factual and true? I find that most people who believe in a religion only believe in what they believe because that is what they have been told or either grew up in that religious household and that is what they were taught as kids. Any thoughts?
Agreed!
But there are EXCEPTIONS!
Let's study the Bible together; I will post any comments you have online with the scripture in question!
INSPIRED.jpg

How come JW's and others do not have that problem?
They do, they just don't know it! Jesus can't be your Savior if he is just another human. "a son" and not "the Son"
John 1 "the Word was God." this cannot be translated "the word was a god" like the JW's do.

I will post any comments you have online with the scripture in question!
I already know all your pat answers. You will believe whatever you want to believe. The scripture in John 1 cannot be translated "a god". I can give you a Greek lesson on that if you like.

Jesus can't be your Savior if he is just another human..
This seem to be a common view.
The Jews were/are expecting a Messiah .. a King chosen by God, to lead them out of oppression,
and establish Zion.

Many Christians have altered the concept of messiah, to be a dying-rising saviour,
that somehow magically saves people.

This seem to be a common view.
The Jews were/are expecting a Messiah .. a King chosen by God, to lead them out of oppression,
and establish Zion.

Many Christians have altered the concept of messiah, to be a dying-rising saviour,
that somehow magically saves people.
To so simplify what Christ suffered on the cross is extremely painful to me. He was totally innocent of any crime and He was brutalized beyond comprehension.

Umm .. illogical.
How did God dying on a cross save you?
Why weren't you saved before you were saved .. if you know what I mean? :)
He was the sacrificial lamb.. He was the Passover lamb slain for the sin of the world. Sin keeps us from The Father who is Holy...Good and Just. To understand that means He cannot abide sin. He cannot fellowship with man because of sin. Replacing the yearly sacrifice for atonement of Yom Kippur which held a very strict set of laws for a priest to even enter into the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. To sacrifice for the atonement of sin for the people of Israel this is where the Ark of the Covenant was housed. This had to be done yearly and hasn't been done since the destruction of the temple..

Jesus being GOD shed His blood to cover the sins of the world for all time past present and future. That is what saves me.

People that claim The Torah as their scripture really need to read it.

Back