Your belief

Many Christians have altered the concept of messiah, to be a dying-rising saviour,
that somehow magically saves people.
He is returning again as the King. Christians did not "alter" anything. You need to understand the Jewish Scriptures. When the King comes back, it's all over for those who don't believe.

To so simplify what Christ suffered on the cross is extremely painful to me. He was totally innocent of any crime and He was brutalized beyond comprehension.
I don't like to see anybody suffer.
Many people suffered for no fault of their own in the World Wars, and the Holocaust..
..throughout time, in fact.

It makes no sense whatsoever to me, that God can die on a cross.
God is eternal .. fully man, and fully God is an illogical concept.

I know, I know, people tell me that God does not have to be logical.
In that case, God expects us to believe the first commandment .. but then apparently tells us
through Jesus, that He is God in the flesh, and the Jews had it wrong all the time.
Oh boy!

He is returning again as the King.
Agreed upon.

When the King comes back, it's all over for those who don't believe..
Yes .. Book of Revelation can shed some light on that.
..but many people are simplistic .. they say "only their lot" are believers .. be they Christian, Muslim or Jew.

I think that many people will be in for a shock.
We will all have to wait and see .. it might be in our lifetime, or our offspring.
The thing is .. who will accept Jesus, and who won't?
It is easy for a person to say "Jesus will believe what I believe" .. but in reality, it cannot be true. :)

It makes no sense whatsoever to me, that God can die on a cross.
God is eternal .. fully man, and fully God is an illogical concept.
It's really too bad that you don't know what you are talking about.

Hey, why don't you tell me why Allah could not keep his stories straight (or maybe Muhammad could remember what he was told by Gabriel) when telling that Ishmael was the one Abraham was about to sacrifice.

I think that many people will be in for a shock
Let me tell you a true story.
There was a man who got caught with some drugs by the police. His lawyer told him not to worry that he would not go to jail. The man was very relieved and wasn't worried. When it came time to stand in front of the judge, the judge said that he believed that the man needed a little jail time. The man could not believe it and quietly mumbled, "This can't be, I wasn't suppose to go to jail".

Many people will be surprised like this man was at death.

"Many will say to me that day, did we not do all these great things and Jesus will say to them, depart, I don't know you" (my paraphrase) Who is it here who says "depart"?

Galatians ... I hinted at it in my post on the Lord's Day thread.
Oy...

It's not about what you believe, it is about what you do with what you believe. There needs to be a bit of emphasis on "do," provided what is done is for the correct reasons.

Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Well I have to say that say that we see Christians killing Christians.. just look at Ireland. Sorry had to plays the devil's advocate on this one.
It's ok. That was a sharp remark by me. But is it a lie? Ireland is recent, this has been going in the middle east since Muhammad made up a religion of violence and war.

Genesis 16:11 The angel of the LORD said to her further,
“Behold, you are with child,
And you will bear a son;
And you shall call his name Ishmael,
Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction.
12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man,
His hand will be against everyone,
And everyone’s hand will be against him;
And he will live to the east of all his brothers.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ge 16:11–12.

Last edited:
We all make our own choices..
We do .. but Jesus did not choose to be put on a cross.
We can say that he suffered due to speaking truth, and that is common.

Mankind often don't like to hear what doesn't suit them.
Prophets were oppressed and killed, for speaking truth.
..such as John the Baptist.

Some of my puzzles are more complex than others ...
OK, do you think at any point you can say. "Right, read that. Job done."? I think your answer would be 'No."

The way I see it, Jesus said 'seek and ye shall find' and the Bible is a living example of that.

You talk of puzzles. To me, it doesn't even have to be a puzzle. Contemplating what's there in plain sight leads to insights, understandings.

I think the Bible is a Book that keeps on giving.

I do realize that many people see the Bible as complex, even most Christians.
Maybe you're being ungenerous. I think most Christians believe it is straight forward, but know there is more to it than that.

The Bible is like Jesus. There's more to it than meets the eye.

All these people going to Bible studies!
And what are you hosting here, but your version of Bible Study? You're the master, hectoring us all for our tardiness and ignorance!

On the flip-side, others go to Bible class to share their experiences of a truly amazing book. To hexlp and inspire others – not put them down as you do.

Like being in a book club. My favourite author is so-and-so, and I really enjoy meeting other readers and listening to what they got out of the text and, despite the fact there are some books of his I read almost annually, I've met some people who clearly have more insight than I do ...

People are lazy ...
Can I ask a question ,,, do you not like people?

they just want the answers, but don't want to study...
So study, or not study, which is it ... or are they all worth your contempt?

D'you realise how you come across?

+++

Now I real;ise I might be hard on you ... but you are hard on me.

And, as a matter of facty, I don't believe Jesus is a cuddly teddy bear. You know that 'Gentle Jesus, meek and mild' – I don't buy it. I don't even like it. I think it's soppy.

The thing is – I'll take stick from Him, because He can save my soul. He is who He is.

I won't take it from you, because you can't – so please be careful when you set yourself up as judge and authority over other people.

Jesus said to St Catherine of Sienna "I am He Who Is, you are she who is not ..."

There's a puzzle to think about (And I can give you the Scriptural foundation for it if necessary).

It's ok. That was a sharp remark by me. But is it a lie? Ireland is recent, this has been going in the middle east since Muhammad made up a religion of violence and war.

Genesis 16:11 The angel of the LORD said to her further,
“Behold, you are with child,
And you will bear a son;
And you shall call his name Ishmael,
Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction.
12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man,
His hand will be against everyone,
And everyone’s hand will be against him;
And he will live to the east of all his brothers.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ge 16:11–12.
..to be a peacekeeper, one cannot accuse either party of being a war-monger.
G-d does not like those who start aggression .. whoever it may be.

No good will come out of 'backing Israel', because of an old covenant.
Peace can only be obtained, when a nation's citizens are treated justly.
Apartheid can never work in the long run.

..to be a peacekeeper, one cannot accuse either party of being a war-monger.
G-d does not like those who start aggression .. whoever it may be.

No good will come out of 'backing Israel', because of an old covenant.
Peace can only be obtained, when a nation's citizens are treated justly.
Apartheid can never work in the long run.
God literally gave Israel to the Jews.. scripture specified exactly the land that would be their promised land . As much as people think they can decide better than God who gets that land.. It was a prophecy fulfilled that they would get their home back... Thousands of years later they maintained their religion language and culture while spread all over the world. You cannot make that same claim for any other culture. God did that..who is anyone on earth able to decide what is better than God keeping His promise.

Deuteronomy 30:3
3 then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have mercy on you, and he will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you

Ezekiel 36:24
24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land

God literally gave Israel to the Jews.. scripture specified exactly the land that would be their promised land . As much as people think they can decide better than God who gets that land.. It was a prophecy fulfilled that they would get their home back... Thousands of years later they maintained their religion language and culture while spread all over the world. You cannot make that same claim for any other culture. God did that..who is anyone on earth able to decide what is better than God keeping His promise.

Deuteronomy 30:3
3 then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have mercy on you, and he will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you

Ezekiel 36:24
24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land
Which does not mean that the situation is not complicated by old animosities and inflamed by extremists on both sides.

These forums may not be the place to start a discussion about Israel and Palestine? I definitely won't be involved and it's going to head towards closure of the thread, imo

Which does not mean that the situation is not complicated by old animosities and inflamed by extremists on both sides.

These forums may not be the place to start a discussion about Israel and Palestine? I definitely won't be involved and it's going to head towards closure of the thread, imo
I agree and you are right.

Reactions: RJM
Back