A more beautiful and simple proof of G-d, I have never seen

I was laying in bed trying to sleep, while simultaneously pondering the significance of this symbol. Why would G-d reveal such a carefully hidden Magen David? Well, between you all and me, I think this symbol is hinting at the Messiah. After all the scion of David is much like this flower. It lay dormant for centuries, deprived of the necessary conditions to grow and flourish. Perhaps the Messiah has become aware of his true purpose and potential? Perhaps the sleeper has awakened ;). Its just a thought anyways, but one that is kinda keeping me up at the moment.

i dont know NewAge. they are seeing this Star under a microscope on a plant. i know there are some other plants around here that are called star of david but cant recall which ones they are. it is hard fro me to understand what hey are trying to do in this article. I do believe God may be trying to speak in science. for some that may be the only way they will hear Him.

God has not turned His back on His people and He is still the same God on the same throne that He was on Mt Sinai;) .

does this sound familiar?...
when i hear the sound of fig leaves rustling in the summer breeze, and i see the Lord restore Jeruselem...
is that circle (shield) always supposed to be there in the star?
getimage.asp
http://central.ujcfedweb.org/getimage.asp?id=52802

It was the first time that Kamenetsky, a leading floriculturist, had seen a Star of David pattern on the cells of any plant.

i have to say that i think it's somewhat insulting to belief to try and "prove" that G!D exists. it's something that baffles philosophers, so frankly, unless you think it's convincing it won't actually convince you. in short, proof schmoof.

b'shalom

bananabrain

The article is a little bit complex. Essentially, the reason that the flower can survive the harsh desert conditions in Israel is because its cells are shaped like little stars of David. In the picture, notice you can trace two large overlapped and horizontally flipped triangles which make the 6 points of the Magen David.

It is also true that you cannot totally prove or disprove G-d's existence. I personally need no further proof, but I found the article fascinating anyways. It is interesting to see that G-d protects one of His flowers with the same symbol as he protects the Jewish people.

Also, its only fair to note that I was sleep deprived when I posted the first topic and its follow up. I was a little excited. Nevertheless, I still insist that it is an interesting article.

Lastly, for bandit, if you look closely you see that the center more closely resembles a hexagon with 6 sides, and is really not all that circular. This is, in fact, part of the magen david. Here is a picture and some historical info from a christian perspective.

http://www.nisbett.com/symbols/star-david.htm

Lastly, for bandit, if you look closely you see that the center more closely resembles a hexagon with 6 sides, and is really not all that circular. This is, in fact, part of the magen david. Here is a picture and some historical info from a christian perspective.
Yes, I see it now. Hexagon is what I thought it always was. I see it in the microscope now also.

It's unlikely it's the original symbol of Judaism and the symbol is found in other religions too. But it is pretty to look at and a wonderfully poetic coincidence.

Dauer

But it is pretty to look at and a wonderfully poetic coincidence.
anybody seen a picture of a larger area?

I'd like to see if this is unique or a repeated pattern or an occasional pattern.

You can see the lines of the blue extend beyond the frame in all directions...I'd like to see more of the picture..

If you draw the star of david perfectly and then extend the lines of each triangle and draw the corresponding parallel line proportionately you get a repeated pattern in which the stars completely disappear unless you focus in on one...

So I'm wondering if that is what the cell structure of these overlapping blue 'cords' would become or if they would end up in various patterns...

It is one of the "semiregular" tilings, filling the plane with a repeated pattern in which all edges are the same length, but not all the polygons have the same number of edges (the only perfectly "regular" tilings are the square, hexagon, and triangular grids). This one alternates triangles and hexagons.

Wow, that is so beautiful. I always think it's astonishing that beautifully ordered structures appear in nature, which some would have us believe is totally chaotic.

Back