Dreams..

Postmaster

Reaction score
I want to share a dream I had recently, I hope someone might be able to decrypt it. It’s actually funny, as dreams always are when you wake up and realise what you dreamt, however at the time I was in complete horror.

I was dreaming that I was part of the Roman army and in the middle of a battle against our enemies who presume were barbaric tribes. I felt like it was on Roman ground because the grounds were white and stone / marble. However we were losing the battle, they had arrows and people were dieing before my eyes. I made an attempt to escape so went to the edge of a hill and rolled down, when I finally got to the bottom (bumpy ride) I played dead however still got hit and there was more people at the bottom dead or almost dead and injured. Personally I put down to a few things, the dream doesn't mean anything and I've been watching too many films or it could possibly mean I will triumph over something since dreams have the tendency to mean the opposite, or it could be a literal symbolic meaning of something bad happening.

Any ideas?

Also on topic please feel free to share you dreams. I'd love to hear about them.

Aren't dreams fairly personal?

Who is Rome to you? Who are the barbarians to you? What is a battle on Roman ground between these two forces to you? What do the arrows, that can creep past your defenses, represent?

What does it mean that you ran away from this? What does your descent represent (did it feel like a descent?) What does it mean that playing dead, you still got hit? What do all of the dead and injured represent?

Is this speaking about something internal or external?

I don't like the idea of interpreting other people's dreams. I think some dreams may be about something. Other dreams may have the potential to stand for something, while not being about something originally, not that they should stand for something but that all stories bear the mythic seeds that can represent the daily struggles in our lives and the lives of all people. If my questions are or aren't helpful, that's fine, but I'm not even quick to interpret my own dreams.

Dauer

Hello, I'm a new member. So, hello everyone.

I read your dream with interest. Were Romans not a powerful army in those days? They had the power and tools to conquer any country their heart desired. In your dreams, the Roman army had the arrows and were very powerful, more powerful against a group of barbaric people, yet they were hit and killed. Why did they not use their power or arrows to attack or defend themselves?

Why did you play dead? Was it that you did not know how to use your arrow or fight like the rest of the Roman army? :) Some dreams have meanings, some are just to be ignored. Only you can decide. But I look at dreams and see what can be learnt spiritually. So, below is my interpetation:

Spiritually, I read your dream in an interesting way. Christians are very powerful and we have the armour to fight against spiritual battles against a less powerful force. Some of us find it hard to know how to use our weapons, some of us prefer to play it gently and 'let sleeping dogs lie'. The enemy is ready to fight and take captives. He came to steal, kill and destroy. He will not stop at anything and take advantage of relaxing mood of the powerful force and finish them off (if he is allowed).

Qazxsw

Spiritually, I read your dream in an interesting way. Christians are very powerful and we have the armour to fight against spiritual battles against a less powerful force. Some of us find it hard to know how to use our weapons, some of us prefer to play it gently and 'let sleeping dogs lie'. The enemy is ready to fight and take captives. He came to steal, kill and destroy. He will not stop at anything and take advantage of relaxing mood of the powerful force and finish them off (if he is allowed).

Wow thanks for that appreciated ... I remember the Roman side had the best armour, however the invaders didn't they had the arrows when we had swords. Many went on to fight and die I decided to play dead, however when I got to the bottom of the hill as I described and saw all the dead people and myself getting hit (think I might have been hit not sure) I realised the battle was lost. After that I woke up. I still believe that the dream was of something positive. I'm not sure if this is the same for all superstition meanings however in Greek culture, when you dream of birth or newly born babies it symbolises death and when you dream of death it symbolises newly born babies or something positive. Dreaming of a wedding is a negative, dreaming of flowers is a bad sign. So if you see where I’m coming from, it’s a positive sign or dream, if it is indeed a sign. Dreaming of dirt and poo means money also. However some people can literally dream straight up front, events which happen before the day has occurred, this I experienced on many occasions.

I had a dream recently not sure when it was one, two or three nights ago... I think. Can't remember much either... lol Was running away from people can't remember which people, but I can recall I knew them. Anyway It made me toss and turn in my sleep and made me restless... Because I couldn't dream me running correctly.... If you can understand what I mean... Imagine you're running... But you aren't running at what is the possible speed you keep stopping or walking or some kind of glitch in the code lol... And it frustrates you because you are trying to tell a story and you should be running right now... Yet you're not... And people are gaining grounds.

There is no before scene nor after scene(not which I can recall) It just begins with me having to run. And I wake up tired because I have been frustratingly trying to run the whole night (Or what it seems) The dream keeps "resetting" and I keep trying to run......And from the moment I wake bits and peices of the dream vanish one by one. *shruggs* Thought I'd share. Not that fancy of a dream but hey at least I had one :D

I had a dream recently not sure when it was one, two or three nights ago... I think. Can't remember much either... lol Was running away from people can't remember which people, but I can recall I knew them. Anyway It made me toss and turn in my sleep and made me restless... Because I couldn't dream me running correctly.... If you can understand what I mean... Imagine you're running... But you aren't running at what is the possible speed you keep stopping or walking or some kind of glitch in the code lol... And it frustrates you because you are trying to tell a story and you should be running right now... Yet you're not... And people are gaining grounds.

There is no before scene nor after scene(not which I can recall) It just begins with me having to run. And I wake up tired because I have been frustratingly trying to run the whole night (Or what it seems) The dream keeps "resetting" and I keep trying to run......And from the moment I wake bits and peices of the dream vanish one by one. *shruggs* Thought I'd share. Not that fancy of a dream but hey at least I had one :D

wait for it.......... here it comes

"Do you not know that the runners in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may attain it."
1 Cor. 9:24.

running expresses movement, action, going forward, running is one of the most forceful, striking words the apostle could use to express the efforts a Christian must put forth to win the prize of everlasting life in God’s new world.

are you getting there or are you getting nowhere :)

Run in such a way that you may attain .that prize of everlasting life
Yes, run to win!
Unlike the ancient foot race, in which only one received the prize, the Christian race offers a prize to all who run well, to all who reach the goal line.—1 Cor. 9:24.

and dont look back at the things behind you :D DID YOU LIKE THAT :D

I had a weird dream last night about Mormons, and I dont even know any.

There were some evil Mormon women and it was like their heads were filled with some kind of poison, you could actually see it, a green blue colour. and they were after me.

there were also some Jehova's witnesses they were evil but not as bad as the Mormons.

when I woke up I thanked God for showing me some truth in my Dream.

Apologies to any Mormons or JW.

Postmaster said:
...it could possibly mean I will triumph over something...
I wouldn't take it too seriously. When I was 5 or so, I had a dream where I courageously fought with a large black & orange striped tiger. Although I didn't envision the actual fight very well the dream environment was quite vivid, I somehow won and killed the cat. Sticky blood oozed down my face from where I had been cut during the fight. How does a 5 year old know to imagine blood on his face? Powers of the mind, I guess. I also dreamed standing in the same place that I was attacked by ants that come out of a tree trunk. I was afraid and woke up. In an earlier dream, a monkey climbed out of a hole in the ground and bit me and I woke up. In another dream, a tarantula got onto my arm and I woke up. Another time, a redskinned indian of the cowboys & indians & feathers from the movies chased me around my house into my room, where I became frozen with fear face down on my bed. He cut a circular hole into my back and I woke up.

I want to share a dream I had recently, I hope someone might be able to decrypt it. It’s actually funny, as dreams always are when you wake up and realise what you dreamt, however at the time I was in complete horror.

I was dreaming that I was part of the Roman army and in the middle of a battle against our enemies who presume were barbaric tribes. I felt like it was on Roman ground because the grounds were white and stone / marble. However we were losing the battle, they had arrows and people were dieing before my eyes. I made an attempt to escape so went to the edge of a hill and rolled down, when I finally got to the bottom (bumpy ride) I played dead however still got hit and there was more people at the bottom dead or almost dead and injured. Personally I put down to a few things, the dream doesn't mean anything and I've been watching too many films or it could possibly mean I will triumph over something since dreams have the tendency to mean the opposite, or it could be a literal symbolic meaning of something bad happening.

Any ideas?

Also on topic please feel free to share you dreams. I'd love to hear about them.

sounds like you are invloved in some kind of struggle that you would like to escape from and hand out with some drop outs for a while,

might I suggest a hippy festival or similar if there is anything like that near you.

There were some evil Mormon women and it was like their heads were filled with some kind of poison, you could actually see it, a green blue colour. and they were after me.

there were also some Jehova's witnesses they were evil but not as bad as the Mormons.

:Dmaybe someone has filled your head with poison, i would work to get rid of it ,then you could just see others in a better way , a good antidode for satans poisonous venom is a
personal Bible study, with JEHOVAHS WITNESSES themselves, and the putting on of the complete suit of armor from God.

Together, these give us the ability to distinguish between right and wrong and to hate that which God hates

poison that fills your head , will not lead you to God it will blind and confuse you.

it will be much better to wash it away with the pure word of truth . then you can become clean in the eyes of the most high JEHOVAH.

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. John 17;3

The true God is Jehovah as psalm 83;18 informs us, :)

:Dmaybe someone has filled your head with poison, i would work to get rid of it ,then you could just see others in a better way , a good antidode for satans poisonous venom is a
personal Bible study, with JEHOVAHS WITNESSES themselves, and the putting on of the complete suit of armor from God.

Together, these give us the ability to distinguish between right and wrong and to hate that which God hates

poison that fills your head , will not lead you to God it will blind and confuse you.

it will be much better to wash it away with the pure word of truth . then you can become clean in the eyes of the most high JEHOVAH.

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. John 17;3

The true God is Jehovah as psalm 83;18 informs us, :)

LOL you are funny, mee. I have nothing against you JW, I think that you are deceived but you seem harmless enough.

You should get down to a good AOG or PIH Church, they should be able to set you straight on a few doctrinal issues :cool:

LOL you are funny, mee. I have nothing against you JW, I think that you are deceived but you seem harmless enough.
why do you think that i am decieved?:) and why do you think i need to be set straight?

you havent been drinking in some more poison have you? it can effect your thinking you know :D

What made you percieve them as evil?

wait for it.......... here it comes

"Do you not know that the runners in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may attain it."
1 Cor. 9:24.

running expresses movement, action, going forward, running is one of the most forceful, striking words the apostle could use to express the efforts a Christian must put forth to win the prize of everlasting life in God’s new world.

are you getting there or are you getting nowhere :)

Run in such a way that you may attain .that prize of everlasting life
Yes, run to win!
Unlike the ancient foot race, in which only one received the prize, the Christian race offers a prize to all who run well, to all who reach the goal line.—1 Cor. 9:24.

and dont look back at the things behind you :D DID YOU LIKE THAT :D

lol that is one way too look at it thanks for the post mee. :)

why do you think that i am decieved?:) and why do you think i need to be set straight?

I believe that JW follow a lot of false teachings and that their beliefs differ very much from that of Christians. and that the JW use their own dodgy Bible translation which further erodes their credibility, but its not all bad.

What made you percieve them as evil?

hard to say in a dream, I perceived that their heads were full of poison and that they were trying to infect me with that same poison :eek:

are you a mormon ?

couple of observations...

one is that whenever we see others in dreams it is an aspect of ourselves.

similarily, the mirror, when we see evil (or good) in others is because we have that same in ourselves

couple of observations...

one is that whenever we see others in dreams it is an aspect of ourselves.

similarily, the mirror, when we see evil (or good) in others is because we have that same in ourselves

clearly this is your opinion, and not based on actual facts :p

clearly this is your opinion, and not based on actual facts :p
Namaste GtG,

Since the facts almost completely change every few hundred years (earth center of universe, flat earth, atoms smallest particles, germs nonexistent, G!d residing just above the waters...and on and on.) All of what I say is my opinion, much based on the facts of today as we know them...

clearly all dream interpretation is opinion and not based on actual fact.

But consider the mirror as you look at others, what appeals to you is things you are striving for, when it irritates you that someone talks to much it is when you are trying to talk, when someone bothers you because they are lying it is because you also have an issue with bending the truth in yourself.

Now like most people, I hate the freaking mirror, it shines right on me things I need to work on. Reality isn't easy to take. And the more we dislike the concept of the mirror...well there exists a reason.

But that is my opinion and not based on actual fact.

Dali Lama, 'You know you are enlightened when everyone you see, you see an enlightened'

My preacher, "So I walk the mall to see how far I have to go!!"

Back