Dreams..

I once had a dream that I was fighting something. Matter of fact it was 3 dreams in a row (three nights in a row). I could not see what I was fighting, but I could feel it hitting me. In the last dream it broke my arm, and I woke up. My arm felt like it was broken. It was not broken, but the pain almost made me cry.

The 1st 2 dreams I was able to punch back and sense when it was coming at me. I could hear the wind from its movement when it would move toward me. I was able to punch and push it off me before it was able to do much damage, and just when I had my hands around its neck, I would wake up.

The 3rd dream, it broke my arm, but somehow, I was able to catch it by the neck with my good hand and arm and strangle it to death and I did not have any more of those dreams after that.

Any comment on what it may have been?
(Keep in my mind that what ever it was I could not see it.)

I remember reading (somewhere) that a large percentage of the dreams men have (I want to say like 75%) are about fighting, although like most dreams these are not remembered upon waking.

Can't remember what women's dreams are mostly about, or perhaps the article did not say.

I once had a dream that I was fighting something. Matter of fact it was 3 dreams in a row (three nights in a row). I could not see what I was fighting, but I could feel it hitting me. In the last dream it broke my arm, and I woke up. My arm felt like it was broken. It was not broken, but the pain almost made me cry.

The 1st 2 dreams I was able to punch back and sense when it was coming at me. I could hear the wind from its movement when it would move toward me. I was able to punch and push it off me before it was able to do much damage, and just when I had my hands around its neck, I would wake up.

The 3rd dream, it broke my arm, but somehow, I was able to catch it by the neck with my good hand and arm and strangle it to death and I did not have any more of those dreams after that.

Any comment on what it may have been?
(Keep in my mind that what ever it was I could not see it.)

Wow! Good one. What ever it was you did, cost you, but you finally "won". I'm sure there are those that can help you interpret that dream series...though it seems quite evident to me that you were leading up to something (gaining confidence in ability?), and then made the choice and paid a bit, but won the "battle".

That's a keeper.

I remember reading (somewhere) that a large percentage of the dreams men have (I want to say like 75%) are about fighting, although like most dreams these are not remembered upon waking.

Can't remember what women's dreams are mostly about, or perhaps the article did not say.
I think this is about dreams we remember (e.g. can't forget after a morning or a day or so on). I mean I understand men tend to be rather short sighted Luna... :D

I think this is about dreams we remember (e.g. can't forget after a morning or a day or so on). I mean I understand men tend to be rather short sighted Luna... :D

No, the article was specifically about all dreams, not just remembered dreams. I'm not sure if they woke subjects up or monitored heart rate and reflexive actions or some combination, but the thing I remeber is that it was the dreams you don't even remember having that are mostly about fighting.

No, the article was specifically about all dreams, not just remembered dreams. I'm not sure if they woke subjects up or monitored heart rate and reflexive actions or some combination, but the thing I remeber is that it was the dreams you don't even remember having that are mostly about fighting.
lol, I won't argue a truth, I'm saying, we do often remember...:eek:

lol, I won't argue a truth, I'm saying, we do often remember...:eek:

OH...:eek:

When I mentioned this to my husband his reaction also was that 'he could believe that.' That actually surprised me. You guys must burn a lot of calories at night.

OH...:eek:

When I mentioned this to my husband his reaction also was that 'he could believe that.' That actually surprised me. You guys must burn a lot of calories at night.
Um er, in the best of situations?...yes.:rolleyes:

Strange, I can't remember ever having a single fighting dream. If they constitute 75% of all dreams, you'd think I would remember at least one.

I have, however, had plenty of fleeing dreams. dreams where I'm trying to run away from something, but running is extremely difficult. I keep stumbling and can't seem to find the energy to go anywhere fast. Meanwhile I'm terrified that the thing chasing me is going to catch up. It somehow always seems to stop before it catches me, or I get away.

I had an interesting dream last night, and it included fighting!

For the first part of the dream I was a formless spectator. There was a woman who was taking a tour of Hell. In one part of Hell, there was a stadium where demons and monsters tortured the damned. The woman saw a giant she knew in the stadium, torturing people. She went over to talk to him. She appeared to be somewhat mad at him for choosing such a detestable profession, but their conversation basically went like this:
"So, how’s Hell?"
"meh, it’s a livin'."

Then the dream changed so that I was one of the damned in the stadium. There were several "rounds" (infinite I suppose). After each round, everyone would go backstage and be assigned a rank based on how well they fared against the demons. Each rank would be given a different drink. Most of the drinks were something like kool-aid, but one low rank drink was something like Pepto-Bismol.

One round, I was running around the stadium like usual trying to avoid the demons, when I found a long battle axe. I grabbed it and started hacking at a demon. After killing it, I looked around to see if any other was about to attack me. I started hacking at another, and that's where the dream ended.

edit: just fixing a wording issue

I had an interesting dream last night, and it included fighting!

For the first part of the dream I was a formless spectator. There was a woman who was taking a tour of Hell. One part of Hell was a stadium where demons and monsters would torture the damned. The woman saw a giant she knew in the stadium, torturing people. She went over to talk to him. She appeared to be somewhat mad at him for choosing such a detestable profession, but their conversation basically went like this:
"So, how’s Hell?"
"meh, it’s a livin'."

Then the dream changed so that I was one of the damned in the stadium. There were several "rounds" (infinite I suppose). After each round, everyone would go backstage and be assigned a rank based on how well they fared against the demons. Each rank would be given a different drink. Most of the drinks were something like kool-aid, but one low rank drink was something like Pepto-Bismol.

One round, I was running around the stadium like usual trying to avoid the demons, when I found a long battle axe. I grabbed it and started hacking at a demon. After killing it, I looked around to see if any other was about to attack me. I started hacking at another, and that's where the dream ended.
What do you think it means?

It means.... I'm going to hell?

It was probably inspired by Dante's Divine Comedy, although I've never actually read it. I've read about it.

Theorizing about how to control dreams and understand the stream of consciousness:

You're familiar with Quantum Physics and Relativity? They have parallels with dreaming. Every time Starship focused upon something in his dream, his surrounding situation would change. Whenever Starship was unfocused and simply took in the situation, things would happen within his frame of reference. Every time you focus upon something or become interested in a situation in a dream, you lose connection with the rest of the dream-scape and things quickly change around you. Anything you're not passively observing will cause your perception of things to change, because focusing is like accelerating to the speed of light when you're in a dream world. Just a theory.

In dreams any answered question creates more questions and more disorientation, and rarely any item within dream can be both observed and comprehended at the same time. Its sort of like the Uncertainty Principle in Physics.

The other similarity is with Special Relativity. In Special Relativity a body accelerated to near speed-o-light loses its time equality with things that are not accelerating with it. It experiences less time or a slowing of time relative to them. An example: A quick round trip of 8 days at light speed will return you to an Earth that has experienced thousands of years in your absence! Dreams are like that, too, but change with focus instead of acceleration.

The "Heisenberg principle" applied to dreams...now that is interesting!

Strange, I can't remember ever having a single fighting dream. If they constitute 75% of all dreams, you'd think I would remember at least one.

Come to think of it, I have had quite a few dreams that include fighting in some form. It might not be as much as 75%, but it is significant.

Theorizing about how to control dreams and understand the stream of consciousness:

You're familiar with Quantum Physics and Relativity? They have parallels with dreaming. Every time Starship focused upon something in his dream, his surrounding situation would change. Whenever Starship was unfocused and simply took in the situation, things would happen within his frame of reference. Every time you focus upon something or become interested in a situation in a dream, you lose connection with the rest of the dream-scape and things quickly change around you. Anything you're not passively observing will cause your perception of things to change, because focusing is like accelerating to the speed of light when you're in a dream world. Just a theory.

In dreams any answered question creates more questions and more disorientation, and rarely any item within dream can be both observed and comprehended at the same time. Its sort of like the Uncertainty Principle in Physics.

The other similarity is with Special Relativity. In Special Relativity a body accelerated to near speed-o-light loses its time equality with things that are not accelerating with it. It experiences less time or a slowing of time relative to them. An example: A quick round trip of 8 days at light speed will return you to an Earth that has experienced thousands of years in your absence! Dreams are like that, too, but change with focus instead of acceleration.

Interesting ideas. Most of my dreams are like the one I just described, where the plot changes in the middle of the dream, and my mind pretends the plot has always been that way. In many cases the "plot" changes so much, there is no discernable storyline, its just one wierd stream of conciousness.

In this particular dream I didn't feel like I was "concentrating" any more at any specific time in the dream. I do, however, have many dreams where there is some goal that I must accomplish, and it never gets done.

i had a dream last night that my house was on fire:eek:

but thinking about it, i did watch the film volcano last night and the buildings everywhere were on fire in that film .LOL

Back