Marijuana

This is one situation, where I agree about using THC. While someone is sick...

Otherwise, it is like a perscription drug...only to be used for the time needed. Anything else is abuse, and illegal.

Welcom to Interfaith. :D

v/r

Q

Bleedin hell Q, because its illegal!! Sometimes you leave me with the impression you need professional help from people who know how to relax. With luck you shall be so blessed later this year ;) Its legality is of no consequence.

TheKhan,

I would be very interested to hear in your own words a brief explanation of the main themes of Shintoism and what it has meant to you.

TheKhan,

I would be very interested to hear in your own words a brief explanation of the main themes of Shintoism and what it has meant to you.

Well there`s not much that I know, its just there. The shrine temples are like a wishing well. Clean water (especially in mountains) is considered pure. Has something to do with oak with regards to my family. Buddhists are originally two handed karate weapons folks whereas I believe that the concept of the Japanese sword is a Shinto concept, its kind of like a Japanese holy bible.

What I got out of this is since the water of the shrine that my family goes to got polluted and got turned off, and I remember that the water was fantastically delicious. It has led me to think about water pollution and how important clean water is. I might even make it like a religion in the future when I figure out a cheap way to produce hydrogen from water. Overall Shinto has increased my awareness about the beauty of nature.

Also everyone in Japan is expected to show respect to the Japanese Imperial family. I don`t feel the Shinto much in the royal family, but in a way they are like gods to me, as they have somehow managed to make the right decisions and protected Japan literally up to this point. fyi, there are other people around the world that I have as much respect too.

Old houses have mini-shrines high up on walls close to the ceiling, and the water there is changed regularly, I think the water in this context is symbolic to sake alchohol. Fruits and rice are served to the gods, maybe meant as ancestors but the most detail traditions have been forgotten in the household. The Jedi knight aspects, the knowledge is well preserved and can be freely taught to anyone.

slight correction, Buddhists are one handed, two weapons folks originally.

The reason why Shintoists incorporated Buddhism is, from what I know, the Shintoists viewed Buddhism as a modern civilization that could destroy Shinto Japan. And thus, the decision to import Buddhism was made. In that essence Buddhism is similar to Christianity, and has many similar traits when compared with ancient religions prior to 2000 years ago. I still wonder why we did not do the same with Christianity.

Shinto to me is kind of like the old testament to me as a story, and I hardly know anything about the stories as it is written in the ancient language. I got a major kick out of reading some translated Shinto texts at this web site. The translator went as far as translating it using the biblical writing styles, while also writing that the victims were sliced open like a melon. In the English translation, I rather got the impression that Shinto was a story about a serial killer, which I find some humor in it.

This is not official Shinto thought, but what I view as ultimate knowledge of the sword is the "sword that activates/alive-ing people". Where as the sword to kill people is called the "murder sword". A number of great swordsmen reached that conclusion, and that is why I view the Japanese sword as the Japanese bible, it is a record of the people of Japan condensed in the manufacturing process and relationship to the Japanese sword.

Oh, and going back to the original discussion.

There is a shrine that the Japanese imperial family attends at a ceremony, and at the ceremony, hemp is burnt.

So in any way what so ever in Japan is it a crime to burn hemp, although its currently treated like cocaine.

TK

Bleedin hell Q, because its illegal!! Sometimes you leave me with the impression you need professional help from people who know how to relax. With luck you shall be so blessed later this year ;) Its legality is of no consequence.
Ya know what Tao, you like me. Despite my stance you like me...and one of the things you like is that I don't waiver in my stance.

Well, I like you too...:D

Tisn't illegal everywhere now is it?? The war on drugs is wasted on marijuana... which wasn't even a problem until it was made illegal. Prohibition never works and before Obama is out of office I think it'll be decriminalized federally in the US. (and taxed like hell to help balance the budget)

:D Good points and great idea for the budget help. I would happily pay for legal marijuana instead of taking nasty prescription drugs for chronic pain.

Bleedin hell Q, because its illegal!!

Not in Holland. In Holland, you just go to a coffeeshop (coffeeshop = marihuana shop) and select one out of 5 to 10 different types of ganja and also a few types of hash. You can choose a poor quality variation for 3 to 5 Euros per gram or a high quality variation for 10 to 15 Euros per gram. All, with a maximum of 5 grams per person (per coffeeshop ;)). After you buy, you either take your purchase home or roll a joint in the coffeeshop itself. The atmosphere is somewhat similar to that of a pub, but with alcohol replaced by marihuana.

Personally, I'm an occasional smoker. Every now and then my girlfriend and I buy ourselves a few grams, smoke a few joints a day until there's no more stash and then not smoke at all unless with friends who do. That way, you can enjoy it without getting addicted or losing some of your mental capacities. In my country (Belgium) it can not be legally purchased, but it's quite easy to take it accross the border from Holland to Belgium and there is no effort to punish private use of the substance.

I would happily pay for legal marijuana instead of taking nasty prescription drugs for chronic pain.

lol oh my gosh, who wouldn't????

Go to amsterdam ;) I am seriously thinking about buying a place over there as a second home.

Edit,

Or just grow it yourself? I would -imagine- that would work out effective and cheap.........

Go to amsterdam ;) I am seriously thinking about buying a place over there as a second home.

Of all cities in Holland, why the hell Amsterdam? In a place like Maastricht the atmosphere is much better, the streets are much safer, you're much closer to other countries and marihuana is probably even cheaper.

FYI, I just scored my 1/4 oz.

So if my posts start to veer to the bizarre, you'll have a clue as to the cause.*

*Honest, posts up to this point have been produced while I was straight! OMG!

there are worse and more deadly habits, and let's not forget the 'legal drugs' such as alcohol. CZ you can't live in Paradise and not smoke pot....just a thought.

you can't live in Paradise and not smoke pot....just a thought.
Namaste and welcome Auster...

Why not?

Whilst this is a secular thread I'm assuming you are referring to heaven or the garden, the former if it is a place of clouds, all white, harps and humidity without some extracurricular enjoyment I'm not altogether that interested, and as to the latter, He gave us every herb for our use yes?

But back to paradise...an anecdote... late 70's who knows what year, I used to winter in Key West...one fine rainy monsoonish day we were in the 'Bottle Cap' saloon, a local non tourist hangout playing pool, drinking toddies and having the occaisional traipse around the corner to maintain the mood. Well they have this thing in Key West called the Conch Train, a jeep made up to look like a train, which tows 6-8 open air cars behind it and hauls the touristas around to give them a view and the history of the island. During such inclement weather we simply wore swimtrunks and a wide brimmed hat...no shoes, no shirt to get wet... meanwhile here is us, playing pool, feeling no pain, and here comes the Conch Train, with all the tourists coverning themselves with sheets of plastic trying to keep dry in a heavey driving rain.

So one of my compadres hearing the trains speakers tell of the quaint neighborhood they are traveling thru runs out to the front porch.. beer in one hand, pool cue in the other and bellows to the captive Conch Train audience "Welcome to Paradise"... maybe you had to be there, but it is indelibly etched in my mind as a fine day in paradise.

The success of drug decriminalization in Portugal - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Cato Institute: Drug Decriminalization in Portugal (Policy Forum)

In 2001, Portugal began a remarkable policy experiment, decriminalizing all drugs, including cocaine and heroin. Some predicted disastrous results—that drug addiction rates would soar and the country would become a haven for "drug tourists." Now that several years have passed, policy experts can study the results. In a new paper for the Cato Institute, attorney and author Glenn Greenwald closely examines the Portugal experiment and concludes that the doomsayers were wrong. There is now a widespread consensus in Portugal that decriminalization has been a success. The debate in Portugal has shifted rather dramatically to minor adjustments in the existing arrangement. There is no real debate about whether drugs should once again be criminalized.

Never heard of it... *downloads* Watch it tonight lol.

Best Stoner (or to be stoned to watch) films;

Halfbaked
Harold&Kumar go to white castle
Harold&Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Pick of Destiny!!! (The mushroom trip is awesome!! mmmmmm.... Juicy)
Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
Pineapple Express
Pee Wee's big adventure
Big Lebowski
Jacobs Ladder
Love Guru (the elephants getting their freak on, on the rink... I did a bad bad thing..)
Alice in Wonderland
Horton hears a who (The REAL and original cartoon... Deep and powerful show)
Caddyshack!! lmfao
Withnail & I (that will f your mind....)
Pee Wee's Big top!
Envy
Time Bandits
Secret Window
Friday
Next Friday
Friday after next
The first Ace Ventura.
Dumb and Dumber.... A BULL**** LMAO!

That is some... Trust me... My word is bond.

lol I said that is some... lol man seriously if I made a full list..... It would be huge... I got tons more on the tip of my tongue! but those were first in queue! Gremlins man! lol the second one where the dude has a brain empowerment! and can speak all post and proper like lol wears that suit and carrys a six peiece?

look at me!£!" look at me1"£! look at me!£$
Excuse me one moment would you
*shoots the smaller gremlin in the face*

Classic lol.

Back