Star Trek Thread

Hmmm, I think this suits me...

Race Selector:

Human
[FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]More information about this result.[FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Get your selector results graphic and text links here.[FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]The most frequent top results for this selector.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Read selected Bookshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=selectsmartcom&l=ur2&o=1[/FONT][/FONT]
#2Bajoran
[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]More information about this result.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Get your selector results graphic and text links here.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]The most frequent top results for this selector.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Read selected Bookshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=selectsmartcom&l=ur2&o=1[/FONT]
[/FONT]#3Trill
[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]More information about this result.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Get your selector results graphic and text links here.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]The most frequent top results for this selector.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Read selected Bookshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=selectsmartcom&l=ur2&o=1[/FONT]
[/FONT]#4Vulcan
[/FONT]#5Andorian
[/FONT]#6Betazoid
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

And now for part two, Character selector:

Commander William Riker
[FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]More information about this result.[FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Get your selector results graphic and text links here.[FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]The most frequent top results for this selector.[/FONT][FONT=helvetica narrow,Arial]Read selected Bookshttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=selectsmartcom&l=ur2&o=1[/FONT][/FONT]
#2Lieutenant Commander Data
[/FONT]#3Admiral James T. Kirk
[/FONT]#4Captain Benjamin Sisko
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hmmm, I ended up Admiral Spock...not quite sure how to take that. (I've got to do something about these pointy ears and green skin)

Anywhooo...

So much about Star Trek vs Star Wars, I'm somewhat surprised there are no (yet admitted) X-philes. Allow me to be the first! From episode one up until Mulder left the show, and I even tried to follow for a time after. I really like the actor from Terminator II, but he didn't belong on the X-files, he was out of his element and never quite seemed to make it his. I quickly lost interest after that. Loved the lone gunmen. Madly in love with Scully. Loved the whole mystique surrounding the show for so long.

So, any other X-philes "out there?" What is your favorite episode?

Hmmm, I ended up Admiral Spock...not quite sure how to take that. (I've got to do something about these pointy ears and green skin)

Anywhooo...

So much about Star Trek vs Star Wars, I'm somewhat surprised there are no (yet admitted) X-philes. Allow me to be the first! From episode one up until Mulder left the show, and I even tried to follow for a time after. I really like the actor from Terminator II, but he didn't belong on the X-files, he was out of his element and never quite seemed to make it his. I quickly lost interest after that. Loved the lone gunmen. Madly in love with Scully. Loved the whole mystique surrounding the show for so long.

So, any other X-philes "out there?" What is your favorite episode?
Juan!? Hijacking the Star Trek thread?....

oh the indignity of it all....(mumble mumble mumble mbl bmmmmmmmmmmmmm) phasers on heavy stun.

Tiggr is a sidekick to Winnie the Pooh...I'm thinking Bloom County, Outland, and Opus, by Berk Breathed. As in Opus the Penguin. And Bill the Cat. Ack, thpt.

Oh Lordy...are we graduating from SciFi to Sunday funnies?

Tiggr is a sidekick to Winnie the Pooh...I'm thinking Bloom County, Outland, and Opus, by Berk Breathed. As in Opus the Penguin. And Bill the Cat.

Oh Lordy...are we graduating from SciFi to Sunday funnies?

"Tiggr" is my cat. and he was a 'test pilot' for one of my model air planes. (don't worry, he had a parachute).

Eh, busty blondes are a dime a dozen in Hollywood (behold the wonders of silicon, *better make that saline*)...good looking red heads are hard to find anywhere.

Not the change the subject...but I am changing the subject :rolleyes:

Hot off the press: British science folk are tweeking a system they've designed to act as...yep, shields for space craft. Not so far fetched as we once thought, since they have a working model to emulate...the earth.

Right, the scientists are refining procedure where a space craft is surrounded by a magnetic field (similar to earth's magnetisphere), and then filling the space between the edge of the field and the surfaces of the space craft with plasma (which is held in place by the magnetic field). With this configuration, any radiation/energy coming at the space craft would be deflected by the magnetic field and/or diffused-absorbed by the plasma.

hmmmm

Eh, busty blondes are a dime a dozen in Hollywood (behold the wonders of silicon, *better make that saline*)...good looking red heads are hard to find anywhere.

One of my favorites - Maureen O'Hara...

One of my favorites - Maureen O'Hara...

Excellent choice!

I also think Roby, from Friday the 13th (the series) was rather easy on the eyes.

For drop dead gorgeous, there was a sweet young Irish lass on a TV series called "Head of the Class" whose name escapes me. Billy Connolly filled in quite ably as the teacher when Howard Hesseman stepped aside, that series was far too short lived.

Hmmm, now to tie all this back to Star Trek...

Oh yeah! do you remember the episode where the whole crew sat around and vegetated over old TV reruns. Even had the Klingons hooked, for a while anyway. Ah, those were the days... ;)

Which version of Star Trek is your favourite and why?

The original Star Trek. The writing was thought-provoking and relevant, there was real passion, and the friendship chemistry between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy was priceless. And no-one is quite as iconic as those three characters in the later series.

TNG was pretty good in its third and fourth seasons, but was too bloodless and sleep-inducing for me most of the time.

DS9 was okay, but B5 did everything better. And James Kirk is far more interesting a character than Captain Crisco.

Voyager... the less said about this flop, the better.

I've only seen one or two episodes of "Enterprise", so I can't comment fully there. I wasn't impressed with what I saw, though. It didn't feel "Trek" enough to me.

Live long and prosper,

Mark

Just thought I'd post for those that have not heard.
Today the remains of James Doohan, the engineer from Star Trek best known as Scotty, were blasted into space.

Today the remains of James Doohan, the engineer from Star Trek best known as Scotty, were blasted into space.

...I can here DeForest Kelly snipping "Forget it Jim, I'm a doctor not a rocket payload..." :eek: ;)

In the same manner as one cannot mix matter and anti-matter, is it not the case that one cannot mix the constituents of the Pentateuch Wisdom thread without the risk of the whole website’s implosion?

s.

He was one of my favorites. Since Spock was always my favorite, I delighted in his (Scotty's) animated exchanges.

Spock would say something like "given our current situation, we'll cross the planet's path in 3.72589455742 hours" and Scotty would say something like "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE UNLESS WE GET THIS PIECE OF CRAP GOING AND YOU JUST SIT THERE".

Made him seem like a rough boob, but everybody liked him when he brought out the Saurian brandy.

He will be missed.

Back