Star Trek Thread

I want a food replicator. I wouldn't use it all the time, but....

Edit: Just saw your post, TE. LOL--no not "beta", just zoid.:)

I want a food replicator. I wouldn't use it all the time, but....
We'd make a mint...we'd probably be able to enhance the flavor and eliminate the calories during the transfer...

And think about delivery time.

We just order pizza from every joint, and then chicken from the others, and burgers...and then of course you could make some guac...

We put up an internet shopping site and sell the units and then deliver food with a click of the button!!

I can see our bank accounts now!

Wil, you sound like those guys--I don't know what they are--but they are traders on the Enterprise. :D

Edit: I remember! The Pheringi, or Feringi?? You're not like them, are you?

Now first let me say that I am having a little fun here, and hope you take it in that vein, for I do have true affection for you as I know you.

So, if you go to a trekkyvention what do you go as? I imagine you a Klingon of course. Infact I would bet you have learned Klingon!!

I think I might be the child of a Klingon/Empath union, yes a schizophrenic :p. That or Scotty's brother that went into the catering core and was made redundant by a machine and now finds solace in perfectly replicated single malt whisky :D

TE

Haven't been to a convention since 1995. Yes I learned Klinshai (Klingon). On halloween I've been known to convert my garage into a transporter room (with optical illusions of people transporting and everything). People could even video tape their friends disappearing and re-appearing on the transporter pads with the background sounds and lights (still shots with flash didn't work well).

On a more serious note, if you were to step into a Coast Guard Cutter or Naval engineroom, today, you'd swear you were in ST land...I kid you not. Go into sick bay and lie on the bed, and your vitals are read on a computer screen. Your cell phone isn't exactly a figment of Rodenberry's imagination anymore...

Go step on the "bridge" of a naval vessel...GPS from 23,000 miles up within three feet?

My computer is voice activated (at home).

ST is here and now (only we take it for granted). Now if only the little green men would show up and stick around...:eek: ;)

Wil, you sound like those guys--I don't know what they are--but they are traders on the Enterprise. :D

You know you guys are going to get me to watch this stuff yet... and my preacher refers to some episodes...I never know what he's talking about...
Your cell phone isn't exactly a figment of Rodenberry's imagination anymore...
I do remember that! the little flip phone he should be getting royalties...I just keep trying to limit mine to stun...

hehe...seems that is what I do here often...stun...

Why? Is he quarter brained or likes to have his ear lobes stroked? Oh, he's out to make a bar of gold pressed latinum...;)

:) Yeh I recently had a conversation with my grandfather about the technological advances he had seen in his lifetime. We are truly living in the most amazing period of human history to date.

I liked the last series in the Roddenbury catalogue, Andromeda. Why? It has the coolest spaceship of all the series :p, string theory transportation through the slipstream. Not to mention the minxy little cat-like imortal woman in it....my kind of Kitten :)

:) Yeh I recently had a conversation with my grandfather about the technological advances he had seen in his lifetime. We are truly living in the most amazing period of human history to date.

I liked the last series in the Roddenbury catalogue, Andromeda. Why? It has the coolest spaceship of all the series :p, string theory transportation through the slipstream. Not to mention the minxy little cat-like imortal woman in it....my kind of Kitten :)
She evolves into an energy being...kind of hard to hold I should think. :rolleyes: :eek:

Ever wonder what Star Trek race you would be or what to play in that RPG? here's how to find out!
Star Trek Race Selector
My results:
#1 Bajoran
#2 Betazoid
#3 Trill
#4 Vulcan
#5 Human
#6 Andorian
#7 Cardassian
#8 Romulan
#9 Ferengi
#10 Klingon

1.Human (as I correctly predicted).
2.Betazoid
3.Bajoran
4.Trill (I thought that was bird seed)
5.Vulcan
6.Andorian
7.Romulan
8.Cardassian
9.Ferengi
10.Klingon

My character result was Chakotay 2nd was Troi too :p

aha! no feringi here! (the only ones I know of at all are human, vulcan and klingon...I think they fought klingons and Spock was
Vulcan....my knowledge of Star Trek just ran out)

#1Human[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#2Bajoran[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#3Betazoid[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#4Trill[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#5Vulcan[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#6Cardassian[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#7Klingon[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#8Romulan[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#9Andorian[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#10Ferengi[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

I don't know the
[/FONT]I don't know the first guy and think the rest are from the original series yes?
[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]
I

[/FONT]#1The EMH (doctor from voyager)[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#2Admiral Spock[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#3Captain Hikaru Sulu[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#4Admiral Montgomery Scott (Scotty)[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#5Doctor Leonard McCoy[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial] [/FONT]

I came up as (character) Lt Tuvoc (race) Vulcan.

Not knowing as much about the new series' (serai?), I was hoping to be Spock. Having read up on Tuvoc, I'm happy with that.

At least I'm Vulcan!

I was hoping to be Spock. Having read up on Tuvoc, I'm happy with that.

At least I'm Vulcan!
Ok I was quite happy with most of my choices being from the little bit I know of StarTrek...and then you posted and said you 'read up' so I 'read up', "At least I'm Vulcan!", he says...I'm a freakin hologram??

So I 'read up' a little further....they beamed the hologram down? and he had kids?

Youse better 'splain it to me Lucy!

a. Doesn't Hologram require a light source to produce the entity?
b. Isn't it completely virtual?
c. How does one 'beam' this thing anywhere?
d. It's little holographic sperm have holographic dna which can fertilze some little foriegn zygote? Am I too stupid to wear a holographic condom?
e. And what is with this name schizophrenia?

Irrevevant and immaterial! (Oh, wait, that's Perry Mason)

I mean "illogical".:D

Stop it will, you're killing me!

About what hologram thing are you talking? You lost me 26.57896587156187 seconds ago precisely.

Oh yeah, live long and prober.

About what hologram thing are you talking? You lost me 26.57896587156187 seconds ago precisely.
[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial]

[/FONT]#1The EMH (doctor from voyager)[FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Narrow, Arial] [/FONT]
The test says I am the EMH...The Emergency Medical Hologram, better known as The Doctor, is a character on the television series Voyager.

Back