God's works, scripture based or not.

LeoSalinas22

merely a shadow...
Reaction score
i don't know if this has been done before, but if it has, please disregard. anyhow, the reason for this thread is to recognize the evidence of God's existence, mainly through His works. works that without a doubt, prove He does exist. i'll go ahead and start, for example, the sun, what keeps it burning or giving off light the way it does? unless, Someone said let there be light. it is impossible for something like the sun to have been made out of pure chaos, like the way the big bang explains. anyways, anyone is welcome to respond, especially the ones who believe we all came from monkeys! lol. you know who you are!

Try grace, mercy, and resurrection. (It is Holy week.)

and i wholeheartedly agree! but what evidence is there that even if we are a dry lump of bones that the Almighty Himself can still resurrect us? for example, in God's works, He shows us that a lifeless seed if planted in the earth, will come to life as a fruitbearing tree! do you see what i mean?

yeah, like what a coincidence that every other planet has like a gazillion moons but ours has only one at night and a light for the day. no way is that a product of random chaos. science is all lies, man! lol

You responded to the thing I changed, it makes sense once whoever reads that Leo was responding to night and day.

I just thought everyone could relate to rest.

i don't know if this has been done before, but if it has, please disregard. anyhow, the reason for this thread is to recognize the evidence of God's existence, mainly through His works. works that without a doubt, prove He does exist. i'll go ahead and start, for example, the sun, what keeps it burning or giving off light the way it does? unless, Someone said let there be light. it is impossible for something like the sun to have been made out of pure chaos, like the way the big bang explains. anyways, anyone is welcome to respond, especially the ones who believe we all came from monkeys! lol. you know who you are!
Namaste Leo,

While I believe in G-d you should know your reasoning has some holes in it. As Christians we may believe, but I don't think we should bury our heads in the sand, we should at least be aware of the world around us.

Our Sun is one of millions. There are thousands of star (sun) forming areas in our universe still forming stars out of chaos...each one with a beginning and an end...just as ours has a life expectancy...we are aware of when it will turn into its next phases and it is about 1/3 of its expected lifespan right now.

• [*]In the next 1.1 billion years, its brightness will increase by 10%. This will super-heat our planet as a result of a severe greenhouse effect. All of the oceans on earth will boil away and all life will be destroyed.
    [*]In about 6.5 billion years, our sun will double in brightness and use up all of its supply of hydrogen fuel in its core. This will cause the sun to begin swelling as it uses hydrogen from the layers surrounding the core.
    [*] In about 8 billion years the sun will swell to 166 times its present size. This giant star will swallow up Mercury, Venus, and maybe even our Earth. Our sun will then be what scientists call a Red Giant because it will be very large and red in color.
    [*]After all hydrogen fuel is used, the sun will begin to use helium as its fuel. This fuel will burn very quickly and only last about 100 million years.

[*]In about 12 billion years, the sun will eject much of its outer layers and become a smoldering, collapsed core that scientists would call a White Dwarf.

[*]Lastly anyone that takes the time to glance at evolution is aware that no scientists believes that we descended from monkeys...the common understanding is that we descended from the same ancestors...they are distant cousins many times removed.
    yeah, like what a coincidence that every other planet has like a gazillion moons but ours has only one at night and a light for the day. no way is that a product of random chaos. science is all lies, man! lol
    lol is right, the moon predates the texts, the writers were describing the same sky you see today. Not every other planet has multiple moons, some have none, some have one, some have many, I don't know of any with a gazillion. (unless you wish to count each fragment in Saturn's rings as moons....but I still don't think you'll find a gazillion or a bigillion...in the future if you'd like to use a big number for an uncountabillion use googolplex, it isn't a made up word)

I agree that people have placed too much faith in science (although we know it does play a role), but a "gazillion" moons? LOL I know what you mean.

so tell me, how does one celebrate holy week?
For me yesterday Palm Sunday...and finish the Lenten period reading and contemplating...And starting Passover, with a Seder dinner with my Jewish friends, and tommorow begin Counting the Omer. (Last year was intereresting as Lent and Passover coincided for almost the entire period)

Then Wednesday meditations, Maundy Thursday communion and foot washing, Good Friday, and then sunrise services on Sunday...quite the week of thought, contemplation, and celebration coming up!

more works, people, more works. not just the sun, but things like the human body, or one like this, how awesome is it that God made horses! they don't run on gas and are far more superior than any man made vehicle!

I thought you celebrated at Easter.

well, there is a problem with that since i don't know how to. i don't have friends who share the same need to glorify God. i don't even go to church! also easter has been given a bad name with the whole goddess of fertility thing. so i am a little fearful of Him if i celebrate something that offends Him. hope you can understand this worthless sinner.

well, there is a problem with that since i don't know how to. i don't have friends who share the same need to glorify God. i don't even go to church! also easter has been given a bad name with the whole goddess of fertility thing. so i am a little fearful of Him if i celebrate something that offends Him. hope you can understand this worthless sinner.

How has Easter been given a bad name?

Correct me if im wrong but I think he is speaking of the easter bunny etc.. My kids get easter baskets and we color eggs.. and we also attend Easter service and take communion..

We arent under a law... We can do whatever as long as we do it unto the Lord..

Namaste Leo,

While I believe in G-d you should know your reasoning has some holes in it. As Christians we may believe, but I don't think we should bury our heads in the sand, we should at least be aware of the world around us.

Our Sun is one of millions. There are thousands of star (sun) forming areas in our universe still forming stars out of chaos...each one with a beginning and an end...just as ours has a life expectancy...we are aware of when it will turn into its next phases and it is about 1/3 of its expected lifespan right now.

• [*]In the next 1.1 billion years, its brightness will increase by 10%. This will super-heat our planet as a result of a severe greenhouse effect. All of the oceans on earth will boil away and all life will be destroyed.
    [*]In about 6.5 billion years, our sun will double in brightness and use up all of its supply of hydrogen fuel in its core. This will cause the sun to begin swelling as it uses hydrogen from the layers surrounding the core.
    [*]In about 8 billion years the sun will swell to 166 times its present size. This giant star will swallow up Mercury, Venus, and maybe even our Earth. Our sun will then be what scientists call a Red Giant because it will be very large and red in color.
    [*]After all hydrogen fuel is used, the sun will begin to use helium as its fuel. This fuel will burn very quickly and only last about 100 million years.

[*]In about 12 billion years, the sun will eject much of its outer layers and become a smoldering, collapsed core that scientists would call a White Dwarf.

[*]Lastly anyone that takes the time to glance at evolution is aware that no scientists believes that we descended from monkeys...the common understanding is that we descended from the same ancestors...they are distant cousins many times removed. lol is right, the moon predates the texts, the writers were describing the same sky you see today. Not every other planet has multiple moons, some have none, some have one, some have many, I don't know of any with a gazillion. (unless you wish to count each fragment in Saturn's rings as moons....but I still don't think you'll find a gazillion or a bigillion...in the future if you'd like to use a big number for an uncountabillion use googolplex, it isn't a made up word)
And you know this is all true right Wil. You have actually read those billion year old papers. Sorry I forgot no one has been here for billions of years and no one will ever prove if any of those numbers are right cause no one will be here in 10 billion years.

Back