National Day of Prayer

I read the books (3) in my b.c. days, ... How far did the movie go?
Namaste Pattimax,

The movie chronicled a portion of his life about 5 years during which he had the conversations. His seperation from his wife and children, the accident, the broken neck, the problems of an over qualified 50 year old with a neck brace trying to get hired, eviction, living on the street, dumpster diving, finally getting a job and house, then the owners of his job going bankrupt, back into depression, the conversations, the book deals, the speaking engagements....twas interesting. I never read all three...does interest me in reading though...

Spiritual cinema is worth it, $20 a month you get a DVD a month with one feature and a couple shorts and discussion questions. Not rentals, you keep them....or pass them on. (US only I don't know about Int'l)
pattimax said:
Hey Leo- You are absolutely correct. Pray without ceasing! (don't shoot the messenger:) )
I don't see where we have a choice...he knows our prayers before we do...

Our thoughts are prayers...and we are always praying.
Our thoughts are prayers...take charge of what your saying
Seek a higher consciousness...a place of peacefulness
as every thought becomes a prayer...

Hey Leo- You are absolutely correct. Pray without ceasing!
(don't shoot the messenger:) )

lol. i know i am just messing with you. i know how zealous you are for our Father in heaven by just reading your posts. but, i have to ask, who came up with this "holiday" and why? i mean is it just me or is this idea kinda ignorant?

Our thoughts are prayers...and we are always praying.
Our thoughts are prayers...take charge of what your saying
Seek a higher consciousness...a place of peacefulness
as every thought becomes a prayer...

amen and amen.

The National Day of Prayer has great significance for us as a nation. It enables us to recall and to teach the way in which our founding fathers sought the wisdom of God when faced with critical decisions. It stands as a call to us to humbly come before God, seeking His guidance for our leaders and His grace upon us as a people. The unanimous passage of the bill establishing the National Day of Prayer as an annual event, signifies that prayer is as important to our nation today as it was in the beginning.

The National Day of Prayer belongs to all Americans. It is a day that transcends differences, bringing together citizens from all backgrounds. Mrs. Shirley Dobson, NDP chairman, reminds us: "We have lost many of our freedoms in America because we have been asleep. I feel if we do not become involved and support the annual National Day of Prayer, we could end up forfeiting this freedom, too."

History Summary

1775 - The first Continental Congress called for a National Day of Prayer
1863 - Abraham Lincoln called for such a day.
1952 - Congress established NDP as an annual event by a joint resolution, signed into law by President Truman.
1988 - The law was amended and signed by President Reagan, designating the NDP as the first Thursday in May.

source: see above website

no, you misunderstood. prayer to me is all important. it is the fact that this nation chooses to only have prayer one day out of the year is ignorant. i mean, whats next, no prayer in school? oooops, they already did that. or what else, teaching evolution in public schools? my bad. they control that too. this nation is trying too much to "regulate" how we should worship God. it is, to me, a huge dissappointment. then again, Christ did say that all these things must come to pass and that Satan is the god of this world. i mean why instead couldn't this nation make the whole year "National Year of Prayer". all of this is not targeted at you, patti, it is targeted at this "nation", after all you are just the messenger!

I thanked god for getting a job I needed today. I do that because I think it would be interesting if there was a god, and part of me thinks there is. I just hope he isnt as horrible as I think based on some interpretations.

I talked to myself todday. Im not sure if god heard. does he only tune in when you want him to hear? or are we always talking to god?

Namaste Pattimax,

Spiritual cinema is worth it, $20 a month you get a DVD a month with one feature and a couple shorts and discussion questions. Not rentals, you keep them....or pass them on. (US only I don't know about Int'l)

I don't see where we have a choice...he knows our prayers before we do...

Thanx for the website.

God knows our wants and needs, but he wants you humble enough to ask Him. It never has to be formal.
...Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
James 4:2b

Thanx for the website.

God knows our wants and needs, but he wants you humble enough to ask Him. It never has to be formal.
...Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
James 4:2b
touche...yeah he knows them...but is waiting for the request...

I've also heard...G-d answers all prayers...but sometimes the answer is no.

touche...yeah he knows them...but is waiting for the request...

I've also heard...G-d answers all prayers...but sometimes the answer is no.

Also God's answer can be Yes, plus!
Or it can be, "be patient, my child."

Whatever the answer is, you (I mean "we") know that it is always in our best interest.

Pardon me if someone already mentioned this.. but to me its so sad that we need a national day of prayer to remind people to pray. What is going on in the body of Christ? Does anyone even know? We are a segmented body divided into denominations.

The National Day of Prayer has great significance for us as a nation. It enables us to recall and to teach the way in which our founding fathers sought the wisdom of God when faced with critical decisions. It stands as a call to us to humbly come before God, seeking His guidance for our leaders and His grace upon us as a people. The unanimous passage of the bill establishing the National Day of Prayer as an annual event, signifies that prayer is as important to our nation today as it was in the beginning.

The National Day of Prayer belongs to all Americans. It is a day that transcends differences, bringing together citizens from all backgrounds. Mrs. Shirley Dobson, NDP chairman, reminds us: "We have lost many of our freedoms in America because we have been asleep. I feel if we do not become involved and support the annual National Day of Prayer, we could end up forfeiting this freedom, too."

History Summary

1775 - The first Continental Congress called for a National Day of Prayer
1863 - Abraham Lincoln called for such a day.
1952 - Congress established NDP as an annual event by a joint resolution, signed into law by President Truman.
1988 - The law was amended and signed by President Reagan, designating the NDP as the first Thursday in May.

at least 2 characters

Last edited:
It wasnt a slight! I was posting emotionally and didnt read your post in entirety

I am grieved at the condition of our nation and I would wish that the one day would become everyday. I think the church in this nation needs to repent. I am sorrowful at what is going to become of us in the next election. But thats another thread.. lol

I am grieved at the condition of our nation and I would wish that the one day would become everyday. I think the church in this nation needs to repent. I am sorrowful at what is going to become of us in the next election. But thats another thread.. lol
Is it? We are not ready to start life of prayer until we are willing to start a life of peace. Paraphrased, those that don't love one another don't love me... But as previously discussed, since G-d hears our thoughts before we utter our prayers all our thoughts are prayers and we are always praying...the question is what for?

Let's back a Department of Peace, rejoice in a National Day of Prayer...and expand both throughout the world....instead of arms, cigarettes, and ddt.

Is it? We are not ready to start life of prayer until we are willing to start a life of peace. Paraphrased, those that don't love one another don't love me... But as previously discussed, since G-d hears our thoughts before we utter our prayers all our thoughts are prayers and we are always praying...the question is what for?

Let's back a Department of Peace, rejoice in a National Day of Prayer...and expand both throughout the world....instead of arms, cigarettes, and ddt.

lol...then peace will never come. Kind of like putting the cart before the horse. And if we have to have a department to regulate "peace" then there is a serious problem.

I presume you are speaking in jest, so am I.

The National day of Prayer is a way to keep God in government (at least a small part). Give it time. The ACLU will find NDP to be unconstitutional and have it banned too.

I presume you are speaking in jest, so am I.
Oh no jest here. I am in full support of the World Peace Government, our proposed Department of Peace and the US Peace Government. Our Peace Department would be a cabinet level position to help provide alternate thoughts from our Department of War (renamed to Dept. of Defense w/o attitude adjustment)

If we'd prayed first or had a Department of Peace in force we probably wouldn't had a pre-emptive strike on a soviern nation that didn't attack us (look up the definition fo defense)..wouldn't have >4k US dead, 600k Iraqi dead, almost 300 coalition dead, and >30,000 coaltion wounded...

If we'd prayed first or had a Department of Peace in force we probably wouldn't have created an Al Queda testing and training ground.

Back