Tribute to Mark/Prober

lunamoth

Episcopalian
Reaction score
Chris has just shared the very sad news that his brother Mark, known here as Prober, passed on of a heart attack last night at the age of 44. Like many of you, I've come to feel that Mark and Chris are both friends and we've shared some conversations that perhaps we would not even have with other friends or family. So, I'm starting this thread for anyone who would like to share thoughts about Mark as we remember him and keep him close.

Mark was a dear, gentle person whose posts were always uplifting and full of the evidence of God's love. His desire for peace between everyone here and in the world was a shining example and I have never known him to let a difference of opinion be cause for anger of offense. In short, he has always been an example of the kind of loving human being I believe God wishes us to be. No doubt he now rests in the comfort of the arms of his Lord.

I offer a short prayer:

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou are doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Give us this day...
To remember a brother of such kind spirit
That could make me smile and make me think
And who offered wisdom of simple love and peace
Give us this day...
Our support and condolences to a grieving family
Where such a loss must be so sorely felt
And hope they can find comfort in simply remembering
That he was a light that shone so brightly

Miss you Mark,

Farewell.

David.

REST IN PEACE Mark/Prober.
My condolences to his family and friends.
You have my heart-felt sympathy for your loss.

Oh Jesus receive this brother into your loving arms because where you are he will be also.

Chris I am so sorry
He and I were in very much the same place and I considered him my brother too.

The first thing I noticed about Mark/Prober was his Avatar of a closeup of Michaelangelo's Sisitine Chapel. "God Creates Adam".

Thank you for spending time with us Mark.

love,

Maeve

Mark was funny, gentle, and spiritual. He loved his family and spoke of them often. He walked on eggshells sometimes for the sake of others. He spoke boldly sometimes for the same reason. His questions may have been many, but so were his answers. And his faith was inspirational. We will miss him very, very much.
40.gif

344d1170716938-what-do-you-look-like-we2.jpg

358d1172608525-what-do-you-look-like-promat-2007a.jpg

Keeping you in our hearts until we see you again, dear Prober.

InPeace,
InLove & Jack Halyard

After reading through his posts I was so very touched and came to the realization that he was a very wise man.

Alfa, alfa salaam to the family of Mark/Prober. He seemed to be a gentle and loving soul.

May you rest in peace until we all reach the Day of Judgement. Farewell friend.

Allahu akbar

*an eerie howl reverberates through the entire Comparative Religion site, courtesy of the :kitty: delegation. Some human members break down completely, others less so, and very few (if any) are unmoved*

The :kitty:s have volunteered their services as non-human grief therapists.

Before I forget: give all of your loved ones an extra hug for at least 30 days.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste Chris, condolences to you and yours....

Namaste Prober,

This is a first for me, an online acquaintance making his transition. I've seen your pix, discussed, contemplated, agreed and argued.

But we've never met, I've never heard your voice. But there is a connection, via bits and bytes, but still heart to heart.

The connection is clearly one of modern technology. We'll no longer see your threads, we'll know longer enjoy the repartee, the thoughts, the responses.

Smooth flight my brother, keep us posted.

Namaste Mark, big hugs...pass them on.

Wow. I dunno what to say, but just wow.

I will say that I've felt a real kindred spirit with Mark here at CR. He really expressed a genuine faith in God and I could tell His relationship with Christ was real and warm. He will definitely be missed.

But I cannot say it better than he could. I would like to quote one of Mark's last posts here, if I may, from under the What Has Jesus Done For You? thread:

Mark/Prober said:
In addition to creating me and this lovely world, Jesus has given me the assurance that, despite my failings, I can turn again to Him any time, just as I am, and start over again with a clean record. That's a good thing because I fall short so often.

He kept watch over me when I tried not to believe in Him and kept me alive and well, gently drawing me back. His endless love wraps around me like a warm blanket, reminding me to keep loving others instead of getting bogged down in "vain janglings".

Thanks G-d!

Love,
Mark

That captures the very essence of true Christian faith that was so dear to him.

Mark, you will be very much missed. But I know that you are rejoicing in the Presence of your Father in heaven.

My whole condolences for you, Chris, and the rest of your family. May you take comfort that Mark takes the love you shared with him.

Love & Peace,

Paul/Dondi

gosh, i'm sorry to hear this. i wish chris and his family a long life.

i think mark/prober was probably one of the few people here i've never been waspish to...

baruch Dayyan emeth

b'shalom

bananabrain

Thank you all again. We are all just devastated right now, especially Mark's wife Robyn. I'll post the information when the funeral arrangements have been made if anyone wants to send a condolence. I'm sorry, just can't think straight right now.

Chris

Chris, I had no idea he was your brother.
People usually say nice things when someone passes away, but Prober came across as a balanced person, and he was a very constructive member of CR.

Hope for strength to you and all your family in such a difficult time.

oh no!

I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

Prayers offered for his family and friends.

O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins, bestower of gifts, dispeller of afflictions!
Verily, I beseech Thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.
O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendors on the loftiest mount.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá
(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 43)

Mark. I still feel you in my heart and in my mind. They've got your body to do their rites to. They all want closure. I'm not ever letting go brother. I've got a place for you to live in my heart. No one is ever going to take that away from me.

Chris

I was deeply saddened to hear the news.

Here we often just seem to deal with names in Cyberspace, yet in my own case I cannot but have instant reactions to seeing the name attached to any particular post. The name "Prober" always evoked in me a positive reaction, knowing I would meet in his words a fundamental kindness and openess of heart. I shall miss him.

My condolences to you Chris, and all the family.

Bless him.

Back